Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:09 PM

24 posts, read 20,138 times

Advertisements

Yeah when I saw him walk into the bar I didn't look at him or say anything and he came up to me and was like "Hey! whats up? sorry I started drinking and then forgot to call" I just shrugged it off and then he said he is going to another bar and I should come. I didn't go and texted him saying sorry cant go maybe another day this week we could hang out? and he said yeah im down.

I'm just sick of trying to figure out what the hell guys are really thinking all the time. So i told him the truth (alcohol will do that to you) I said I felt that the fact that he didn't call made me think I was only a one night thing for him. Long story short, he made a comment about sleeping around a lot lately and i said "I appreciate the honesty. I'm fine with that I just hate games"

He sent me a text today being like "thanks for being cool about it lol...games are gay" Text seemed very immature and wasn't even sure how to take it so I ignored it.

I really don't understand what guys want, I'm about to give up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,650,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey234 View Post
Yeah when I saw him walk into the bar I didn't look at him or say anything and he came up to me and was like "Hey! whats up? sorry I started drinking and then forgot to call" I just shrugged it off and then he said he is going to another bar and I should come. I didn't go and texted him saying sorry cant go maybe another day this week we could hang out? and he said yeah im down.

I'm just sick of trying to figure out what the hell guys are really thinking all the time. So i told him the truth (alcohol will do that to you) I said I felt that the fact that he didn't call made me think I was only a one night thing for him. Long story short, he made a comment about sleeping around a lot lately and i said "I appreciate the honesty. I'm fine with that I just hate games"

He sent me a text today being like "thanks for being cool about it lol...games are gay" Text seemed very immature and wasn't even sure how to take it so I ignored it.

If he is your age that is part of the problem. Older guys most likely wouldn't have done that to a friend's sister. Like I said, none of the guys I hang out with or grew up with would have. That's kinda a unwritten rule and off limits. I think you are right thinking he is blowing you off. He is! Know what he is selling next time and tell him to f_________ fill in the blank.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:20 AM

14,570 posts, read 23,107,195 times
Quote:

You might try dropping the victim attitude for starters.

I know this is going to be a shocker for you, but you weren't played. You and this guy went out drinking and partying and then ended up having sex, so why are you acting so surprised that he's treating you like the booty call you were? Honestly I'm not even sure what your issue is here. You seemed to be plenty aware that this could just be a one night stand from the start.

There is a lesson to be learned here. If you want to form a real relationship with a guy, giving it up on the first night is one of the quickest ways to remove yourself from his dating roster. You don't bang a guy into loving you. That only works on the desperate beta males types who never get laid and end up clinging to the ***** they do get like it's a life raft.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 AM

18 posts, read 12,011 times

Old 02-06-2011, 07:36 AM

He is 26

Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,376,364 times
Honey don't sleep around. He did not play you. Men assume the attitude you assume about yourself. If you sleep around that cries disrespect.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,481,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You might try dropping the victim attitude for starters.

I know this is going to be a shocker for you, but you weren't played. You and this guy went out drinking and partying and then ended up having sex, so why are you acting so surprised that he's treating you like the booty call you were? Honestly I'm not even sure what your issue is here. You seemed to be plenty aware that this could just be a one night stand from the start.

There is a lesson to be learned here. If you want to form a real relationship with a guy, giving it up on the first night is one of the quickest ways to remove yourself from his dating roster. You don't bang a guy into loving you. That only works on the desperate beta males types who never get laid and end up clinging to the ***** they do get like it's a life raft.
^^^Yep, I agree with David. I don't know why women do this and set themselves up. You want to blame the man but you were equally to blame in this game. Learn from this experience and next time don't set yourself up for failure. Have self control when drinking and don't have sex with anyone for the first time. And really I can't believe he would "hit it" with a friend's sister. That's an unwritten rule that you just don't do. But that really shows you what type of person he is. But take some responsibility in what happened and move on.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
^^^Yep, I agree with David. I don't know why women do this and set themselves up. You want to blame the man but you were equally to blame in this game. Learn from this experience and next time don't set yourself up for failure. Have self control when drinking and don't have sex with anyone for the first time. And really I can't believe he would "hit it" with a friend's sister. That's an unwritten rule that you just don't do. But that really shows you what type of person he is. But take some responsibility in what happened and move on.
I think that is what shocked me the most about the whole situation. I felt more comfortable with him BECAUSE he was my brothers friend and my brother seemed to approve of him with me. If it was a random guy at a party I would have totally expected that from him and even wouldn't have slept with him.

So i feel this guy may have even used the sister card to his advantage which is so disturbing to me. Not to mention, I'm sure I will have to run into him again considering he is my brothers friend, I guess guys don't think about that, nor do they care.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,481,977 times
Quote:
I think that is what shocked me the most about the whole situation. I felt more comfortable with him BECAUSE he was my brothers friend and my brother seemed to approve of him with me. If it was a random guy at a party I would have totally expected that from him and even wouldn't have slept with him.

So i feel this guy may have even used the sister card to his advantage which is so disturbing to me. Not to mention, I'm sure I will have to run into him again considering he is my brothers friend, I guess guys don't think about that, nor do they care.
Most guys do care about that you're his friend's sister and it's an unwritten rule but apparently this guy isn't one to have any decency.

I would chalk it up to experience and move on. I wouldn't talk to him and would erase what happened between you two. Act like nothing happened. But I would definitely stay way away from him because really he is a douche. He realized he was in your comfort zone and took advantage of it but still you have to take some responsibility on what happened.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 AM

I know, I am as much to blame as he is. Not to mention my brother was sleeping right outside his bedroom, who knows maybe he did it just because I WAS his friends sister.

My brother told me that night that he has hated every guy I have dated and that I need to pick better guys blah blah.. I guess he may not realize it but his friends are actually worse then the guys I have dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships