Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times

Advertisements

Geeze thanks for the love everyone. I think the items he gave me are cursed because he might not been playing with a full deck when we were dating. I don't know what else was involved regarding him. I don't know if there was blood money going through his hands , or what. The times we fought, it was totally his fault. I already had the suspicion that if I wore the cream or put on the lingerie, that we might fight, but I would stop those thoughts and try to be extra nice. He would manage to get mad at me for very little insignificant things. He was being a jerk. One day he decided to tell me that he had deceived me in some way and that he was having pshycological problems. I asked him what he was talking about ,and all he said was that he was very sorry and wouldn't tell me what it was about. Of course, he probably was referring to cheating on me, but there was something else he wasn't telling me. One night we were at a park all by ourselves and it was dark. Suddenly we heard a woman in distress screaming for help. That night his phone was uncharged, of all nights, but he did have his gun with him. We both wondered if we should confront the assailants and opted for calling the cops instead. But even though the cops came right away after we called from someone else's phone, the woman was never found, only several men.That night he started freaking out and mumbled something about it not being a coincidence. Now I do think he wasn't a bad man himself. Instead he was very much a do-gooder and hung out with cops and such. But maybe he knew something that he didn't want to tell me. Anyways, back to the topic. It might or might not be all in my head, but I never doubted the things he gave me until I noticed a pattern directly connected to these items. I am good at noticing patterns when it involves me in some way. Other people don't notice patterns the way I do.

Sierra, I do believe there is something to the evil eye as well. It might just be an overcharge of negative energy when someone thinks or looks at something with ill will towards it. I tend to believe that some people have very strong minds and can will something into happening, by sheer desire. I know a few people like that. If you believe that land your mom gave you is cursed, you might want to donate it to charity or an institution for poor children. Ultimately it is you who will suffer , and not someone else, if it really is cursed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
...anyways, back to the topic. It might or might not be all in my head, but I never doubted the things he gave me until I noticed a pattern directly connected to these items. I am good at noticing patterns when it involves me in some way. Other people don't notice patterns the way I do.

People tend to see patterns. It is what we do. Unfortunatly we see patterns that do not exist because our minds want a pattern to be there. It comforts us to think we can explain the events that happens to us. Thus the images of religious figures in a toast or shades of light and darkness in paint or windows.

You are seeking to explain things that happen to you so you search for common denominators. Such is where superstition begins. A black cat crosses your path this morning. This afternoon you fall and sprain your ankle. It must be because of the cat. It is not the real reason in reality, but your mind is comforted because it has a explanation for your accident.

I am sorry but the patterns you see are false. Look for more likely ones and you will have a better understanding of the world you live in.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
It seems to me that subconsciously you wanted that relationship to fail. Rather than be truly pleased with his gifts, you found a way to attribute negative aspects to everything he gave to you. You wanted that relationship to fail.

Maybe he was a pushy guy (he was more into you than you into him) that you didn't want to date, but ended up dating anyway since at the time you didn't have someone you liked better to date.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It seems to me that subconsciously you wanted that relationship to fail. Rather than be truly pleased with his gifts, you found a way to attribute negative aspects to everything he gave to you. You wanted that relationship to fail.

Maybe he was a pushy guy (he was more into you than you into him) that you didn't want to date, but ended up dating anyway since at the time you didn't have someone you liked better to date.
I don't disagree with your opinion, only the bolded part. I loved him and he really did have me at hello. There was no way he was my last option. The perfume bottles were the only gift that I disliked. And I'm not the type to date anyone I am not crazy about.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
If you believe that land your mom gave you is cursed, you might want to donate it to charity or an institution for poor children. Ultimately it is you who will suffer , and not someone else, if it really is cursed.
I don't know, but the thought did cross my mind, and I was considering the same solution. However, I can't turn the clock back and I'm already ill and this extra money at least helps me keep up with hospitals' and doctors' bills. I kind of doubt I'd return to my normal state by getting rid of the land... On the other hand, my cousins own the rest of this land and don't have such problems. Could be just a coincidence because I started getting this money right after my divorce. This marriage was in essence long-term stress and long-term stress can really wreak havoc in your immune system.

Yeah, I also think negative energy can cause misfortunes and diseases. It's been the experience of ancient cultures for centuries and many have rituals and various amulets designed to protect people, particularly children.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Yeah, I also think negative energy can cause misfortunes and diseases. It's been the experience of ancient cultures for centuries and many have rituals and various amulets designed to protect people, particularly children.
There is superstition writing on the wall -Stevie Wonder.

Woohoo! My 5 posts are complete. I have broke the Thread curse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39UE5UGXFU0

Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
There is superstition writing on the wall -Stevie Wonder.

Woohoo! My 5 posts are complete. I have broke the Thread curse.
My crystal ball says you're intentionally looking for trouble and you may eventually find it!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:00 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
I don't disagree with your opinion, only the bolded part. I loved him and he really did have me at hello. There was no way he was my last option. The perfume bottles were the only gift that I disliked. And I'm not the type to date anyone I am not crazy about.
I guess that I am much more of an optimist than you are. So that even if there were some bad things associated with certain gifts and objects, I tend to always find the good in them or the gift giver, or just immediately discount any hints of bad luck. Maybe I would just encourage him not to give me any gifts and have a good laugh about everything.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I guess that I am much more of an optimist than you are. So that even if there were some bad things associated with certain gifts and objects, I tend to always find the good in them or the gift giver, or just immediately discount any hints of bad luck. Maybe I would just encourage him not to give me any gifts and have a good laugh about everything.
I did appreciate his gifts and I'm not saying he was wrong in giving them to me. I just feel that somewhere along the way, those gifts seem to bring me bad luck. I don't blame him for the bad luck in any way, of course. Sometimes things happen for different reasons. He might have genuinely felt I deserved those gifts, but for some reason his bad luck became attached to them. Not his fault at all, though. And I think he knew that I never asked him for anything, he just offered them to me. I know some women that demand diamond earrings/bracelets/necklaces for Valentines' Day, and I never did that with him. I was genuinely pleased that he gave me a rose and some inexpensive chocolates. I kept the rose until we split up.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Do you think there is something to the "evil eye"? I think there is.
My mom had an evil eye. You would see it, before some hands on counseling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships