Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times

Advertisements

This answer is given after oNLY reading the question title:

Yes.

That's always the answer. What you need to figure out is how long you let it develop until you give in. And if it doesn't develop into anything, i.e. if he's outta there when he realizes he's not getting any right away, then you've lost nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I met this guy at his job a few years ago and we became friendly and started talking. I would see him all the time because of his job. Let's just say we work in the same place, but we don't work together at all. So we would always see each other, hang out together on breaks and all that. The thing is I would always see him talking/flirting with other girls too, so I would think he was a player. I guess I was flattered that a player would want me, but I don't really want to get involved with one. Anyway, we exchanged phone #'s and he has asked me out, but the scenarios almost always involve sex. He insists that he respects me and doesn't just want sex, but I am pretty much thinking that he's a player and I'm trying to not get involved with him. We have not gone out at all yet. I told him that I really wanted him, but I'm not the type that hooks up w/ people random. He says he's only talking about sex with me because we have known each other a few years, but I don't really know him outside of work. And I'm starting to suspect he may be married also. In the years I've known him, he hasn't mentioned a wife and neither have the people that work w/ him that have seen us talking.
I think you should relax. It does sound like he wants SEX but that doesn't mean you could not go out with him. Just don't have sex. If he drops you, well, then you know he was never sincere but it's no loss on your part. A friendly night out on the town couldn't hurt.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I met this guy at his job a few years ago and we became friendly and started talking. I would see him all the time because of his job. Let's just say we work in the same place, but we don't work together at all. So we would always see each other, hang out together on breaks and all that. The thing is I would always see him talking/flirting with other girls too, so I would think he was a player. I guess I was flattered that a player would want me, but I don't really want to get involved with one. Anyway, we exchanged phone #'s and he has asked me out, but the scenarios almost always involve sex. He insists that he respects me and doesn't just want sex, but I am pretty much thinking that he's a player and I'm trying to not get involved with him. We have not gone out at all yet. I told him that I really wanted him, but I'm not the type that hooks up w/ people random. He says he's only talking about sex with me because we have known each other a few years, but I don't really know him outside of work. And I'm starting to suspect he may be married also. In the years I've known him, he hasn't mentioned a wife and neither have the people that work w/ him that have seen us talking.
You must be extremely naive or plain ole nuts to dare venture an affair with. . .A FREEKIN' CO-WORKER! Ever thought about what your life will be like when the "affair" comes to an end? Can you imagine what it will be like to bump into this person often, making eye-contact, or worse, hearing about your "affair" from the mouths of other co-workers? Come on girl, get a grip! Slap yourself around a bit and come to your senses!

Now, this is the part where other posters will hurl their shoes at me: if you want to have a fling or an affair, do so with someone whom you will not have to interact or cross paths with regularly.

OK. . .you can all now hurl your shoes!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
yes, he just wants to sleep with you. That's really what most guys have in mind when they are with a woman or girl - sleep/snoring.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I didn't even read your post.

Yes.

Absolutely.

Men do not want female "friends".

Old 03-01-2011, 01:38 PM

550 posts, read 984,737 times
Well I didn't call him for 2 weeks just to see what would happen, but I passed him the other day at work and we both said hi. Anyway, he called me later but I was working and couldn't answer the phone. What did I do? I tried to call him, but I didn't want my boss to see that I was on the phone so I hung up. Later after work tried to call him again and left a message. This was a few days ago. He didn't call back, so last night I left him a friendly message on his voice mail to call me back and he hasn't yet. I'm starting to feel so stupid and wondering why I would want this guy when all he wants is one thing. Maybe I have forbidden lust syndrome? Or perhaps he realized that one thing he wants is not what I'm going to give him?

Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Default What A Man Wants...

Sorry I haven't read every post...just the OP's originating one and a few in between but has anyone mentioned a man's "two S's?"

Sex and a sandwich. So sex is likely on any man's list so-to-speak...

Old 03-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I didn't even read your post.

Yes.

Absolutely.

Men do not want female "friends".
I posted pretty much the same thing with the man's "sex and a sandwich" criteria...

Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
You must be extremely naive or plain ole nuts to dare venture an affair with. . .A FREEKIN' CO-WORKER! Ever thought about what your life will be like when the "affair" comes to an end? Can you imagine what it will be like to bump into this person often, making eye-contact, or worse, hearing about your "affair" from the mouths of other co-workers? Come on girl, get a grip! Slap yourself around a bit and come to your senses!

Now, this is the part where other posters will hurl their shoes at me: if you want to have a fling or an affair, do so with someone whom you will not have to interact or cross paths with regularly.

OK. . .you can all now hurl your shoes!
Makes perfect sense chacho...and I am a card carrying certified Sex and a Sandwich kind of guy...

Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjny View Post
I thought smalltown girls saved it for marriage
Wait...I thought only the good die young...or is that uptown girls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships