Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM

22 posts, read 33,898 times

Advertisements

I am 32 (turning 33 in March) and I have never had a boyfriend. For whatever reason men are just not interested in me or let alone wish to date me to get to know me better. I have been on several blind dates and the guys were just not interested.

Frankly, I feel like I should have been married with a loving husband and children by this point in my life. I already have a great career, own two houses, independent, clean, well-educated, dresses well so I don't see why men just aren't interested. I am starting to think it is because of my race as to why men do not find me physically attractive or wish to get to know me better. My race has our fair share of ridiculous stereotypes about being lazy and always on welfare but as you can tell I do not fit such stereotypes.

I go to clubs, bars, lounges, parties and still no luck. Not even one guy has offered to dance with me. And when I ask they either laugh or reject my offer politely.

So my question to men is what makes a woman attractive in your eyes? Is it how she talks, dresses, looks, etc? Men only please.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:49 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson13 View Post
I am 32 (turning 33 in March) and I have never had a boyfriend. For whatever reason men are just not interested in me or let alone wish to date me to get to know me better. I have been on several blind dates and the guys were just not interested.

Frankly, I feel like I should have been married with a loving husband and children by this point in my life. I already have a great career, own two houses, independent, clean, well-educated, dresses well so I don't see why men just aren't interested. I am starting to think it is because of my race as to why men do not find me physically attractive or wish to get to know me better. My race has our fair share of ridiculous stereotypes about being lazy and always on welfare but as you can tell I do not fit such stereotypes.

I go to clubs, bars, lounges, parties and still no luck. Not even one guy has offered to dance with me. And when I ask they either laugh or reject my offer politely.

So my question to men is what makes a woman attractive in your eyes? Is it how she talks, dresses, looks, etc? Men only please.
i need to see a pic of you hon. to give you any ideas i'd need to see what you look like.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
We really can't say anything without a pic. Also you said about your race, if it's the race I'm thinking, I am too and I have no problems with men. So that's just an excuse.

But also since you are an independent women and have very nice things, are you sure you're not telling people and they are taking it that you're bragging or being superior?

I really don't know what it is but it sounds like something is off. Do you have friends - guys and girls? Are you too intense in personality? Or do you have a personality?

You'll have to give us more info so that we can help you.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM

22 posts, read 33,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
We really can't say anything without a pic. Also you said about your race, if it's the race I'm thinking, I am too and I have no problems with men. So that's just an excuse.

But also since you are an independent women and have very nice things, are you sure you're not telling people and they are taking it that you're bragging or being superior?

I really don't know what it is but it sounds like something is off. Do you have friends - guys and girls? Are you too intense in personality? Or do you have a personality?

You'll have to give us more info so that we can help you.
I am sorry but I don't know how to put photos on here. And I am a little leery about putting my photo on the Internet for everyone to see.

And no I do not brag about the things I have and worked so hard for. Another reason why I think guys turn me away is because they do not want a woman who is financially "superior" to them, if that makes sense. I have a couple of friends that are mostly female and they are all married w/ kids or currently dating. I always feel like the oddball in the group. I am a bit shy but once a person gets to know me I will open up. I think everyone has a personality, how can a person have no personality? I do not talk down on anyone because I fell that doing that is just downright disrespectful, I treat everyone how I want to be treated even though I do not always get the same treatment in return.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:06 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:

Since I am a never married older guy I have spent much thought on why certain people are not good at attracting partners. Though there are obvious traits that can lead to this, such as poor hygiene and obvious physical looks failure, it does not seem to always be the case. I am left to think that there is a unknown X factor that some people are born with that makes them seem undesirable. Now most of people will not agree and look for obvious things wrong or even go so far as invent issues for why this happens. You will probably see many post their tips on how you need to change to become attractive.

Now being a woman you do have the option of just allowing guys to have sex with you. Many guys will do this just for the sex but they will not form a long term relationship from it. It is a losers game. Though many gals will do this just to have some form of male validation.

However we do not know if you have this X factor or you simply are slow socially. So there may be hope if your problem is based on a personalty quirk or simply failure on your part to pursue the right type of guys. So tell us more about the kind of gal you are. Your likes and dislikes, your basic intelligence level and how you see the world.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Quote:

PM me a full body picture, frontal and side view and I will tell you.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM

499 posts, read 891,949 times
Alyson13, don't put or send your picture. it can make you feel bad =)

Do men refuse you at first sight or after meeting you?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:18 PM

98 posts, read 370,478 times
Well, for one it's pretty obvious you are not looking for the same race a you or that wouldn't be an issue. Are you a large size woman? Unattractive? Do you turn men down because they are "not on your level" do you see men out who you want but they are out of your league, but that's who you want anyway. Were you to career driven in your younger days and missed your window of opportunity? Even the you never had boyfriend do you have children, and does your body look like it?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
I am sorry but I don't know how to put photos on here.
When you reply to a post, scroll down until you see "manage attachments" and do it that way. Or, you could just upload them to Photobucket and link them here.

Quote:
And I am a little leery about putting my photo on the Internet for everyone to see.
Your profile says that any guys wanting to meet you should PM you, but you're worried about posting up a picture?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,085,908 times
What turns one guy on turns another one off. Just in general you are approaching the "wrong" guys, that's not going to help much, but if you are getting no interest where you are looking, you need to look somewhere else. Just mastering the obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships