Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 10,549 times

Advertisements

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I am really jealous of my friend's boyfriend.

Originally he met my friend through me. I showed no interest in him when he show interest in me, so I pretty much introduce him to my friend who is a rather shy girl that rarely had a chance to go on date or anything.

My friend have been with him for almost a year now. He treat her wonderful.
To my surprise, he isn't jealous or clingy at all and my friend says she never feel the needs to tiptoe around anything with him and can tell him anything.

When she was really sick with kidney infection, he was there for her the whole time.

He also don't mind holding hand with her at all, chivalrous, is very patient, is always very calm and never seems to get mad, or anything.

She also told me about how he treated her to a long nice bubble bath on valentine day before going down on her for a long time.

I have been with 6 guys so far and none of them even come anywhere near to treat me as good as he treated her. They all are always either clingy, a jerk or whatever. It is so frustrating. How do I deal with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Key6 View Post
I have been with 6 guys so far and none of them even come anywhere near to treat me as good as he treated her. They all are always either clingy, a jerk or whatever. It is so frustrating. How do I deal with this?
Yeah, it sucks, but basically you handed him over to her, so you didn't really want him in the first place. You're just wanting him now that you don't have anyone and you see that he's a good boyfriend to her. Just try and be happy for her and next time you meet a guy, you might want to give him more of a chance before abruptly deciding that you don't like him.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
You're not jealous of your friend's boyfriend, you are jealous of her.

Suck it up and be happy she has a wonderful guy.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:56 PM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
Yes, you're jealous of your friend. You do realize you opened up a can of worms with all the 'nice guys' here?

Old 03-12-2011, 06:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I`m sure she appreciates it!
He sounds like a "keeper." Those are very hard to find nowdays..
Try not to be jealous, but instead happy for your friend! I know...its hard, but hey...maybe he has a friend that he can introduce to you.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:03 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
When the next good guy comes along, don't introduce him to your friend. Next time, spare us the bubble bath detail. Sounds like your friend is purposely trying to make you jealous.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,549 times
I didn't handed him over because he was a "nice guy" He just seems to be a loner and barely have any friends, so I kinda got the feeling that he's going to be dependency on me for everything and possibly very clingy and have no life of his own.

I did dated a "nice guy" and one was so clingy that I have to get away from him fast. Other one went alright for a couple months until he got to the point where he start to revolve his whole life around WoW and expect me to do the same which I won't put up with.

I will admit I should haven't brushed him off that quickly. I am happy for my friend and still friend with her and her boyfriend. But I still feel lonely and disappointed about the whole thing.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
I will admit I should haven't brushed him off that quickly. I am happy for my friend and still friend with her and her boyfriend. But I still feel lonely and disappointed about the whole thing.
That's normal that you would feel that way, especially if you keep meeting losers, but the right guy is still out there...somewhere.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
I didn't handed him over because he was a "nice guy" He just seems to be a loner and barely have any friends, so I kinda got the feeling that he's going to be dependency on me for everything and possibly very clingy and have no life of his own.
No need in looking back, and regretting the fact that you passed this guy on! Goes to show you to "never judge a book, by its cover!"

Old 03-12-2011, 07:10 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Wish your friend well... grab the next nice guy that comes along...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships