Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

Did you guys not see the part where I said this was a hoax...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:59 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Like Astrology itself isn't a hoax? Might as well mix it up!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:51 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Default No, Your Zodiac Sign Hasn't Changed

At least according to this person:

No, your zodiac sign hasn't changed – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

They say that the "Westerner's" Zodiac is geocentric and based on the seasons and not the universe. Thus, the fact that Ophiuchus moved into the Zodiac doesn't have any bearing on the identification dates of the other signs.

Well, that does not seem entirely true because I've read a number of horoscopes and books on astrology that have told me that I was going to have a good day because some planet was going to align with some other planet, etc.

Any thoughts?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Jesus, I hope not. Everyone has been fretting on this. Probably 20 updates on facebook tonight about distraught sign changes and LOLing at people that got tattoos of their sign.

You are who you are, and some damn star isn't going to change it, or whatever their issue is. A word isn't going to make me go from Passive to Aggressive or vice versa.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Jesus, I hope not. Everyone has been fretting on this. Probably 20 updates on facebook tonight about distraught sign changes and LOLing at people that got tattoos of their sign.

You are who you are, and some damn star isn't going to change it, or whatever their issue is. A word isn't going to make me go from Passive to Aggressive or vice versa.
LOL! I finally signed on to facebook and my whole wall was filled with people freaking out about it. I didn't hear about it so I was wondering what all the fuss was. I heard it only applies to those born after 2009. *shrug*

Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,879 times
I have the classic characteristics of the sign I was born under. I don't care much for trying to see what my future holds, as that is something in me.

What I do believe is pretty accurate to an extent, is the compatibility between certain signs. There are also factors that may lead to either success or failure there too, but it's been spot-on at times.

Even though compatibility determines the future outlook of a relationship, but I find it useful in this sense.

I also believe the Chinese Horoscope compatibility is also as accurate.

I was pretty shocked to find that my western and eastern signs where as if they were the same and both are spot on in describing my personality, character - everything

No 13th sign is going to make me believe I am of the sign it's claiming I am. There's no way.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Just because it's not true doesn't mean I can't keep LOLing at people with lame dbag tattoos...

Old 01-14-2011, 01:21 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
A hoax on a fraud. That's pretty funny.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyccp View Post
The signs have only change for people born after November 2009. That's when the first notice was made of the Earth and stars not being aligned correctly.

How can you go from being a Gemini all of your life to a Taurus. They have completely different characteristics. Your sign is based on the signs when you're born. Not X amount of years later.

I was born June 20th, making me a Gemini but now, from November 2009 on, anyone born up to June 21st is Taurus. Just crazy IMO.

Hope this helps! =)

I agree! I've been a Gemini all my life. I don't want to change to Taurus!
Taurus doesn't fit me whatsoever!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Pretty funny! I am sooooooooo not a Pisces. Since "traditional" astrology has been around for several thousand years, I'll stick with the tried and true version.

20ysinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships