Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 09:06 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. It will be a cold day in hell before go around casting my eyes downward like a freaking geisha to as not to wound some fragile male ego. It's not my JOB to deflect attention because it makes you feel better, sorry. Get a clue. If I'm with you, it's because I WANT TO BE.

Fortunately, my boyfriend is a secure, mature, emotionally stable adult who wouldn't go APESH*T on me for making eye contact with somebody.

Yea, well he is a doormat if you are flirting with guys in front of him.

OP:

You can beat up about 15 guys before you figure out you are in a relationship with someone who disrespects you. Get it settle from the outset. You sound young, your GF is no doubt young. Straighten her out. You are doing her a favor. when she grows up she will understand that respectable women do not crap on their male partners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 09:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Well, I didn't put the blame on you because some dumb f*** can't take a hint!
What was the hint?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It's a compliment when guys hit on your woman but remember the song...

If you want to be happy all of ya life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Yea, well he is a doormat if you are flirting with guys in front of him.
Maybe...if I WERE flirting with guys in front of him. Which I'm not doing, simply by virtue of having the gall not to avert my eyes if a guy not-my-boyfriend looks at me. For God's sake, wouldn't you be PROUD if a guy were looking at your girlfriend? You'd think it'd be an ego boost.

Being flirted WITH is not flirting. Neither is being talked to, being smiled at, or being looked at.

At what point did we learn that the OP's girlfriend was flirting? I missed it. As well as some sort of mention of what that flirting that she was doing WAS, exactly...

Old 02-12-2011, 09:12 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:
Women can easily control this stuff. All they need to do is not make eye contact or change the subject or hit the ladies room or introduce him to someone else. It is completely within their control. They know it and they act like: "gee? Do you think he was hitting on me?"

BS.
They sure can. I know all of us guys in this thread can see clear as day what the intentions of this character was and is. You have to dumber than a box of rocks not to. He's trying to get her number. That's just one thing. He is also trying to get her facebook or email behind his back (without him knowing) if I recall as well. A+B+C+D+E+F....... what's it spell? TROUBLE!

Old 02-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
You can beat up about 15 guys before you figure out you are in a relationship with someone who disrespects you. Get it settle from the outset. You sound young, your GF is no doubt young. Straighten her out. You are doing her a favor. when she grows up she will understand that respectable women do not crap on their male partners.
Totally...beat up 14 guys, and it's probably not your girlfriend who is the problem, no worries. But that 15th? She totally disrepects you, or 15 guys would NOT have talked to her. For real.

Seriously...where did she "crap on him," from anything he posted? Cut and paste, please. I missed this evidence, apparently.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Maybe...if I WERE flirting with guys in front of him. Which I'm not doing, simply by virtue of having the gall not to avert my eyes if a guy not-my-boyfriend looks at me. For God's sake, wouldn't you be PROUD if a guy were looking at your girlfriend? You'd think it'd be an ego boost.

Being flirted WITH is not flirting. Neither is being talked to, being smiled at, or being looked at.

At what point did we learn that the OP's girlfriend was flirting? I missed it. As well as some sort of mention of what that flirting that she was doing WAS, exactly...
If she gave the guy digits, for me, that would be it. And, I think she did. She's young and so maybe cut her some slack. But he needs to straighten her out.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
But he needs to straighten her out.
Got a problem with women not being subservient, then?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times
I haven't read every single post on here, but it seems most people have missed a vital clue: that the brother and his friend don't know that the OP and the girl are in a relationship. Therefore, we can't blame the guy for hitting on the girl - as far as he's concerned she's fair game, and perhaps even was being encouraged to hit on her by the brother.

Without having been a fly on the wall during the evening, it is quite possible that the girl wasn't sure how to handle the situation - after all, she couldn't mention she was with the OP because the brother doesn't know about the relationship.

Now if the guy who's flirting with the girl continues to behave like that after he knows she's with the OP, then we can blame him. And if the girl doesn't rebuff someone flirting with her when she's free to say she's with the OP, then we can blame her.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
They sure can. I know all of us guys in this thread can see clear as day what the intentions of this character was and is. You have to dumber than a box of rocks not to. He's trying to get her number. That's just one thing. He is also trying to get her facebook or email behind his back (without him knowing) if I recall as well. A+B+C+D+E+F....... what's it spell? TROUBLE!
This is a game they play. Of course they like to be hit on. And, a lot of guys just buy into the whole "I'm just lucky to have her" deal. Because, at that age they control guys with sex for the most part. Its understandable but not ok for a good relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships