Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 PM

201 posts, read 648,473 times

Advertisements

During a quiet time alone today I posted some things regarding my personal life and very quickly realized, through the post of many online people the direct pain I was causing throughout the lives of people I have affected. For quite some time I viewed my actions and my words as nonchalant and I felt that the idea of me doing whatever I wanted to whoever I wanted was the absolute best way to go in life.

Today I posted a thread regarding women who cheat on their husbands and the men who they cheat with. I have been a part of this life a few times and I truly regret EVER wasting time and engaging in behaviors that I should not have been. Deep down I have been single for several years and am a lonely person. And in a way I was engaging in relationships with married women to fill a gap in my own life. I was looking for acceptance and was hoping taken women would want me. I was wrong to think this way and to act upon my thoughts.

I realized today, with the help of the people in this forum that I shouldnt be wasting my time but instead should be looking forward to the future and should be working towards a healthy, fulfilling relationship of my own. I realize now that my words and actions have the potential to destroy homes and lives of the people within them. I want to thank the people in this forum for their help and for assissting me to see things correctly. Running wild with a self-destructive attitude and causing others pain and discomfort is not the way to live life. I have realized we must strive to be the type of people we want to attract. I personally want to be morality filled and want to have nobility as well. This is life and thank you for reading. I do apologize if I hurt or offended anyone in my earlier post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelBrock77 View Post
During a quiet time alone today I posted some things regarding my personal life and very quickly realized, through the post of many online people the direct pain I was causing throughout the lives of people I have affected. For quite some time I viewed my actions and my words as nonchalant and I felt that the idea of me doing whatever I wanted to whoever I wanted was the absolute best way to go in life.

Today I posted a thread regarding women who cheat on their husbands and the men who they cheat with. I have been a part of this life a few times and I truly regret EVER wasting time and engaging in behaviors that I should not have been. Deep down I have been single for several years and am a lonely person. And in a way I was engaging in relationships with married women to fill a gap in my own life. I was looking for acceptance and was hoping taken women would want me. I was wrong to think this way and to act upon my thoughts.

I realized today, with the help of the people in this forum that I shouldnt be wasting my time but instead should be looking forward to the future and should be working towards a healthy, fulfilling relationship of my own. I realize now that my words and actions have the potential to destroy homes and lives of the people within them. I want to thank the people in this forum for their help and for assissting me to see things correctly. Running wild with a self-destructive attitude and causing others pain and discomfort is not the way to live life. I have realized we must strive to be the type of people we want to attract. I personally want to be morality filled and want to have nobility as well. This is life and thank you for reading. I do apologize if I hurt or offended anyone in my earlier post.

WOW, what a come to Jesus moment LOL

Congrats on turning over a new leaf - I wish you lots of success going forward.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:09 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:

Self-examination is a sign of maturity. When I look back on things I did or said to people in my past sometimes, I cringe inside.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Well-spoken and courageous.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Good for you. We can all try to be more honest with ourselves. I admire your humility.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:11 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,199 times
Congratulations on starting a new and positive chapter in your life.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:15 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
I'm happy to see this thread. Good for you

Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:

Hallmark of self awareness and maturity - the ability to see what we have been doing and change it. Congrats. This is a big thing.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,619 times
Well said.
Nobility of spirit and actions is what a man can do to gain the respect of others. Being venal and base in thought and deed brings nothing. That is not to say you have to be perfect or without problems. It just means you strive to do what is right in the sight of your fellow man.

Good luck and good wishes.
MattB4

Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
Really well said and it is courageous of you to come on here and let us know that our words meant something to you today. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships