Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,691,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yes it does.

All straight men know that there are only four circumstances in which a real man can cry.

The death of a loved one.

The wedding day of your daughter.

You son's first hit, score, point, etc.

and when your team wins a championship.

End of story.
Says who??? Good Lord! To each their own opinion.

A man can cry whenever, wherever they feel the need..and he doesn`t even have to be straight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 07:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,132,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Women need to quit lying to themselves because they know good & well if their man were to cry, they would tell him to "man up" Be for real.

I didn't realise you were female.....

I've seen men cry, never have I lost respect. Crying at the loss of a loved one is normal and human. If they didn't cry infront of me, I'd assume they would do so in private.

Its foolish to think a gender should not show emotion

Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,318,195 times
There is no rule for this in my book. Some people cry easily, some don't. Men included.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,127,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
I didn't realise you were female.....

I've seen men cry, never have I lost respect. Crying at the loss of a loved one is normal and human. If they didn't cry infront of me, I'd assume they would do so in private.

Its foolish to think a gender should not show emotion
I'm all man baby girl I have no female tendencies in me, never that. Crying just doesn't do a bit of good. Is it going to change the situation? No. Is it going to bring back the loss of a loved one? No. It may be foolish but it's how many men were raised, that showing emotion is what women do, not men.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,319,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
if my sister told me that one of our parents died and I didn't cry, I'd question my humanity

Of course you would cry, anyone with any decency would. No one should cry just to get their way or over something small, but things like major tragedies and losing a loved one are worth tears.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
I am crying just reading all of this

Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,581,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Men were raised to be strong, tough, not show any emotion. Our fathers instilled in us from a very early age that crying is not manly, so many men grow up with the mindset that crying is not OK. Most fathers have never cried in front of their sons because they don't want to be seen as weak by their family. Think about it, men are looked to for strength and guidance through the storms of life and if a man breaks down, that's disastrous for the rest of the family. That, is why many men feel that crying isn't manly and warrants automatic revocation of your mancard.
Making references to a "mancard" is about as unmanly as it gets.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,639,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
How sad to be a man, closed, feelings always kept in check for fear of someone taking advantage.

I just want to take men and give them a big hug.
It isn't necessarily about being a man, at least not for me.

It's about being a Warrior - and remember they come in BOTH genders.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,480,231 times
I have respect for people, men and women that show emotion.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It isn't necessarily about being a man, at least not for me.

It's about being a Warrior - and remember they come in BOTH genders.
I understand that. I just don't agree with it. We share our humanity at our vulnerable times. It can be a very enlightening experience that brings us to our knees and makes us realise we need one another.

As much as I advocate being an island and I am closed off emotionally from others, I will always be that comforter if someone needs it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships