Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Can you type more than 4 words in a row?
why? the thread is nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 AM

324 posts, read 573,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Who here sometimes feels like a loner? Maybe you're truly alone, with your only social interactions coming from saying hi to your coworkers and the pizza delivery guy. Maybe you have a few friends, but they're not always there for you, and you certainly don't have a sweet lady / wonderful man by your side. Whatever your situation, you feel alone and it may or may not bug you.

I'm sitting here in my room at 10PM on a Saturday night. Some might say not just any Saturday night, but the night of the first day of the new year. There are people out there laughing, living and loving, having a party for the second day in a row. Perhaps 'sampling some goods' from a looker they met at another party. Maybe spending the night in, sharing cheese and fine wine with a significant other. And you know what? This is how the majority of my Saturday nights have been for about five years.

Why don't you dim your lights down low, sit in a Freudian looking couch and listen to some Barry Manilow. My gosh, can you be any more depressing??

Of course I'm a loner. I don't dwell on it. I deal with it. If you truly feel bothered by it, I suggest you join a book club. You are able to examine other people's personalities once they give their opinions on a book. This method easily eliminates all the bad friends and highlights potentially good friends.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,791,220 times
You are not a loner, your just lonely. Nobody can do anything for you but yourself. Maybe your afraid of change but that's normal in humans.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Who here sometimes feels like a loner? Maybe you're truly alone, with your only social interactions coming from saying hi to your coworkers and the pizza delivery guy. Maybe you have a few friends, but they're not always there for you, and you certainly don't have a sweet lady / wonderful man by your side. Whatever your situation, you feel alone and it may or may not bug you.

I'm sitting here in my room at 10PM on a Saturday night. Some might say not just any Saturday night, but the night of the first day of the new year. There are people out there laughing, living and loving, having a party for the second day in a row. Perhaps 'sampling some goods' from a looker they met at another party. Maybe spending the night in, sharing cheese and fine wine with a significant other. And you know what? This is how the majority of my Saturday nights have been for about five years.
I'm kind of a loner too. Ever since I moved from NoVA to KY I've spent every night in my bed by myself. I'm used to it but am trying to break out of the box.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
If you choose to be a loner then you will be. Do something about it.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:53 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedc View Post
samston, you are by far one of the most unproductive and non-contributing members of this forum. Pretty much everything you post is some misanthropic, 9th grade angsty teenager bull**** and you'd do the world a favor if you just shut the hell up for once. I'd rather read a million threads from tvsg than see more of the drivel you post. Welcome to my ignore list, you're the first :d
+1

Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,197,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The first thing you need to accept is that you are going to have to operate out of your comfort zone. The first think you need to do is put a plan in writing. Believe in yourself, have confidence and be motivated to change. You can achieve anything you put your mind to.

Check out the mp3 downloads here Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill MP3 Audio Book Free. It is meant for people who are wanting to be successful in business, but the process will work for your personal life as well.

20yrsinBranson
you're gonna confuse the poor fella. you've given him two things that he "needs to do first"

Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
HurricaneDC, this is bad news for us (since we're sophomores), but I notice groups form when people are freshmen. When you're entering college, everyone is eager to meet people. Once the groups are established, they're not so eager to meet people anymore.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:35 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Meeting people is tough. I went out after work twice in the past week. Headed to bars for dinner and a few drinks with hopes of meeting some people. Didn't happen. But I must admit my local bar scene isn't for me. It's a college crowd and I'm like an old man. Running out of ideas fast.

Hang in there Hurricane and hope for the best. I'm down and out a lot but still hold hope that the law averages works out and the ball will bounce in my court one day.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:13 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,866 times
sometimes i feel really alone

..... yeah.

and college people you can totally make friends. get out there! talk to ppl in your classes.

you dont need any creative icebreaker

just say Hi I'm BlahBlahBlah and offer your hand.

eazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships