Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's kind of you, but I think my family life and how I was raised played a big part, and that was just luck.
Yes, I think that's true. I misunderstood what you meant by luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangytaste View Post
The depths of female solipsism are honestly at times unfathomable.

Men: do not listen to women for advice on dating. They do not understand their own murky desires and they will lead you down a very long, lonely road. Just be a) narcissistic b) flippant and c) charismatic. That's all you really need.
This just screams insecurity. You will attract some equally insecure women playing that game.

I've seen girls pull that attitude too and the fake confidence was just sad to watch.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:26 PM

28 posts, read 30,574 times
Jefetio, it's a consequence of the female evolutionary preselection function. (This is also the only hypothesis with any explanatory power; the majority of men who've ever lived have not reproduced). Women will say "Oh, not all of us like that" / "That's just party girls" etc. etc. but it's a seamless quality that all women possess. *******-like behavior signals a quality male who'll be capable of protecting her offspring (human beings are not an exception to every other mammal on the planet in this regard). It also has a self-reinforcing aspect; mothers want their sons to have the traits that make men successful with women, so those ******* traits are constantly selected.

Obviously this poses a problem: not all men can be socially dominant or the "most attractive". So in the past we put constraints on women's tempestuous sexuality, giving the majority of men a chance at reproducing. It takes a civilization and a set of moral parents to raise a feral little female into a proper lady who knows better than to follow her 'gina tingles. Most girls today are not of this standard (for the record, I'm 21).

Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Jefetio, it's a consequence of the female evolutionary preselection function. (This is also the only hypothesis with any explanatory power; the majority of men who've ever lived have not reproduced). Women will say "Oh, not all of us like that" / "That's just party girls" etc. etc. but it's a seamless quality that all women possess. *******-like behavior signals a quality male who'll be capable of protecting her offspring (human beings are not an exception to every other mammal on the planet in this regard). It also has a self-reinforcing aspect; mothers want their sons to have the traits that make men successful with women, so those ******* traits are constantly selected.

Obviously this poses a problem: not all men can be socially dominant or the "most attractive". So in the past we put constraints on women's tempestuous sexuality, giving the majority of men a chance at reproducing. It takes a civilization and a set of moral parents to raise a feral little female into a proper lady who knows better than to follow her 'gina tingles. Most girls today are not of this standard (for the record, I'm 21).

And it shows

But the good news is, there is still time for you

Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Eh, whenever I want to scold a 21-year-old I remember I was married at 22. I grew up a lot in my 20s.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Eh, whenever I want to scold a 21-year-old I remember I was married at 22. I grew up a lot in my 20s.
We ALL did That's why I said there's still time for him!

Old 01-24-2011, 05:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times
Quote:

I already know all of that crap. It's readily available to anyone with access to the internet.

Life experience beats anything you'll learn burying yourself online. Once you get some it'll be a lot easier to open your mind and put all that evolutionary BS in perspective.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 PM

I have all the experience I need, thanks.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM

Another quick tip: if a girl's getting on your nerves, just act like the archetypical nice guy. Be the gentlest gentleman who ever gentled his way through life. It's almost funny how fast it sends them running the other way.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I have all the experience I need, thanks.
hmmmm...only a fool would utter such nonsense.

To paraphrase Mark Twain, "When I was a boy my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I became a man I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Seriously trying to help you tangy -

you don't know half of what you think you do, and acknowledging that would go a long way toward helping you become a real man.

LIke I said earlier, there is still time, but you've got to get busy working on it instead of wasting time defending stuff you'll laugh at yourself for in 10 years (if you really grow up in that time)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships