Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM

10,184 posts, read 20,827,801 times

Advertisements

Curious why there is no mention of Ophiuchus...the new zodiac sign. Could it be because now that there is a thirteenth sign it renders all previous personality profiles bogus? So for the last 3,000 years you thought you were once a determined, exciting, and intuitive Scorpio...turns out you were really just an indicisive, gullible, self indulgent Libra. Muahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 AM

19,777 posts, read 20,368,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It's just disappointing because humans are capable of so much better...

Then don't just talk about it, BE about it!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:01 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,431,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Curious why there is no mention of Ophiuchus...the new zodiac sign. Could it be because now that there is a thirteenth sign it renders all previous personality profiles bogus? So for the last 3,000 years you thought you were once a determined, exciting, and intuitive Scorpio...turns out you were really just an indicisive, gullible, self indulgent Libra. Muahahaha!
No. You can find discussion about this non-issue all over the internet. Most astrologers don't find any merit in it.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

896 posts, read 1,860,381 times
I'm agnostic and still a skeptic as well. I dont think religion and astrology are comparable. Astrology is not putting faith in something or a way of life. It's just a tool. Something we implement into our otherwise normal life. And I for one have no idea how I'm wasting my intellectual talents. I spend a vastly superior amount of time engaging in intellectual pursuits as opposed to the metaphysical. Astrologys just like a hobby for me.

Maybe you're wasting other talents you have no idea that you have, besides intellectual?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 AM

Yeah, I'm very much into science as well.

Lots of things interest me, go figure!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
No. You can find discussion about this non-issue all over the internet. Most astrologers don't find any merit in it.
Of course they don't, that mean admitting that they followed a flawed system all these years. You're also giving more merit to an astrologer (someone using centuries old charts to insist that the stars influence our relationships) than to the astronomer (an actual scientist).

Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,696,145 times
Ophiuchus does not fit into the mechanical side of astrology- or the scientific (physical) side of astrology.
What we have is a scientist (which I have nothing against, my father was one) looking at the night sky and seeing a constellation between Scorpio and Sagittarius and then saying astrology is all wrong because of it. Well, this scientist failed to look further into the mechanical-physical construction of astrology to understand that Ophiuchus will never be part of the zodiac.
Case closed.
Learn the workings of astrology- the mechanical part of it, not the intepritational part, before you go about regurgitating something from a internet wildfire.
Ever hear the saying, 'don't believe everything you read'.
Of course you are entitled to believe what ever you want. However coming into this discussion and telling us who have studied that we are 'wrong' is like a kindergardener telling Einstein that his theory of relativity is wrong.

Regarding your comment about astrologers using ancient charts- fail! The charts used by astrologers are based on the information provided by the US Naval Observatory.

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 04-19-2011 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Added info

Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM

31,230 posts, read 22,236,428 times
Astrology=Religion=Tarot cards=science fiction. I'll look into it when I'm ready to start believing in fantasy.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Sorry, but people who believe that astronomy is an accurate compatibility method are typically people who find it easier to blame the "moon in Uranus" on a failed relationship or having none at all, rather than look inside themselves for the answer. That would require too much soul searching and being honest with yourself.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
.. typically people who find it easier to blame the "moon in Uranus" on a failed relationship or having none at all, rather than look inside themselves for the answer. That would require too much soul searching and being honest with yourself.
But... that actually is looking inside yourself & soul searching at the same time.

Denial is simply not an option when it comes to dealing with problem areas. Astrology makes you face up to yourself.

I've found that people who are interested in astrology to be more proactive in understanding themselves (and others) on a deeper level than most people, to be quite honest with you.

Not saying that is always the case, but alot of the people I know (in real life) who are into astrology are very aware, intelligent people, & very much in tune with themselves.

They are also very +positive+ and inspired, and either artistically or musically talented in some shape or form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships