Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:40 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
This is retarded.

Why don't you grow up and stop calling people retarded and respond back on why you think they are wrong. Just because I wrote this doesn't mean I can't change my mind if I see someone's point of view. None of my opinions are written in stone.

As far as the lotions and moisturizer that you think is retard. I'm not saying men can't use them. Of course, they should. I'm talking about making their faces so smooth and womanlike using these products. Not using them for their hands, feet or other parts of their body.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:40 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
I never understood why it's considered to be manly just by eating lots of meat, say at some restaurant, as if you're imagining that you hunted or fished the creature yourself.

It's kind of like why I think it's odd that if you didn't play any sports, but you were only into watching sports on TV, there'd be folks that think that it's manly.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, I love boating, fishing and target shooting......but, still help my wife with cleaning our apartment. I also do 90% of the cooking. And since I'm unemployed right now, I vaccum, do the laundry, load/run/unload the dishwasher, dust along with doing my job searching......all while she is at work. Part of my teen life was on a farm where I helped my mom in the house and my dad with livestock/field work. However, back in the old "Disco" days, I wore some pretty flashy clothes to go out in and even used a blow dryer on my hair. Sure glad those days are over! By the way, I'm in my early 60's.

No, I don't believe the OP was meaning about being a house husband. When my husband was alive, he was a house husband and that didn't make him any less a man.

I'm taking the feminine man thing about men tweezing and waxing their brows, frosting their hair, lotioning their faces up, etc.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:43 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
As far as the lotions and moisturizer that you think is retard. I'm not saying men can't use them. Of course, they should. I'm talking about making their faces so smooth and womanlike using these products. Not using them for their hands, feet or other parts of their body.
I can somewhat agree with that but I think that almost falls into the makeup category.

I have eczema and have to use lotion all over my body, including my face, after I shower or I break out in horribly itchy skin rashes all over. Also, depending on climate, it's a very good thing for men to use lotion on their faces unless you want to date someone who's entire face is peeling.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
And what constitutes a 'man'? A rough blue-collar lumberjack who drives an F-150?

I feel like "man" or "real man" are on the same level as "nice guy" and "hook up" in terms of vagueness.

Absolutely not, Hurricane! A man to me is someone that doesn't want to borrow my grooming products for their hair or body and wear clothing that could be for a woman. I'm not talking about their character or personality.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I know that. I meant that, assuming the OP and others mean what you mean, then why do they have a problem with some men liking interior design? That's why I think the OP means something different from what you mean.
It has NOTHING to do with interior decorating to me. My late husband was a house husband and he was a man, a real man. He could cook and clean way better then me and did show me how to do those two things better then anyone else in my life.

I guess I should retract and say that pedicures and manicures are for men too. I don't know what I was thinking when I said that. In my mind's image, I was thinking of a dainty man. But that's not true with men having manicures and pedicures especially if they have jobs and sports that are hard on their hands and feet.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Feather View Post
If it's in a high-pitched voice, I would say feminine. Masculine would be deeper and use different words such as 'Oi !!!' or 'Wha-heyyyyyy'

But what's wrong with either?

Too Funny!!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
So, just out of curiosity, where would I fall into all this?

I've got a "real man" physique - 6'2, size 15 feet, about 200 lbs, built like a tank. I do my own oil changes and brakes and can also reside and paint a house if need be. I play guitar, drink beer from the bottle (I prefer stouts with high alcohol content), am not into wines and don't like these designer cupcakes and crap like that. I was in a bar fight a few months ago where I beat up an overzealous bouncer, and once stabbed a guy who tried to mug me and an ex. I own firearms. I always, unequivocally hold the door for women, children, and the elderly, and just yesterday politely stopped a teenager who was plowing through a line of old women with canes getting onto the bus and told him that he should always let elderly ladies on the bus first. I was raised on military bases by a military dad - this sort of thing is a very big deal to me. I listen to a lot of fast-paced hard rock, metal, hardcore, and of course... classics like Skynyrd and Zep. I played in a hardcore band for some time.

I also use a facial cleanser and moisturizer. As I type this on my Blackberry, I am wearing a custom-tailored black pinstripe Brooks Brothers sport coat over an Ascot Chang button-down with a vintage 50's super-slim tie and a pair of dark red Levi's 511's and a pair of 12-hole Doc Martens. This is a fairly common get-up for me. The car I do all my own work on is an S2000 - a two-door, two-seat convertible. I've been a strict vegetarian for the last 11 years of my life. I tend to an aquarium at home that is bee themed, i.e., it's only filled with fish that look like little aquatic bees (because I think they're wicked cute) as well as an amazon parrot, and can't wait till I move into a place where I can get a cat or dog. I draw, paint, and write... I cook - a lot... I know how to do embroidery, a combination result of my dad teaching me how to sew patches as a kid, and my mom showing me how I could make pretty pictures on cloth with different colored thread. I also listen to Joy Division, Elliott Smith, a bunch of electronic stuff... not quite what you'll hear playing at a truck stop.

So...?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
P.S. Please don't have any children.
I'll sire one for you

Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 AM

142 posts, read 238,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
"Woo-hooo!" sounds like it could be description of a young guy who sounds like he's happy or cheering across the street, if you mean somthing like, "Yooo-hooooo! I'm here!", it could sound feminine, but maybe more like an old fashioned way to call someone nearby.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either, unless you're in a situation where it'd be a racket.
Fair point. When I said "Woo-hoooooo!" in my head it sounded feminine but lost everything when I wrote it down. I imagined a guy in a fluffy jumper, with a picture of a kitten on it, skipping down the street and seeing his friend squeals "Woo-hoooooo! Sweetie! Wait for me darling" or something along those lines.

But agreed, nothing wrong with it at all (unless it's at 3 o'clock in the morning, then it could be annoying)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships