Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,049 times

Advertisements

Need some advise please.. I met this guy [mod][/mod] and was very impressed with the first conversation. He seems to be very genuine and gentle and invited me to lunch with him at his New York apartment. I am bit nervous and afraid to go to his apartment, and suggested to meet in a restaurant instead. But he is gently stubborn and asked me to try his delicious cooking. He sounds very gentle and handsome. Please advise, if there is any potential danger…

Ann Troop

Last edited by JustJulia; 02-23-2011 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Removed advertising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,204,067 times
Listen to your intuition. Don't go. Any guy who tries to convince you to go from feeling safe to unsafe, walk away.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,910,897 times
Yes. There is absolutely no reason for him to pressure you to go to his apartment for lunch unless he's got an ulterior motive. Be as "gently stubborn" or more and meet him at a restaurant. You don't know him from a hole in the wall. And even if he does appear as charming and handsome as he seems to be online, don't go to his apartment after that restaurant lunch. Proceed with caution!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:18 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,532,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnTroop View Post
Dear All,

Need some advise please.. I met this guy and was very impressed with the first conversation. He seems to be very genuine and gentle and invited me to lunch with him at his New York apartment. I am bit nervous and afraid to go to his apartment, and suggested to meet in a restaurant instead. But he is gently stubborn and asked me to try his delicious cooking. He sounds very gentle and handsome. Please advise, if there is any potential danger…

Ann Troop
Would you advise your daughter to go to his apartment for a first meeting? If not, why would you go?

Last edited by JustJulia; 02-23-2011 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Removed advertising.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 AM

5,076 posts, read 14,674,534 times
First off, you never, ever go to someones home the first time you meet them... I'm a fan of waiting a few dates before going but that's just me. Second off, no one can "sound handsome". Have you seen a pic? Ted Bundy was a good looking guy too and charming but he killed umpteen women LOL
Be smart, don't get suckered in by charm. If he's insisting you come to his place then I would see that as a red flag...

Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,596,914 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My thoughts exactly. And I was even searching Ted Bundy before responding. I'd be extremely cautious of him being "gently stubborn" about you going to his apartment.

A man should respect any womens wishes during the initial dating, as to not put pressure on her to do anything where she is not comfortable.

Proceed with caution.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:40 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,330,730 times
Uhhhh.....

Never meet a stranger at their home. Period.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,577,451 times
Quote:
Dear All,

Need some advise please.. I met this guy and was very impressed with the first conversation. He seems to be very genuine and gentle and invited me to lunch with him at his New York apartment. I am bit nervous and afraid to go to his apartment, and suggested to meet in a restaurant instead. But he is gently stubborn and asked me to try his delicious cooking. He sounds very gentle and handsome. Please advise, if there is any potential danger…

Ann Troop
You might be very young. Don't make the biggest mistake many young women do and ended up raped and/or murdered of not trusting your intuition. Don't go to a stranger's home or car. Gosh! Why isn't a lot of parents teaching stuff like this to their daughters these days?

Last edited by JustJulia; 02-23-2011 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Removed advertising.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,997,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
First off, you never, ever go to someones home the first time you meet them... I'm a fan of waiting a few dates before going but that's just me. Second off, no one can "sound handsome". Have you seen a pic? Ted Bundy was a good looking guy too and charming but he killed umpteen women LOL
Be smart, don't get suckered in by charm. If he's insisting you come to his place then I would see that as a red flag...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My thoughts exactly. And I was even searching Ted Bundy before responding. I'd be extremely cautious of him being "gently stubborn" about you going to his apartment.

A man should respect any womens wishes during the initial dating, as to not put pressure on her to do anything where she is not comfortable.

Proceed with caution.
Wow! As I was reading the OP's initial post the first thing that popped into my head was "Ted Bundy". Kind of scary that several of us were thinking the same thing.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,350,592 times
Quote:

Ann Troop
If we were in the 90s... well it isn't the 90s we know better. Come on there's a clear answer here... public place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships