Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times

Advertisements

midlife crisis.... or possibly compensating for something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 06:35 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I'm slightly ashamed of myself. I know this is an incorrect generalization. My first thought......

He has ED.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I'm slightly ashamed of myself. I know this is an incorrect generalization. My first thought......

He has ED.
What's ED? Educational disorder?

4,237 posts, read 24,780,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
no no no...guys who drive big lifted trucks are over compensating for a small P...unfortunately I know this from experience..lol
So does this also mean when you see a black dude running around with a lifted Cadillac/Caprice with 26 inch rims, he must also be tiny? I mean you know what they say about black dudes having big dicks...

Really though...I don't drive a big lifted truck though I wouldn't mind owning one...but it doesn't have to do with trying to compensate for anything except when I want to be able to get thru the piles of snow we get w/o getting stuck and/or having to wait for the plow truck hoping he also doesn't get stuck too. Then again I'm of a much higher class than the inbred hillbillies you're probably referring to.

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If your listen to this forum too much, you won't go too far in any area!
Exactly. Wait for the thread where the OP mentions a guys older car asking if guys with older cars may be underachievers and if its a red flag...

And BTW, I drive a Japanese car. But I also have a rusty old pickup and the contrast may cause confusion and turn into a dealbreaker. Might even be creepy.

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Do you automatically think he might be a douchebag or poser?
Does it attract you to him?
Or does it it not change your perception?

My friends in college always felt like guys who drive expensive sports cars do it to compensate for a small appendage below the waist. When we see our coworkers driving Porsche and BMW sports cars, we tend to laugh at them a bit because there is a sense that they are doing it to increase their chances of getting chicks (rather than for the pure joy of driving)... and that he probably knows nothing about working on cars.

But if some guy has a nice classic collector racing car or a motorcycle, that is somehow viewed as much less douchey.
I don't think much about it one way or the other, although I will definitely admire some sports cars. I do judge the guy on what kind of driver he is. If he's driving a Lambo and speeding a little, well, okay, but if he's swerving and weaving ... jackhole.

If people want to buy themselves nice things, okay. I don't think I could ever be so extravagant as to buy an expensive sports car or even rent one, but I'd sure love to ride in one!

Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
So does this also mean when you see a black dude running around with a lifted Cadillac/Caprice with 26 inch rims, he must also be tiny? I mean you know what they say about black dudes having big dicks...

Really though...a stupid statement....FWIW I don't drive a big lifted truck though I wouldn't mind owning one...but it doesn't have to do with trying to compensate for anything except when I want to be able to get thru the piles of snow we get w/o having to wait for the plow truck. Yeah I'm a good size but I'd still drive a lifted truck.
First of all, this is not a race thread so with all due respect please don't turn it into one, thanks.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times

Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I have 2 big lifted trucks. What am I compensating for? I can assure you it's certainly not for lack of height or boob size.
Cause yours are not big enough?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,780,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
First of all, this is not a race thread so with all due respect please don't turn it into one, thanks.
Wasn't trying to turn it into a race thread, just the poster I was replying to made it sound like if you drive a lifted vehicle, you must be a tiny man down below, and I thought that was just total ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships