Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,314,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah but the problem is that they are all leased by broke D-bags living in crappy apartments which is why when I see a BMW I think it's a crack dealer or stripper.
I get mine from yuppies... for many years I was very self conscious about driving ugly BMWs lest I be lumped in with all the other douchey BMW drivers, but now that I've gotten used to the maintenance and we do everything ourselves, we don't really want to change. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 PM

545 posts, read 1,556,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
No no no no no, it does not look like that whatsoever and is not just any M3... It looks like this (old school E30) and is made for racing, best handling ever... all for 24k in top condition:
E30:
(2.3 L-16v I4) - 195 PS (143 kW; 192 hp) − 0-62 mph: 6.9 s. Top Speed: 146 mph (235 km/h)
(2.3 L-16v I4) - 215 PS (158 kW; 212 hp) − 0-62 mph: 6.7 s. Top Speed: 149 mph (240 km/h)
(2.5 L-16v I4) - 238 PS (175 kW; 235 hp) − 0-60 mph: 6.1 s. Top Speed: 154 mph (248 km/h)

E90:
0-60 3.9 sec. (2011 E90/E92 w/ M-DCT trans)[26]
1/4 mile: 12.4 sec. @ 114 mph. (2011 E90/E92 w/ M-DCT Trans)[26]
0-60 5.1 sec. (2009 E93 Convertible w/ M-DCT trans)
1/4 mile: 13.1 @ 109 mph. (2009 E93 Convertible w/ M-DCT Trans)

This is the newer version cars for racing:

I have good memories of this car:

I'm going for this car after graduation and getting a real job:
http://www.toyota.com/img/vehicles/2011/avalon/gallery/full/ext9.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,645,101 times
1. Douchebag
2. Not at all
3. Not at all; an unattractive douchebag

Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,988 times
Quote:
No no no no no, it does not look like that whatsoever and is not just any M3... It looks like this (old school E30) and is made for racing, best handling ever... all for 24k in top condition:
Yep, I really can't see myself in that one but good for you!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 PM

627 posts, read 1,296,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSB13 View Post
Some of the stuff you comment is so unreal. Like if this is how you live your life you should die as a Saint. I don't believe most the comments you make, because they all come across as that guy who looks down on all the norms of society, but doesn't really live by that motto.
And I just thought I was being frugal and doing something nice for someone who may have greater needs than I.

I'm not a rich person - heck, I have no money! But if I was wealthy, it would not last long because I would give it away. The things I do for people, I do because I know what it is to not have anyone to help you through the tribulations we endure. My experiences taught me how to discern - how to recognize those who need from those who take indiscriminately. I offer myself to anyone who needs me.

If you knew me, you would do anything for me that I asked, because you would know how far I would go to help someone.

The response I made that caused you to follow my posts was in reference to you insinuating that only a gay man would not like a woman texting, or should I say "sexting" him.

How shallow.

Men like myself want more than aesthetic stimulation. Yeah, women are beautiful and I enjoy their presence, their form - but give me a nerd any day!

A Saint? Me? Maybe! Peter was a Saint and he cut off a man's ear and even denied Christ 3 times! Thomas, the Saint doubted that Jesus was the Christ. The other Saints were constantly bickering among each other.

So is it a bad thing to you for me to aspire to be a Saint?

Nobody is righteous, not even the Saints were.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:34 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
NO. They're not.
Ummm.. No, YOU are not.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,200,380 times
Quote:
Do you automatically think he might be a douchebag or poser?
Does it attract you to him?
Or does it it not change your perception?
no - have no immediate opinion other then.. *shrug*
no - nope, not the cars you listed - mostly the opposite - they are generally owned for "status" or "peacock effect"
No

What you listed are not "sportscars" IMO... just hype for young men who have low self esteem in the "bad boy" area or the "my xyz is bigger then yours"...

i'm old school muscle car... now those were CARS!! vroom vroom.. Its a magnet for me - and - men (and women) who own these types of cars own them for the sheer love and pleasure of the car.

But - to each their own ..

Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol so basically people who make assumptions based on their own experiences are "douchey" except for yourself. When you do it, it's ok.
What assumption did I make?
I expected this comment from anyone who didn't read my comment carefully.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times
Quote:
Women, when you see a guy driving an expensive sports car, what is your reaction?
It depends on the car. I'm not a fan of luxury cars. But I am a fan of the show Top Gear. In order for me to like the guy with the expensive sports car, and not think him a poseur or a douche, the car needs to be a stick shift, and he needs to be a great driver that uses that car for some sort of motorsports activity like autocross or a track day. But not trips to the drag strip.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:17 AM

97 posts, read 161,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
And I just thought I was being frugal and doing something nice for someone who may have greater needs than I.

I'm not a rich person - heck, I have no money! But if I was wealthy, it would not last long because I would give it away. The things I do for people, I do because I know what it is to not have anyone to help you through the tribulations we endure. My experiences taught me how to discern - how to recognize those who need from those who take indiscriminately. I offer myself to anyone who needs me.

If you knew me, you would do anything for me that I asked, because you would know how far I would go to help someone.

The response I made that caused you to follow my posts was in reference to you insinuating that only a gay man would not like a woman texting, or should I say "sexting" him.

How shallow.

Men like myself want more than aesthetic stimulation. Yeah, women are beautiful and I enjoy their presence, their form - but give me a nerd any day!

A Saint? Me? Maybe! Peter was a Saint and he cut off a man's ear and even denied Christ 3 times! Thomas, the Saint doubted that Jesus was the Christ. The other Saints were constantly bickering among each other.

So is it a bad thing to you for me to aspire to be a Saint?

Nobody is righteous, not even the Saints were.

I appreciate the respond and I think just a couple of your comments have rubbed me the wrong way. I fully understand what you are saying about wanting more from a woman than just sex appeal. Trust me I have dated the "bimbos" it never last long, but I am comfortable enough to say that an occasional flirty text from a lady friend does turn me on. I think it does for most men.

I just read the car comment as one of those unreal comments that people make in forums, because it is the internet and you can say anything. So hopefully no hard feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships