Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 05:24 PM

90 posts, read 153,865 times

Advertisements

That the guy doesn't mention a word about sex or trys anything like that at all until the woman makes it clear she's ready and that the guy waits for her to initiate it the first time.

or

that the guy brings up sex or trys to make a move not too early but before the woman is "ready"?

Just wondering... I want to be a total gentleman but if I'm too late in making a move the woman might think I'm weird and wonder if theres something wrong with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 PM

208 posts, read 416,751 times
It just depends on the vibe, provided you can correctly assess it. If she's into you she won't be turned off if you're a little early. She'll just tell you to slow down. Don't be a boar about it and it should unfold nicely.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,481,977 times
I'm with MeSoBe. You'll know when she's ready when she gives you hints. Just take your time and get to know her as a person.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,304,329 times
Strawberry Daiquiri's and a romantic movie. A little flirting & seduction and you'll know if she's ready. Don't be a pansy, move forward but watch for the signals that say yes or not now.

Done correctly she probably won't stop you. Just remember no means no, at least for today.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM

334 posts, read 529,094 times
I agree with the previous comments.

Personally, I am celibate until marriage, so I always bring it up just to make sure the guy knows where I stand and that he's free to walk if he's not down for waiting.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,116,011 times
If you go slow, she might not wonder what is wrong with you. She might wonder what is wrong with me, why hasn't he made any moves yet. I once had a lady ask me if there was something about her that I didn't like because I didn't try to kiss her goodnight after several dates. I laughed it off and told her I didn't want to take advantage of a friend, at which point she started making the advances.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I'm with MeSoBe. You'll know when she's ready when she gives you hints. Just take your time and get to know her as a person.
I think I could potentially be pretty oblivious to hints, its hard to know. I'm thinking if she would be giving hints why not just make a move on me to save any confusion? I mean, hey I'm a guy. Therez zero, absolutley zero chance that I'd reject the woman if I like her. And if I didn't like her then I wouldn't be going out with her anyway.

I'm not some "pansy", I'm a guy I ask the woman out in the first place. I take the initiatives, plan the dates, does the calling... It's just that when it comes to sex I'd feel like such a creep if I made a move to early and got rejected, women don't need to worry about rejection when it comes to sex.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
I agree with the previous comments.

Personally, I am celibate until marriage, so I always bring it up just to make sure the guy knows where I stand and that he's free to walk if he's not down for waiting.
I respect that. I'd be worried though that I'd end up stuck in a marriage with a woman who happens to hate sex and think it's gross, lol.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:33 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,015,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
That the guy doesn't mention a word about sex or trys anything like that at all until the woman makes it clear she's ready and that the guy waits for her to initiate it the first time.

or

that the guy brings up sex or trys to make a move not too early but before the woman is "ready"?

Just wondering... I want to be a total gentleman but if I'm too late in making a move the woman might think I'm weird and wonder if theres something wrong with me.
It depends on the woman. But I would suggest you kiss her and keep going with the flow. You can always say something like "I want to make love to you" and see if she's open to it...

Old 03-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
It depends on the woman. But I would suggest you kiss her and keep going with the flow. You can always say something like "I want to make love to you" and see if she's open to it...
How much time is appropriate to wait until making a move though? I want to wait aslong as possible... not because I am a pansy or anything like that, I am just a gentlemen atleast thats what I try to be... but I don't want the woman to go around wondering if theres something wrong with her(or me) either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships