Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

I could, honestly. It's not my favorite item on the menu.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:25 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
could you be in a relationship with someone that wouldn't take part in oral sex
Yes, I could. Lack of oral alone would not stop me from continuing a relationship from the early stages. Unfortunately I know from experience. Maybe it should, but if the other qualities are there, I'd stay.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 PM

174 posts, read 240,006 times
If you are not into oral you should definately find a partner that is not into it either. Put it on your list of partner requirements cause 15 years down the road you are going to want as much variety as you can get.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
I don't think so... But how will you find out?

I don't want to ask a woman to do that, I don't have the balls(figurativley speaking) to check that she's ok with that. But really though, I just want to be a gentleman, thats really my ambition. And a gentleman doesn't ask a woman to go down on him, atleast not until marriage or something like that.

But at the same time, the women who do it... do it as a favor, they don't get any enjoyment from it so they have no reason to do it unless I would ask them to(and even then why would they lol).
Au contraire mon ami. I give my dudes oral because *I* enjoy it--there is so much delight and power in pleasuring someone so intensely. Isn't that why you enjoy going down on your girl?

Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM

251 posts, read 641,421 times
I want it plain and simple. My current girlfriend, who looks to be who I'll end up marrying, said it's not really her thing and hinted she wouldn't. She and I dated for 3 years a few years ago and she would always "tease" me with it. She'd just never finish.

Now that we're back together, she's received and I haven't yet. She says good things come to those who wait and says the more I ask for it, the more I won't get it. I don't really think she WOULDN'T do it, and that she eventually will. But, with that said, this is a huge deal for me since she loves getting hers.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
No.

My friends and I have had this conversation before too.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
I want it plain and simple. My current girlfriend, who looks to be who I'll end up marrying, said it's not really her thing and hinted she wouldn't. She and I dated for 3 years a few years ago and she would always "tease" me with it. She'd just never finish.

Now that we're back together, she's received and I haven't yet. She says good things come to those who wait and says the more I ask for it, the more I won't get it. I don't really think she WOULDN'T do it, and that she eventually will. But, with that said, this is a huge deal for me since she loves getting hers.
I think the fact that she is holding this over your head, rather than freely and joyfully indulging you in what she knows you will enjoy, is not a good harbinger for a successful marital sex life. Sorry.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM

251 posts, read 641,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think the fact that she is holding this over your head, rather than freely and joyfully indulging you in what she knows you will enjoy, is not a good harbinger for a successful marital sex life. Sorry.
I think about this all the time. Everything else in the relationship is good. I have always thought it would be ridiculous for when my family and hers and friends ask why we broke up, it was because she wouldn't go down on me

Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM

174 posts, read 240,006 times
Quote:

Dude, she's using it as a way to control you...She likes to recieve but doesnt feel the same way towards you...not cool! Its not about the act its about having someone who is so into you she will do anything to excite and please you (pain not included).

Quote:
I think about this all the time. Everything else in the relationship is good. I have always thought it would be ridiculous for when my family and hers and friends ask why we broke up, it was because she wouldn't go down on me
It's not about the oral, its about her pleasing her man. I was in the same position as you. Got married to a woman who enjoyed oral, but just as a side line. Now umpteen years later have sex once every three weeks...no real complaint since shes a very nice person, but if sex was more important too me than bringing up the family I would have found someone who was more compatible or was at least into pleasing her man.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
this is one of those important things i discuss on the first date. if she doesnt do oral i thank her for her time and walk out
hahaha awesome.

I knew a guy who was with a girl for 7 years and she only did it on his birthday. If I was him I'd be like "I know you hate it so just forget it." Actually if I was him I would have dumped her long ago..she was pretty selfish in most other ways too so..not that shocking she wouldn't give it up or take pleasure in giving someone else pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships