Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 08:52 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
The right gal WE will tell ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to. Are YOU that gal? Some wouldn't stifle it long enough to find out.
I've always been that kind of girl. But I'm typically like that with men and women, I've worked customer service jobs since I was 18 years old and I have had people tell me their life stories lol. I have had some interesting calls, the ones I remember most happen to be with males. I had one guy who was around my age who had a kid around my age and was having problems with his girlfriend. He had just called in to pay his bill but I ended up on the call with him for over an hour (his phone actually died which ended the call). I also spent about an hour on a call with a male psychologist which was a blast. (It was a sales and customer service job and they rated your performance based on how much you sold per call, so if you got a few high sale calls and then kept customers on the phone for awhile you had a really high per call rate.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I've always been that kind of girl. But I'm typically like that with men and women, I've worked customer service jobs since I was 18 years old and I have had people tell me their life stories lol. I have had some interesting calls, the ones I remember most happen to be with males. I had one guy who was around my age who had a kid around my age and was having problems with his girlfriend. He had just called in to pay his bill but I ended up on the call with him for over an hour (his phone actually died which ended the call). I also spent about an hour on a call with a male psychologist which was a blast. (It was a sales and customer service job and they rated your performance based on how much you sold per call, so if you got a few high sale calls and then kept customers on the phone for awhile you had a really high per call rate.)
A EXCELLENT listener is just what the doctor ordered for many men. Turning the blind eye, or even WORSE, ridiculing the man before YOU know WHY is a sure bet to get passed along. It's easy to find your way into a man's pants. Can you find your way into his heart and mind?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
I totally am that open with my husband. And he's that open with me. It makes things more interesting. lol
Well, I thought we were talking about "catching a man" , meanig early stages, when you just get to know someone, and that wouldn't include conversations between husbands and wives.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:58 PM

81 posts, read 197,367 times
Quote:
A EXCELLENT listener is just what the doctor ordered for many men. Turning the blind eye, or even WORSE, ridiculing the man before YOU know WHY is a sure bet to get passed along. It's easy to find your way into a man's pants. Can you find your way into his heart and mind?

I knew this guy at work that use to go to prostitutes not for anything sexual..but just because he found them to be very receptive and great listeners! I thought Jerry was pulling my leg, but he told another coworker of ours who he was close with the same thing!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, I thought we were talking about "catching a man" , meanig early stages, when you just get to know someone, and that wouldn't include conversations between husbands and wives.
Lol true, but I've always been an open book. I'm not one of those girls who refuses to fart around a guy until they've been out a few times or even married. I'm also the kind of girl that if you ask me how I'm doing, I'm going to tell you. Most of the time I'm doing good, but if I'm not having a good day I have no problem letting people know.

Of course, I'll monitor myself at work, but even when I first met my husband we were pretty open with each other. It's probably why we ended up married so quickly.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
We are talking about just meeting someone. A gal who gains trust at that level early on will go far. "We" can tell who doesn't really give a rip from about day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
I knew this guy at work that use to go to prostitutes not for anything sexual..but just because he found them to be very receptive and great listeners! I thought Jerry was pulling my leg, but he told another coworker of ours who he was close with the same thing!
That's BS. They tell me to F-OFF when I tell them to get off my van, I'm working! LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Listening is the easy part, watching your temper when someone tells you something upsetting is the hard part.

I think patience is more of a key than listening. Anyone can listen, but it seems like today with so much being accessible to people instantly or quickly we no longer have a lot of patience.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Listening is the easy part, watching your temper when someone tells you something upsetting is the hard part.

I think patience is more of a key than listening. Anyone can listen, but it seems like today with so much being accessible to people instantly or quickly we no longer have a lot of patience.
A fisherman and a mechanical guy does!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
A fisherman and a mechanical guy does!
Lol, my husband is both. In fact he's in the other room right now rebuilding a gun. He's always tinkering with stuff. He left me to watch a movie while he "quickly" puts this gun back together. If I didn't say anything to him he'd probably in there for the next 2 hours. I'd walk in and the gun would be put together and he'd be reloading ammo.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:22 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
For me, a deal breaker is when a woman talks about her ex-boyfriend or boyfriends, past relationships, or other "historical" stuff. I don't want to hear about it. I don't want to date a lady with past "luggage." If the topic comes up, just say "yes, I was married once but that was long ago and I don't want to talk about it."

The one exception to this rule is if you experimented and had a hot Lesbian affair, then I want to hear about all the details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships