Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:31 PM

8 posts, read 10,208 times

Advertisements

I had been wanting to move out of my apartment with my gf for awhile now. Whwn I tried to bring up to her I broke out in tears and then she broke out crying

We talked for about 3 hrs and we agreed to stay together. But I feel like I only did it because I don't want to hurt her or break her heart, because just the thought of that breaks my heart just as much. Even though I want to be alone for awhile I agreed to stay together so she'll be happy. I love her so much but I want to be alone for awhile. Did I do the right thing by staying with her so she'll be happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,815,459 times
Nope. Sounds like you'll still end up leaving eventually. She'll just be hurt later anyway. Better to get it over with.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,197,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas $ex Addict View Post
I had been wanting to move out of my apartment with my gf for awhile now. Whwn I tried to bring up to her I broke out in tears and then she broke out crying

We talked for about 3 hrs and we agreed to stay together. But I feel like I only did it because I don't want to hurt her or break her heart, because just the thought of that breaks my heart just as much. Even though I want to be alone for awhile I agreed to stay together so she'll be happy. I love her so much but I want to be alone for awhile. Did I do the right thing by staying with her so she'll be happy?
leave

Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,094,231 times
Quote:

why do you want to be alone? if you love her so much
alone for awhile for how long? why?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,197,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
why do you want to be alone? if you love her so much
alone for awhile for how long? why?
may i suggest he wants to see what (women) else is out there? sow some oats, ya know, have some fun. not saying it's right, just guessing.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times
Quote:

Nope.

To thine ownself be true.

You know what you want, and it's not her.

As much as that will hurt her you owe her the truth and to quit postponing the inevitable.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,374,467 times
No and she did not do it either. If you want to move, yOu need to be honest with each other. Tell her the truth. Both of you deserve that

Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM

513 posts, read 897,846 times
actually what you did was guarantee that when you do split up it will be a bigger blow up and more hurtful to both of you.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Why do you want to be alone for awhile??

Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,477,606 times
I remember that both you and your gf had trouble picking a new apt. She wanted one and you would be happy living in another. Is this the reason why you want to be alone? Or is it because even though you love her, she's not the one?

Either way, since you want to be alone, you need to let her know that you need to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships