Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:54 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
damn straight, and rightfully so.

why on earth would someone continue to invest time in a person who believed that there were better options out there?

If they aren't looking to get serious for whatever reason that's ok but I remember one chick I "dated" for a short time and she seemed to try to use the fact that she had other guys in her social life as instigation to try to make me jealous or off balance or make me compete and it didn't sit well with me.

If you are going to date several people at once don't mention it, keep it to yourself is my opinion. I don't have patience or time for that anyway. Nor do I have time to date several women nor do I want to spend the money to date several at once. One is enough even in the trial stages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 03:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
And there is another point, maybe she isn't having sex with the 3 guys she is dating but by the 2nd or 3rd date if they aren't kissing then it is a lame dating situation anyway. So imagine a man or woman you like is dating not seriously and imagine in your mind them making out with their other date and tommorrow she or he is going out on a date with you next........

Yeah, I thought so, doesn't turn you on imagining that does it?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:58 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
For me personally I wouldn't care on a first date if she said she was going to date other guys besides me. But it would be nice for the girl to be upfront with me about it. Dating is different from being in a relationship. A relationship is a commitment imo, whereas dating is getting to know someone and see if you are compatible with each other. Which has made me think of a good question thread.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
And there is another point, maybe she isn't having sex with the 3 guys she is dating but by the 2nd or 3rd date if they aren't kissing then it is a lame dating situation anyway. So imagine a man or woman you like is dating not seriously and imagine in your mind them making out with their other date and tommorrow she or he is going out on a date with you next........

Yeah, I thought so, doesn't turn you on imagining that does it?
Right, second or third date she's still not kissing you, touching you, or having sex with you, you might as well move on, right? Kidding.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
damn straight, and rightfully so.

why on earth would someone continue to invest time in a person who believed that there were better options out there?
If you like to take out the trash, I would guess?> Oh come on, give it a halfa**ed shot and thrill someone.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Right, second or third date she's still not kissing you, touching you, or having sex with you, you might as well move on, right? Kidding.
lol no you're not.

Well she hasn't started dating other men yet and she will see the #1 guy soon but she doesn't want to have "the talk" but she does want to know where she stands with him. She said she wants him to bring it up but she knows there's a good chance he's not and she doesn't want to walk away still being unsure about where things are going.

Guys any suggestions on how she can get a clear answer of what his plans are and if they involve her without her coming across like she's putting him on the spot or backing him into a corner?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
hmmm...likewise if a guy isn't kissing me by the 3rd date. I then wonder if he even wants me bad enough, lol.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Some guys do not date more than one person at time. They are into monogamous dating.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 PM

I agree if people who want to date more than one person and explore other options they had better not get too serious or blurt it out that they are dating others unless they want the relationship to evaporate. Getting into a good relationship is really hard to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If they aren't looking to get serious for whatever reason that's ok but I remember one chick I "dated" for a short time and she seemed to try to use the fact that she had other guys in her social life as instigation to try to make me jealous or off balance or make me compete and it didn't sit well with me.

If you are going to date several people at once don't mention it, keep it to yourself is my opinion. I don't have patience or time for that anyway. Nor do I have time to date several women nor do I want to spend the money to date several at once. One is enough even in the trial stages.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM

Why should he be kissing you: is that some type of authoritarian rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
hmmm...likewise if a guy isn't kissing me by the 3rd date. I then wonder if he even wants me bad enough, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships