Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
That's all honky dorey when you are a teen or early to mid twenties but sometime there has to come an end to all the madness. Otherwise, that's just what you will be doing twenty years from now..... playing the field and still SINGLE!!! Maybe I'm off when I never looked at a gal as a sport or just having fun? I don't have time for that s&*^ er......stuff anymore.
I had relationships and I dated in my 20s. I never considered any of it sh*t or madness. Most folk were fun and it was all pretty nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,647,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I had relationships and I dated in my 20s. I never considered any of it sh*t or madness. Most folk were fun and it was all pretty nice.
Well, as much as we would like to be.... many of US aren't in our 20's anymore.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,699,202 times
There's nothing wrong with a woman dating multiple men as long as she's being honest to them.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Well, as much as we would like to be.... many of US aren't in our 20's anymore.
Very true. But, I was under the impression (from previous posts) that the OP is young and that we're addressing folk in their 20s, which is typical dating years. For those into the 30s and beyond that are not married, no doubt your approach varies. I'm not sure how I would approach dating middle-aged. Maybe I would rush it a bit, but that wouldn't be my first instinct at least.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM

Do you gals know what "I" THINK? Your whole lives you have been messed over, used, abused, and given the runaround. When you finally find one that says...."let's do this" you freak out because he doesn't have a game or an ulterior motive. I think it scares them. No, we won't be tying the knot tomorrow. But dammit, I'd like a LT GF!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Very true. But, I was under the impression (from previous posts) that the OP is young and that we're addressing folk in their 20s, which is typical dating years. For those into the 30s and beyond that are not married, no doubt your approach varies. I'm not sure how I would approach dating middle-aged. Maybe I would rush it a bit, but that wouldn't be my first instinct at least.
Well yeah! When I was 19, I was going over 100 MPH and giving the chickens the middle finger.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,848 times
I take commitment too seriously to rush into it. Becoming exclusive with someone you don't know well is madness in my opinion.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I take commitment too seriously to rush into it. Becoming exclusive with someone you don't know well is madness in my opinion.
"One" is hard enough to find. Let alone 3-5-10. Women never beat down guys doors like men do to them. I think that is why most of the opinions in this thread from men are the same or similar to mine. Perhaps when some gals quit thinking of men as disposable garbage they might find a good one?

Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM

343 posts, read 524,556 times
Quote:
Do you gals know what "I" THINK? Your whole lives you have been messed over, used, abused, and given the runaround. When you finally find one that says...."let's do this" you freak out because he doesn't have a game or an ulterior motive. I think it scares them. No, we won't be tying the knot tomorrow. But dammit, I'd like a LT GF!
True. Tried to rep ya.

Also, sometimes the reason is we don't really consider how we feel until we are confronted. Like the timing is off where the guy is falling faster than her but gets too heavy and puts on a lot of pressure. That can kill anything good between them.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
True. Tried to rep ya.

Also, sometimes the reason is we don't really consider how we feel until we are confronted. Like the timing is off where the guy is falling faster than her but gets too heavy and puts on a lot of pressure. That can kill anything good between them.
I just walk off the set with my head down for awhile. Someday it will come back up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships