Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:18 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,355 times

Advertisements

I've been in a relationship for 3 years and I've reached the point where i feel like a 40 year old in a 10 year marriage. I feel bored. Nothing bothers me because I know there's a solution for every problem as long as I take some time to think. I rarely ever fight with my girlfriend and it's never a serious fight. We've done everything we can think of with our extremely limited funds and now my focus is working and paying bills and debt. I rarely splirg on things since I know I'll have to pay a bill soon. I use to be more passionate and excited but now i feel meh all the time. My past gf's were all exciting, radiating sexual energy and a pain in the ass to satisfy. They drove me nuts and I always moved on after I couldnt take it anymore. My current gf doesnt radiate sexual energy but she is beautiful in a clean way (not sure if you get me). She's not sure what she wants and although she has things she likes she rarely has that passionate look in her eyes that nothing can stop her from getting what she wants. Im not sure what I need but I want us to be happy together since I love her more than anything. I want more excitment and less predictablilty. What can I do to get my old passion back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,679,028 times
so... you want someone who is a pain in the rear, impossible to satisfy and never happy?

sounds like you have a good thing and are taking it for granted.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:30 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,683,101 times
Roleplay: Go home dressed in a police outfit, and tell her you need to punish her for being such a good girl!

Seriously, talk to her about your concerns. Maybe the two of you could change your boring routine, and do something diffrent. Being married does not have to make you feel like "an old married man." Do something about it. Communication is the key*

Old 03-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
so... you want someone who is a pain in the rear, impossible to satisfy and never happy?

sounds like you have a good thing and are taking it for granted.
Yeah saw this coming. I want the person I'm with. I love her and would never trade her for anyone. But I must admit the previous gfs were more exciting although Ill never want to be with them again. I use to be more passionate about my emotions but it always caused me trouble and got out of hand. These women brought the best and worst in me and put me on a roller coaster ride. Now my life is very predictable. I never knew after finding real happiness my next challange would be overcoming boredom. I'm too rational less likely to take risks now, especially without anymore outside influences.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,768,520 times
As you get older, you realize life will not continue to be increasingly exciting forever. Sooner or later you have seen it all and then boredom sets in. Learn to live with it, it will be like that for the rest of your life

Old 03-20-2011, 01:37 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,406,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
As you get older, you realize life will not continue to be increasingly exciting forever. Sooner or later you have seen it all and then boredom sets in. Learn to live with it, it will be like that for the rest of your life
God, that's scary..

Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Roleplay: Go home dressed in a police outfit, and tell her you need to punish her for being such a good girl!

Seriously, talk to her about your concerns. Maybe the two of you could change your boring routine, and do something diffrent. Being married does not have to make you feel like "an old married man." Do something about it. Communication is the key*

Finding the energy to role play is a problem. She's not exactly as into her own sexuality as I'm use to. I tried talking to her about it but she just gets insecure and blames herself even though I reassure her that it isn't. She wants to be as passion filled as my previous gfs but she doesn't know how. I told her don't stress it. I love her as is.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,741,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post

And rent an adult DVD. Sex commandos 3

Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
God, that's scary..
Ditto. Your freaking me out. I know this is life that's why I'm not stressed about it. But I want more. I won't except the whole boring phase in life. The choices aren't just exciting and stressed or happy and bored. I want it all and there's no reason why two happy and in love people can't have that.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:49 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,458,835 times
OP, women post here threads that feel as if they are coming from your gf. About what happened to sex, what happened to him, who couldn't keep his hands off her. About how she tried everything, and 2 times a year is good for him. Yet at the same time she knows he tells his friends that she is the best person in the world. (sorry, but your op sounds just like that missing piece coming from the mouth of those bf).

In the end, it's your decision what's more important, - and it comes through that you prefer the "clean-ness" to those sexy but tiring gals. I think that having solid unwavering loyalty and a supporter through thick and thin is more important than having animal sex on the kitchen floor every night... because it can't sustain itself in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships