Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 AM

545 posts, read 1,555,663 times

Advertisements

I met a woman from a grocery store. We talked a bit and discovered that we graduated from the same school. We arranged to have a casual lunch and I asked her on Facebook if she wanted to have dinner on Friday night. She agreed.

However, I'm interested in a relationship with her but we didn't do anything sexual during the lunch. How do I know if she's interested in a relationship or just having dinner with me to catch-up on school stories?

I mean seriously, it seems too blunt to ask "Is this a date" or "Are you interested in me" but it'll be awkward if I tried to kiss her when she's just meeting me as a friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,333 times
Whoa....you just met, had lunch and didn't do anything sexual during said lunch? You're taking things way too slow.

1 lunch + 1 dinner= a sexual relationship. If she orders desseert, that's code for wanting to have your children.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,470 times
Now sir don't be stupid. One lunch should never lead to anything sexual. Now if you're Amish and you consider possibly bumping hands sexual that's one thing, but if you're like 90% of the population and sexual means everything else all I can say is slow down.

If you want to know if it was officially a date, ask her out again.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:26 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I met a woman from a grocery store. We talked a bit and discovered that we graduated from the same school. We arranged to have a casual lunch and I asked her on Facebook if she wanted to have dinner on Friday night. She agreed.

However, I'm interested in a relationship with her but we didn't do anything sexual during the lunch. How do I know if she's interested in a relationship or just having dinner with me to catch-up on school stories?

I mean seriously, it seems too blunt to ask "Is this a date" or "Are you interested in me" but it'll be awkward if I tried to kiss her when she's just meeting me as a friend.
play it by ear, and allow her to decide....if when you part....she kind of takes her time, and continues a conversation, and her body language leans towards you, then, a kiss might be proper....if she takes off right away, and doesn't linger or draw closer to you, give her time....I wouldn't want a man or woman in my life who jumps into bed with me real quick...that means, they've slept with a lot of other people....and it's they're MO to come on very quickly which raises a flag...it must be mutual, and to take your time with her, offers her the comfort of knowing she's not going to get mauled by you, but will help make her feel safe.

take your time, ROME was not built in a day....get to know each other, observe her...it's not about sex, it's about taking the time to actually get to know the person and see if your a good match, meaning, mentally compatible, ask her questions about her, find out what her views are on everything, art, travel, books, what her hobbies are....political views....spiritual views....and then you can create great dates for the both of you from knowing what her likes and dislikes are...

Ask her what her dreams are, what she would like to do with her life, where she sees herself in 5 years from now...find out if she is looking for someone to take care of her, or if she has honst ta goodness goals she would like to persue.

You'd be amazed how much you can learn about someone when you get them talking....and about yourself....

Old 03-18-2011, 08:15 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,506 times
Quote:

Some will tell you to slow down. If she wants to see you TWICE in a short period of time I don't think she just wants to chat. Just a hunch. Take it for what it's worth.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:17 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,506 times
I see classmates all the time. I talk to them for 5 minutes and don't see them again for 2 years!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:

Please don't think that you have to do something sexual during a lunch to convey that you'd like to have a relationship with her.

If you go out with a female you're interested in it's a date. Doesn't matter if it's lunch, dinner, coffee or to get your car washed.

A date simply means "you pre-arrange a time to meet" you "set a date (eg. date and time) to meet". That is all.

A date can be casual, or formal. It's a date no matter how you want to define it.

The only way it's NOT a date is if you two are "buddies" "bff's" and that's UNDERSTOOD between both of you because there's no romantic potential between you.

If she thinks you're "just buddies" then you have to open your mouth and tell her what you are interested in having with her, if she doesn't know it's a date, step it up and take her to a nice restaurant and tell her you want something more serious with her.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,985 times
Quote:

if she grabs your winkie it's a date

Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,955,470 times
If she's setting aside a friday night for you, I think its a date.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliefille View Post
whoa....you just met, had lunch and didn't do anything sexual during said lunch? You're taking things way too slow.

1 lunch + 1 dinner= a sexual relationship. If she orders desseert, that's code for wanting to have your children.

lol :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships