Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times

Advertisements

I think the O.P. has been slammed a bit, but I know exactly what he means. I feel the exact same way. However, my situation may be different in that I'm also looking to find a woman I can start a family with. So I want a woman 10 years younger. This age thing is tough. I've never worried about my age before. I look about 5 years younger, and am in shape, but its been very tough since my divorce 2 years ago. Never expected to be in this position again, thats for sure.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I think the O.P. has been slammed a bit, but I know exactly what he means. I feel the exact same way. However, my situation may be different in that I'm also looking to find a woman I can start a family with. So I want a woman 10 years younger. This age thing is tough. I've never worried about my age before. I look about 5 years younger, and am in shape, but its been very tough since my divorce 2 years ago. Never expected to be in this position again, thats for sure.
I've heard people say Atlanta is actually supposed to be good for single men. I guess you're not finding that to be true.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,113 times
I know, women should just kill themselves after 40. They serve no purpose then, right?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I don't think it's normal if you are rejecting women your age solely on age because you want to appear younger.

But if you are active and youthful thinking and no one around your age is like you, then I say go younger.
Or go for an energy match, anyway. Quite frankly, I know a whole lot of people in their teens or 20s who are absolute shlumps and could not be moved off the couch and away from the Smartphone if a grenade were tossed underneath them. Or who kind of lump around from place to place looking eternally bored. Occasionally they can be wheedled into slumping against a table, chair or wall at a club for a while. Some dancing may be involved, followed by a huge crash and getting up at 2:00 PM the next day from exhaustion. This will be followed by an evening of jumping around at a hysterical pace, then totally crashing again and being unable to get up in the morning to help with anything meaningful in the house or actually get to a job or something. (No, I'm not putting down ALL young people. Some are very industrious but please. Look around you, people. If even ninth grade girls have muffin tops and bellies, we are NOT talking about a super-active group when focusing on "young people.")

Being young does not necessarily mean more energy. Not any more! Middle-schoolers can't even get themselves half a mile to school nowadays...they need a car to chauffeur them.

If you're really that energetic, look for someone who is also energetic.

If not, then that's a whole 'nother story. It makes me giggle to know how many people there are out there in their 40s and 50s who can't be moved from their computers to get up and go for a nice hike, and who decide they've done plenty for the day since they went to work and now want to unbutton the pants, half-lie on the couch and watch Tivo'd stuff until bedtime, yet want a 20-something because she's "Energetic."

You need to just be honest with yourself and find a match no matter what age.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
^^ All that said, please note that I don't deny a younger woman can be very attractive to a man. I don't blame the OP or anything; heck, as a woman, I look at men 10 years older and I think...That's my dad. (In my age group, 10 years older is kind of a significant change and brings one well into middle age, comfortably so.) So I understand.

Just saying, if it's energy...well...usually, what people usually mean is energy for sex. Do you have the energy for a younger person in other areas of your life? If I were single today, I'd be glad to have a young FBW...the sex stamina tends to be awesome in that age group! And...cute bodies, no paunch (depending upon the young dude, but at least chances are better than when one is older), full head of hair? Le yum. But for long-term? Ugh. Don't bother me, I'm watching The Tudors.

You have to be honest with yourself...

Old 05-06-2011, 06:26 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
I just have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Someone who is 40 sent me a message today and I just couldn' through with it. I will stick with the 26-31 crowd

Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times
Yeah I don't blame ya, if you can get it go for it. Personally I'm hanging with the 20-somethings.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post
I know, women should just kill themselves after 40. They serve no purpose then, right?

Yeah really....wait let me go find my noose...oh look, the 20-something I'm hanging with has it in his hand and is threatening to tie me up for some playtime. Guess I won't be able to hang myself now!!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:27 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by df175 View Post
I'm in my early 40s and I've realized in the last 2-3 years just how uninterested I am in single women around my age. There are always exceptions, but it's rare. I mostly find women around 5-10 years younger attractive, holding most other factors equal.

Recently I was put in kind of an awkward situation where a woman with whom I was socially acquainted put me on the spot. In many objective ways we were compatible but the chemistry just wasn't there on my part. To be clear, I never led her on.

The long and the short of it was that she dumped on me with an accusative tone about "age-ism" and about how hard it's been for her to get dates, almost pleading for some kind of sympathy or justification. It was hard for me to deny, but what can I do?

I don't think my feelings make me a bad person. I mean, if the mojo is not there, it's just not there. I cannot rationalize away my gut reactions.

Many women seems to put a lot of stock in youthful looks and even if they are accomplished in other ways, it seems a deep blow for them to lose them, to lose the attention of men that comes automatically and in abundance.

Few men are rarely so handsome as to attract women based on mostly looks (including myself!), so I think that women should understand that it's hard to be genuinely sympathetic. Intellectually I can see from where aging women are coming, but not at a visceral level.
lmao!!!!!!!!!!
WOW..I am 37, on my way to 40...and I never seem to have issues with the older guys...( 40-60) truth be told? I have an age limit but it is related more to common factors than looks...I will date an attractive 44 year old..
My issue always has been the younger guys ( As green as 19) And I will automatically shun them because they are tooooo young! I have a nephew whom is 20 for god sakes!
There are many women in their 40's and above whom are gorgeous! It is a shame that you cannot see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships