Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,163 times

Advertisements

sierra,

I'm so sorry to hear about your medical problems!!!!

A bladder infection got into my bloodstream and set me into kidney failure, and respiratory failure. The doc's also thought I wouldn't make it. But I did. Blood disorders are hard to fix, even if there will ever be a fix!!!

Get well soon sweetie! That's my New Year's wish for you a speedy recovery!!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yes, but what about carbon monoxide and other chemicals in cigarettes and then the stuff in alcohol that people willingly ingest knowing it's health risks for a long time? It just seems like we can have all kinds of warnings on stuff and people ignore them anyway.
There's nothing wrong with alcohol. Same with tobacco. Both have been around for ages without causing any problems. Granted, there's nothing you can do about the carcinogenic additives, but the situation is the same with your food, drinks, cleaning products, general environment, etc., so in case you don't plan on digging 6 feet under immediately, you just accept there's nothing you can do about it and might as well enjoy your numbered days as a cockroach as much as you can.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
sierra,

I'm so sorry to hear about your medical problems!!!!

A bladder infection got into my bloodstream and set me into kidney failure, and respiratory failure. The doc's also thought I wouldn't make it. But I did. Blood disorders are hard to fix, even if there will ever be a fix!!!
OMG!

Quote:
Get well soon sweetie! That's my New Year's wish for you a speedy recovery!!!!
Thank you. Hope everything's fine with you by now, but if it isn't - the same to you!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There's nothing wrong with alcohol. Same with tobacco. Granted, there's nothing you can do about the carcinogenic additives, but the situation is the same with your food, drinks, cleaning products, general environment, etc., so in case you don't plan on digging 6 feet under immediately, you just accept there's nothing you can do about it and might as well enjoy your numbered days as a cockroach as much as you can.

I'm living each day as it was my last!!! I enjoy every day to it's fullest and give thanks that I lasted one more day!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
I'm living each day as it was my last!!! I enjoy every day to it's fullest and give thanks that I lasted one more day!
Good for you! It's not easy.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Yes, but what about carbon monoxide and other chemicals in cigarettes and then the stuff in alcohol that people willingly ingest knowing the health risks for a long time? It just seems like we can have all kinds of warnings on stuff and people ignore them anyway. Aspirin, alone, is the most abused drug - and that's voluntary because people don't read the directions or use it properly by choice.

I was talking about drugs like Ritalin and such, that make things worse for people, in this case kids. They are forced to take the drug, weather they want to or not, and many parents know it isn't a very good drug. Also, while many common things like alcohol and cigarrettes are bad for people, the consumers already know that they are poison. While some drugs that are prescribed by doctors sometimes have unknown side effects. That's what I was referring to. I would like all drugs to be available without a prescription, actually. But also for all the drugs to be tested for a great amount of time so that we are aware of all the side effects.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I was talking about drugs like Ritalin and such, that make things worse for people, in this case kids. They are forced to take the drug, weather they want to or not, and many parents know it isn't a very good drug. Also, while many common things like alcohol and cigarrettes are bad for people, the consumers already know that they are poison. While some drugs that are prescribed by doctors sometimes have unknown side effects. That's what I was referring to. I would like all drugs to be available without a prescription, actually. But also for all the drugs to be tested for a great amount of time so that we are aware of all the side effects.
While I agree, it also is the driving force behind the high cost of these prescription drugs - the more research and testing done before they hit the market. Then people complain aout that. It also delays many drugs, particularly those that have been used to treat aids patients, from getting to the market for YEARS. It's a double edged sword.

The high cost of a drug and patent is to recoup what is usually more than 10 years of research before it even hits the FDA.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
It also delays many drugs, particularly those that have been used to treat aids patients, from getting to the market for YEARS.
Do you really expect the country that created AIDS in a lab to care for those with AIDS...?

Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
While I agree, it also is the driving force behind the high cost of these prescription drugs - the more research and testing done before they hit the market. It also delays many drugs, particularly those that have been used to treat aids patients, from getting to the market for YEARS. It's a double edged sword.

The high cost of a drug and patent is to recoup what is usually more than 10 years of research before it even hits the FDA.
They might tell you that, but they are lieing. Other countries don't charge that much for prescription drugs. And doctors are not making a killing off of sick people either. In fact, the U.S. is the only country that has really terrible healthcare.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good for you! It's not easy.
No it isn't sierra, as you and I know it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships