Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 04:55 PM

817 posts, read 810,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Maybe your arrogance is the reason you are alone and has nothing to do with nacionalities.

Even if you are smarter, an statement like this comes accross as conceited and arrogant
Also, I would rather be alone than to be with a woman that's very mean, bitchy and looks down upon men because of her own insecurities and prejudices. Life's much better being alone and successful with good friends than to be with mean minded, manipulative women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 04:56 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I am only arrogant to those that heap stereotypes on me out of their ignorance, stop doing that, and I will be very friendly and respectful, I have no qualms in respecting people, I don't believe in doing that to people who are insulting and disrespectful.
There are not stereotypes hon, most of those women are looking for a ticket to america

and who can blame them?Life back home is hard if you don't have money.

I know, I lived there for like 22 years.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Here's your opening statement this morning, by the way.

So yes, you are talking about a whole bunch of people you don't know, and you have called us bitter a few times. I for one am not bitter, and there's nothing for me to be bitter about.

Yes, the American women there were the women I met, did I say I was talking for the whole bunch of them I have never even seen, NOPE.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
There are not stereotypes hon, most of those women are looking for a ticket to america

and who can blame them?Life back home is hard if you don't have money.

I know, I lived there for like 22 years.
No, I am talking about the stereotypes women heaped upon me here, like calling me a terrorist, call center worker, and other stereotypes that you perhaps know pretty well associated with people of my ethnicity, I was mentioning those.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Also, I would rather be alone than to be with a woman that's very mean, bitchy and looks down upon men because of her own insecurities and prejudices. Life's much better being alone and successful with good friends than to be with mean minded, manipulative women.
That is your choice

Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Most of my family is from a VERY third world country and all of them are well educated in their old country AND America. Two of my cousins own busy restaurants and my aunt and uncle own a preschool in one of the most expensive suburbs in the country and they have only lived in the states for two years AND speak perfect english.

My own mother came to this country with nothing except some college experience back in her country studying engineering. She studied English at Harvard University. She worked as a seamstress, a baby sitter, a maid, a bank teller, and was a great mother to me.

She now is at the top of her field in accounting and does quite well for herself. Also her english vocabulary and grammer is far more advanced than more than half of the Americans I know.
I can relate, I am from a non English speaking nation, and obtained a score in GRE that's more than what 95 percentile of the population around the globe do, way beyond what most Americans achieve, that's the reason I don't see any point in sucking up and being nice to women who act very rude and disrespectful towards me, as I said earlier, they are just shallow, arrogant people, full of hot air and no substance.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
No, I am talking about the stereotypes women heaped upon me here, like calling me a terrorist, call center worker, and other stereotypes that you perhaps know pretty well associated with people of my ethnicity, I was mentioning those.
ohhhhhh well...I see... I would not pay much attention to those stereotypes.

Most people see me and think I am the cleaning lady and I make almost 6 figures... well... dressing better has helped a lot too. But a lot of people still think hispanics only work in cleaning and construction crews.

And who cares? I know who I am.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
ohhhhhh well...I see... I would not pay much attention to those stereotypes.

Most people see me and think I am the cleaning lady and I make almost 6 figures... well... dressing better has helped a lot too. But a lot of people still think hispanics only work in cleaning and construction crews.

And who cares? I know who I am.

Haha, I like this.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Is this wrong/right? Depends on how you see it.
It is not either right or wrong. No one is making the men give $$$ to the women.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Yes, the American women there were the women I met, did I say I was talking for the whole bunch of them I have never even seen, NOPE.
I see. So you have only been able to meet mean, manipulative, bitchy women who say rude things and disrespect men. I am sorry to hear that. Do you live in a very urban area? It seems to me that people are more rushed and stressed out when they are packed together.

I'm thinking of the women I know ... my sister? No, she's very sweet. My cousins? Well, one of them is a mess, but the others are nice. One of them in particular is one of the kindest, happiest women I know, just like her mother, who is a nun now. My mom is pretty great, and my grandmothers.

How about my friends? No, they are all kind, smart, funny women, which is why they are my friends. I don't like mean, manipulative, bitchy women so I am not friends with them.

Let's see ... my neighbors? I did post about one of them I don't like much, but the others I know seem very nice. They all have husbands and go do happy suburban things. Our kids' pediatrician lives up the street, and his wife is super nice. I never see any of them berating their husbands or disrespecting them. I don't know how they are behind closed doors, of course.

The women I work with? I can't recall any of the ones I know talking trash about men or their exes or their husbands. Sure, there might be the off-color joke now and then, but nothing different from what I hear from guys from time to time.

What about me? I get up at 5:30 every day to make my husband coffee, pack his lunch (two sandwiches, fruit, yogurt and granola, in different combinations every day), and start his car. He gets dressed in the clothes I wash for him and leaves for work, and at that time I get the children ready for school. I cook for him every day and do most of the housework. My husband is very well taken care of, and you will never hear me say anything unkind or disrespectful about him, ever.

So now you know there are women out there who are not like what you have experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships