Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:49 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter if anything is going on or not. That's not the issue. I believe men and women can be platonic friends.

The problem, like others have said, is that he does not respect your feelings. If you don't like how he treats you, then you should break things off now. At this point you can tell he won't change for the better.

Find some other cute guy who appreciates your lift tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Devils advocate here, Trust your gut on this one. The only way to deal with this and teach him a lesson is to play along too. Look at your circle of friends and see if there is some guy who you can "pal" around with. Not some guy to string along but a genuine buddy type who has FWB potential. Better yet, start partying with the sisterhood till 7am. There is nothing that make guys more nervous than that.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:26 AM

190 posts, read 413,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Look at your circle of friends and see if there is some guy who you can "pal" around with. Not some guy to string along but a genuine buddy type who has FWB potential.
With all due respect, that is the dumbest piece of advice I've seen yet.

OP: Make a clean break and walk away from the drama. You should trust your gut- and your gut is telling you this is not how you want a relationship to feel.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInHSV View Post
With all due respect, that is the dumbest piece of advice I've seen yet.

OP: Make a clean break and walk away from the drama. You should trust your gut- and your gut is telling you this is not how you want a relationship to feel.
Its not everyone's luxury to go through life tossing away relationships at every sign of trouble. Some times you have to work on them. Heck people deal with the very act of cheating in relationships and some how move on and get past it.

"Its wise to know when a flat tire still has enough tread on it to patch and get you where you need to go."

Last edited by thriftylefty; 01-08-2011 at 08:03 AM..

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
One of my best friends is a guy and we've discussed going to burning man together in the past. My dh wouldn't care, but my buddy's girlfriend would. End of story. It's no great sacrifice to forgo a trip for the sake of a loved one. And the fact that this woman has no sense of sisterhood, because I'm sure she knows how you feel if the two of them are that close, is a red flag. I would walk away from them both.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
If you can't have trust now then your relationship is doomed dear. The fact that he is HONEST about it speaks volumes to me. If he was sneaking around, and lying then i would agree he is being sneaky. But chances are he really is telling the truth here....and nothing is happening. However if you and her bf keep up with the jealous routine one of 2 things will happen....you will both end up single or both of them WILL sleep together because hey...:if you are accusing us then why not?". I wouldn't even date anyone who made a giant issue of these things.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
One of my best friends is a guy and we've discussed going to burning man together in the past. My dh wouldn't care, but my buddy's girlfriend would. End of story. It's no great sacrifice to forgo a trip for the sake of a loved one. And the fact that this woman has no sense of sisterhood, because I'm sure she knows how you feel if the two of them are that close, is a red flag. I would walk away from them both.

Which is dumb really...you should never bend to a mate because they have insecurity issues .

Old 01-08-2011, 09:54 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
If he is really telling you the truth, then it's best to chill out. It doesn't make sense that he would still go on this camping (or whatever it was) just with her. If he really cares about you and how you feel about this, he'll do something about it.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Can someone say DOG !!!, he does not respect your feelings then you are better off without him and he does not sound like he can be trusted to ever respect your feelings . I Hate to say it but you should walk away from this guy and say goodbye . My grandmother used to say "Rejection is God's protection " dont ever forget that . You know there is someone else out there for you and you will be much better off .

Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Devils advocate here, Trust your gut on this one. The only way to deal with this and teach him a lesson is to play along too. Look at your circle of friends and see if there is some guy who you can "pal" around with. Not some guy to string along but a genuine buddy type who has FWB potential. Better yet, start partying with the sisterhood till 7am. There is nothing that make guys more nervous than that.
No no no. Theres no need to play any games or "fight fire with fire" or whatever. This guy may be a "good guy" but it's clear he doesn't take the OP's feeling seriously. The OP,hoping to be objective, is trying to rationalize the situation and find excuses for it. I know this because I'm the same way. You're not being some emotional ninny. Trust those bells going off in your head and your intuition. I'm glad you breaking up with this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships