Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Which is dumb really...you should never bend to a mate because they have insecurity issues .
I should never compromise for a mate because they have insecurity issues? I don't find being giving, compassionate, or sensitive to others to be difficult. And we all have issues in one form or another that our mates have to contend with. The 'me show' is not something that brings personal fulfillment. Granted, it works for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,151,358 times
Until a man is married he is single. There is no in between. Despite the fact that we would like to believe that being a boyfriend or even "in a committed relationship" or being "exclusive" changes that. It does not. Until he is married he is single. Therefore, he has all the rights that a single man has and that includes seeing or being with any person he wishes of the opposite sex.

If his behavior makes you uncomfortable then you have two choices. Marry him or find another boyfriend. Your current station does not give you the right to make any commentary whatsoever upon how he lives his life. Sorry but this is the truth. The fact of the matter is that at any moment in time you are mere seconds away from NOT being his girlfriend. All he has to do is say "See ya" and you are simply a memory.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-08-2011, 10:42 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Until a man is married he is single. There is no in between. Despite the fact that we would like to believe that being a boyfriend or even "in a committed relationship" or being "exclusive" changes that. It does not. Until he is married he is single. Therefore, he has all the rights that a single man has and that includes seeing or being with any person he wishes of the opposite sex.

If his behavior makes you uncomfortable then you have two choices. Marry him or find another boyfriend. Your current station does not give you the right to make any commentary whatsoever upon how he lives his life. Sorry but this is the truth. The fact of the matter is that at any moment in time you are mere seconds away from NOT being his girlfriend. All he has to do is say "See ya" and you are simply a memory.

20yrsinBranson
Are you saying you condone this type of behavior in every relationship other than marriage?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,700,146 times
Quote:
All he has to do is say "See ya" and you are simply a memory.

20yrsinBranson
the only difference between that and a marriage is the legal fees

Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
That's true to a point - but a relationship that is leading up to the committed one can still be a faithful relationship.

Actually it's better if people don't try to be "married" by the second date because it's better for everyone to be certain of their feelings before making a commitment.

The couple has to decide how they want their relationship and relationships with others to be - if one isn't comfortable with the ex-lovers still in the picture - it's up to both to figure out how important those ex-lovers really are. If the ex-lover is still very important to keep around - then it may be best to end the relationship long before it actually becomes a committed one.

In this case it sounds like one wants to move toward a committment, the other still values a particular ex over the newer girlfriend. Of course it's not adultery or anything - but it still shows he's not ready for any kind of committment.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,275,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadrozny View Post
They snowboarded for one day and spent most of their time in the cabin kickin' it.
And lickin' it. And stickin' it.

Come on. No one is this naive.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:32 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,680,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Young women can be.

I was just going to say to the OP that she is not in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with this guy. In her imagination she might be, but not in reality. Most guys, unless they have problems, get erections throughout the night, even if they haven't done anything sexual, which is only a matter of time if it has not already happened.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Agreed. That's the sense I get as well. And these people just don't sound that nice. What kind of people are that inconsiderate?

Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,689,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
No no no. Theres no need to play any games or "fight fire with fire" or whatever. This guy may be a "good guy" but it's clear he doesn't take the OP's feeling seriously. The OP,hoping to be objective, is trying to rationalize the situation and find excuses for it. I know this because I'm the same way. You're not being some emotional ninny. Trust those bells going off in your head and your intuition. I'm glad you breaking up with this guy.
I am little passive agresive because I don't think its "playing games" if she simply plays by his rules.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:36 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,110,476 times
Default My boyfriends boundaries with other women make me uncomfortable, should I chill out?

Quote:

20yrsinBranson
I agree! If you haven't set some ground rules early in the relationship that you both agree to abide by, why try to set them now. Your relationship is only 8 months old, and is long distance. I suspect your boyfriend is very close to telling you goodbye, and he probably will do that very thing if you nag him. If I were you I would watch to see where he goes with this friendship between himself and his former room mate. He may choose you, and he may not. One thing is clear, you don't own him, he's only a boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships