Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
Good post. I agree. I like it all, but my favorite is the dry, tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic (in funny way) type of humor, such as, when Niles Crane (Frasier) and Dan Fielding (Night Court) deliver great funny comebacks in a complete deadpan expression. Yet, I enjoy the zany humor on Seinfeld and Night Court, too. And enjoy the high-society, witty, snobby humor on Frasier. As far as potty humor, if it's funny, that's great, too.
Niles was the funniest, lol. He also reminds me alot of that other 'Niles', the butler from the Nanny, although Niles from the Nanny had a slightly more sardonic wit, especially towards CC/Miss Babcock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
I think if you can't step back and laugh at yourself first, you're pretty much on the road to no sense of humor.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
but if one person likes Two and a Half Men and fart jokes, and the other likes Arrested Development and wordplay, they're probably just going to stare at each other awkwardly.
Ha, that's an interesting grouping! I love Two and a Half Men and hate fart jokes. Wonder what that makes me...

Old 04-25-2011, 12:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
ask my exes--they say I'm too serious.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Of all the many people I've met in my lifetime, I've rarely met anyone who didn't have a sense of humour WHATSOEVER, who was psychological normal at least, so I'm wondering what you would consider a person 'without a sense of humour' so to speak?

For me, someone who is so serious/insecure that they can't laugh at themselves doesn't have a true sense of humour. For instance, if someone makes a light-hearted, inoffensive joke about you, you can only see it as an insult. Indeed, sometimes I've laughed at 'insults' against me that I later found a bit offensive, but the humour sort of neutralised it.

I also find someone with a very one-dimensional type of humour lacking in a true sense of humour. Like they will only laugh when someone gets a pie in their face, or stupid sarcastic/ironic statements (such as saying 'it's a beautiful day' when it's cloudy, unless it works with something else I find statements like this tediously uncreative and unfunny). Someone with a well-developed and intelligent sense of humour appreciates most of the common forms of humour (I can laugh at pretty much all comedy), and doesn't just crack up at one-liners or something like that.

I find people without a sense of humour may go a whole day without smiling at all, whereas someone like myself, even in my darkest moments I laugh/smile easily (even when I'm frowning alot for other reasons). So much so I look really goofy/ridiculous.
there's a fine line between laughing at me, and just trying to get me to lighten up.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha, that's an interesting grouping! I love Two and a Half Men and hate fart jokes. Wonder what that makes me...
Terminally weird?

What constitutes a lack of a sense of humor? Simple - compare them to someone with a sense of humor. If they're not smiling or laughing, they probably have a distinct lack of humor.

Next question, please...and make this one a little harder, OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships