Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Have you ever played a vicious circle of the blame game where everyone decides to blame you for everything when there are circumstances out of your control?

I recently lost one of my jobs, I honestly can't complain about it because I was being used. I was a live in nanny. I bent over backwards for these people,who lied to me from the very beginning and used me and then didn't pay me what I had worked for the last month. They accused me of stealing, when all I did was bought the wrong dog food.

The family had me on their cell phone plan and also had one of my friends on there too. I was taken off after being let go and subsequently my friend was taken off as well, we paid for our phones but had no service.

All I heard yesterday was all about how this was all my fault he was out a phone and that I should have quit a long time ago and that my actions have caused this.

I had to temporarily come back to my mom's, I do not plan on being here long.

All I have heard about is that I am such an inconvenience, that this is all my fault and that I am not wanted, how my stuff is in the way.

I'm sorry but these people welcomed me into their home, treated me like their daughter, were very supportive, I had no idea they were faking it.
I went from being completely financially out on my own and doing well to back home and struggling and having every obstacle thrown at me. I am trying my hardest to get back on my feet and out.

Maybe its just me but I am a compassionate person, if I just watched someone get bent over the way I did and I somehow was affected by it, I wouldn't in the least bit be spiteful or mean. To go from having it all a decent place to live, a car, tons of money, a decent cellphone etc to sleeping on a mattress in your mom's living room, being out a cell phone for two days and not knowing if you can pay your bills that month is very hard.

I guess I am just shocked about how selfish and uncaring some people can be and its all me me me and how inconvenienced they are and how this and how that and I think its pathetic.

I am a nice person, I "save the whales", I bend over backwards to help people and I would never dream of treating someone in a tough situation like crap...

What do you think about people like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I really hate to say this but....welcome to the real world!!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I really hate to say this but....welcome to the real world!!
Yeah I know people can be like that and it drives me nuts.
I'm not like that and to kick some while they are getting bent over by life is low.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 AM

56 posts, read 121,668 times
What did you steal?

Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM

30 posts, read 33,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

The family had me on their cell phone plan and also had one of my friends on there too. I was taken off after being let go and subsequently my friend was taken off as well, we paid for our phones but had no service.
Why was one of your friends on there cell phone plan?

Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Have you ever played a vicious circle of the blame game where everyone decides to blame you for everything when there are circumstances out of your control?

I recently lost one of my jobs, I honestly can't complain about it because I was being used. I was a live in nanny. I bent over backwards for these people,who lied to me from the very beginning and used me and then didn't pay me what I had worked for the last month. They accused me of stealing, when all I did was bought the wrong dog food.

All I heard yesterday was all about how this was all my fault he was out a phone and that I should have quit a long time ago and that my actions have caused this.

All I have heard about is that I am such an inconvenience, that this is all my fault and that I am not wanted, how my stuff is in the way.

I'm sorry but these people welcomed me into their home, treated me like their daughter, were very supportive, I had no idea they were faking it.
I went from being completely financially out on my own and doing well to back home and struggling and having every obstacle thrown at me. I am trying my hardest to get back on my feet and out.

Maybe its just me but I am a compassionate person, if I just watched someone get bent over the way I did and I somehow was affected by it, I wouldn't in the least bit be spiteful or mean. To go from having it all a decent place to live, a car, tons of money, a decent cellphone etc to sleeping on a mattress in your mom's living room, being out a cell phone for two days and not knowing if you can pay your bills that month is very hard.

I guess I am just shocked about how selfish and uncaring some people can be and its all me me me and how inconvenienced they are and how this and how that and I think its pathetic.

I am a nice person, I "save the whales", I bend over backwards to help people and I would never dream of treating someone in a tough situation like crap...

The fact is, you weren't financially on your own though. You lived with a family as their nanny; their employee. They paid your bills, gave you a paycheck and paid for your own cell bill and a friend of yours as well.

I'm sorry that you're having a run of bad luck but the fact is, you should have had a contract that was very specific in this type of situation. You shouldn't have allowed them to provide your cell nor your friends cell. Your friend should have had their own cell but they are angry at you and there isn't much that could have fixed it. I'm sure your friend enjoyed not having a cell phone bill to pay for no matter how long that free ride may have been.

So, start with that friend, remind them they didn't have a cell bill for awhile and to stop crying about it. As for your living situation, get a job, save money and move out or offer rent money to your mom.

To sit and dwell on hard times won't make changes happen any quicker. Take all of that pent up frustration and put it to work. Next time you take on a situation like the Nanny thing, remember this; If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:

WOW...how are you going to pay for your car your grandma bought...
Didnt we all warn you???

Old 01-04-2011, 12:59 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
My sincere sympathies to you; that's totally rough and harsh, what happened to you

And yes, I certainly know what its like, to be the "whipping boy", as well.

Good luck and best wishes to you...I truly hope and pray that things get better for you, soon...

Quote:

Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I think it is human nature to blame and in America it is a way of life...

Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClyde View Post
What did you steal?
Apparently I didn't buy dog food and when I showed them the bag of dog food they said buying the wrong brand was equal to stealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmejohn View Post
Why was one of your friends on there cell phone plan?
Because they offered because he was about to not have a phone and they came across as these giving people and I had to work to pay my phone off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
WOW...how are you going to pay for your car your grandma bought...
Didn't we all warn you???
I'm still pulling in $400 a pay check from BBB, that's $800 a month.
Paying my bills is a non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships