Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times

Advertisements

1. Drank too much, blacked out, and woke up with no front teeth.

2. Drank too much, and woke up with a 400 pound girl in my bed.

3. Drank too much, and woke up in jail.

4. Drank too much, and woke up in my front yard on Sunday morning with people walking up and down the sidewalk going to church.

Now, I don't drink the hard stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Was the guy attractive? Because that situation sounds really uncool.
Yes. Artsy, his clothes were nice, but his undies were old and yellow. His tighty whitey. Yuck.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
2. Drank too much, and woke up with a 400 pound girl in my bed.
Haha, as if you regret it

Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I showed up and the guy wasn't ready.

He answered the door in a dengy, raggedy and pit stained tshirt. Counting every cent when I ordered. Wow, you gonna get that. That cost ...

Needless to say, one and done.
You know what? In every date I've ever been on, I am always on time and the woman is always late.

It's one of my biggest pet peeves. Being late.

And even though I don't earn a ton of money, I always treat my dates. I don't care what they order for food, what movie they want to see, what we do after, I always insist on paying(at least on the first date). I'm old fashioned in this sense, seeing as one of the last things my grandfather told me before passing away was "No matter what, you always treat the girl right, and you always pay. It's the right thing to do."

That being said, I've had some bad evenings, particularly in the past few months of just getting a number and getting dates. Being rejected throughout the entire evening is just part of the game, but it still gets depressing at times.

The other thing that I consider as a bad night, would be getting a call from a friend saying "Party at X, there will be girls and there will be drinking." So I show up well-dressed, decently groomed with confidence, when in reality it's just one huge sausage party and there's a bunch of single guys staring at each other.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You know what? In every date I've ever been on, I am always on time and the woman is always late.

It's one of my biggest pet peeves. Being late.

And even though I don't earn a ton of money, I always treat my dates. I don't care what they order for food, what movie they want to see, what we do after, I always insist on paying(at least on the first date). I'm old fashioned in this sense, seeing as one of the last things my grandfather told me before passing away was "No matter what, you always treat the girl right, and you always pay. It's the right thing to do."

That being said, I've had some bad evenings, particularly in the past few months of just getting a number and getting dates. Being rejected throughout the entire evening is just part of the game, but it still gets depressing at times.

The other thing that I consider as a bad night, would be getting a call from a friend saying "Party at X, there will be girls and there will be drinking." So I show up well-dressed, decently groomed with confidence, when in reality it's just one huge sausage party and there's a bunch of single guys staring at each other.
Something similar. My friend's friend was having a party. A classy affair. All dolled up and get there. Nothing, but old women and old men. It was like partying with my uncles and aunts. A bad night.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:55 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
I don't go out much but I'll share a couple:

When my husband and I worked together we went to a coworker/friend's new year's eve party. One of our other coworkers was there that we were friendly with, she was a really bubbly, cheerful, positive person everyone at work liked. Well, she got reeeaaally drunk and started hyperventilating and bawling about how her pos boyfriend hasn't had a job in 8 years and does nothing to help around the house or with the kids and she works her a** off and does everything and on top of that she thinks he's cheating and blah blah blah. The entire party was ruined because everyone was focused on her and trying to calm her down and cheer her up. A couple people went into the bedroom with her to try to contain her and we would start talking or whatever again and she'd come back out again periodically screaming about whatever. For some stupid reason, someone eventually called her boyfriend, I think just to come and pick her up, but still, dumb move, they were fighting on the phone for like an hour. We just eventually left because it was impossible to have a conversation let alone any fun. So weird to see her like that because she was the cutest, most positive person at work.

A friend once punched a light out at his house (accidentally) at a party he was having while telling us a story about a fight he was in. That wasn't a nightmare though it was funny as hell especially because he just tried to continue the story in the dark like nothing happened. Just kind of extreme and funny and worth sharing I thought.

At a different party that same guy was having, some stupid douche bag wouldn't stop playing the mandolin and trying to be unique and cool and was annoying everyone by talking about (and playing) the mandolin. (he was playing it while other music was playing! how could you think that's pleasant?) Eventually my husband said some insulting joke to him and all that did was make him focus on us and start some stupid conversation with us about what music we like and dropping little obscure comments he thought would make him sound cool and open minded but really he was just being fake and annoying blah blah blah.. hard to explain I guess, but it was so damn annoying and douchey...

that's all I can think of for now.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:07 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times
Quote:
How can you go out and drink if you are under 21?
Naw it was at house parties I went to at nighttime not at a bar lol.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
This is sort of funny/campy and nightmarish actually. It happened over a year ago. But my friend and I went to an industrial nightclub to listen to music and check out the enormous paintings they have featured on their walls. Well, that night it turns out some artists were getting "married" at the nightclub. The entire place was decorated in cobwebs, fake skulls, black roses, and naked body painting art was going on in the corner. Women were walking around half nude covered in paint: some people had S&M masks and chains on; others with togas and mardi gras masks. The two people who got married were dressed in costumes; one as an angel: the other as a demon. It was outrageous!!!! I was a little scared by the people so we left after 45 minutes.
Wow, that IS freakish and creepy! To each his/her own, but that ain't MY cup of tea!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Okay, there is something soooo desirable about a man that takes advice from his grandpa and respects and admires his grandfather enough to follow that advice.

It belongs in the same category as fuzzy little kitties...just makes you go "AWwwwwwwwwwWWW"

Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 PM

380 posts, read 795,830 times
Well, after one bad experience, I refuse to go to house party's thrown by guys who play college lacrosse. The guy I talked to at the party wouldn't let me leave at the end of the night and pinned me up against the wall. After several failed attempts to drag me upstairs by my arm (forcefully) a bunch of stoner's sitting on the couch playing video games tackled the guy and told me to "leave before things got ugly". I have no doubt that guy would have raped me that night seeing as how I was trashed, but I managed to get home safely.

Learned my lesson. Never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships