Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM

369 posts, read 618,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Sweetie, and I say this gently, because overall I think you're an interesting, funny person. In your perception what JBT says is correct. How far has this viewpoint gotten you? Do you have the relationship you want yet? Does JBT?

Women can smell dislike of our sex in general from waaaaaaaaay off. I know you're thinking "Oh, I do like women!" but go back now and read some of your posts. You are very angry at women. You feel they deserve way less than they feel they deserve. They know it, even if they can't pinpoint this in words. And they back off.
Angry? Constant rejection will do that to a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Angry? Constant rejection will do that to a person.
Well you have to get over it, because if you think about it logically, is being angry and resentful getting you anywhere? If the answer is yes then continue, if not, then you have to re-evaluate.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Men. Oh dear God, if I had a dime for every time a balding, very fat middle-aged guy I knew ran his hands self-admiringly over his paunch and said, "I think I still look pretty good!", not only could I retire but I could take you all with me.
He's merely comparing himself with women his own age. Of course, he's right.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
He's merely comparing himself with women his own age. Of course, he's right.
In some cases he is, of course. However, I hear women criticizing themselves WAY more often than say "I still look pretty good!" As a woman, I'm guilty of exactly the same thing.

However, though you were trying to be clever, a man probably isn't comparing himself to women when he says he still looks pretty good.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Trimac20
Women may sound really self-critical but really they think they are hot stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
And you know ALL women and are able to read their minds? Wow, you are one talented guy.
That's not talent. Just follow this advice. Watch what women do, rather than listen to what they say. Works every time.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:

That's not talent. Just follow this advice. Watch what women do, rather than listen to what they say. Works every time.
In what way does it work for you? Are you in a healthy, satisfying relationship? Your relationship status doesn't say.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20
Women may sound really self-critical but really they think they are hot stuff.

with all due respect to Trimac20, I would take his comments on relationships with a grain of salt, he has never been in a relationship.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I honestly don't know any men who are average or unattractive who brag about how good looking they are. They may try to hit on women above their league but its not becasue they're delusional about their own looks.

Maybe its because they were lied to by women and told confidence is the most important thing when in reality its only important if the women finds you attractive to begin with.

If your unattractive to her and you are confident you are creepy or dellusional and overrate your appeareance according to women.
One of the best posts I've seen in quite some time. Sums things up in a nutshell.

80% of men know they don't cut it in the looks department. That's why the better among them were often home studying on a Saturday night.

However, they've been told (lied to) so many times that women want other things that they keep their hopes up. However, none expect the super model. That's just fodder for soap operas and Cosmo help columns.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:11 PM

132 posts, read 304,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
On average who do you think overrates their own physical appearance more, women or men ?

I say women on average do it more. For example I have seen some plain jane nothing special to look at women say that Howard Stern or Jay-Z is ugly and how they would never want to date them. They act like with hteir looks they could easily land a man that looks like Derek Jeter or Paul Walker and that someone like Howard Stern and Jay-Z is way beneath their league in the looks department even though they themselves are not Maxim hot 100 material.
I read somewhere that men overrate their appearance more. I can tell you I'm not a Maxim model, but if I was in optimal shape and had a professional make up job I could be. I'm girl next door cute and I've had some very attractive boyfriends. But my point is women are hammered everyday with images of what they should look like. How we look IS our identity and its obvious from how you are treated how attractive you really are - if you're a woman.

For men its all about how witty and accomplished you are. Typically women don't approach men no matter how cute, and men don't evaluate each other brutally with respect to looks (unless we mean gay men). Men in general are over confident anyway and looks are no exception. When you are the hunter you have to be or you just wouldn't have the balls to get out there.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:11 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
I think men because women can be a lot more self-conscious. Some men I know however, *phew* believe they are the hottest cake in the oven. For some reason, its the men who aren't even all that attractive to women to begin with. I have a friend who is sloppy as can be but thinks his looks are so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships