Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM

924 posts, read 1,645,186 times

Advertisements

I'm a man, and no question I say men. Most men don't fuss with their appearance much, aside from working out. Beautiful women can overlook the lack of attractiveness in men a lot.

Tiger Blood seems to have a major chip on his shoulder....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 01:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You should include a poll on this thread. I'd be amazed if more than a few people said women. Even most men can admit that men overrate their appearance. You see this online all the time. A girl will be skinny, but still describe herself as having an average body type whereas a man has a gut, but because he works out, he thinks that qualifies him as athletic.
I've seen that in women's profiles too. Looks chubby but describes her self as "average" or "curvy" lol

Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
While i dont disagree many women are hard on themselves phsysically sometimes its just them fishing for compliments.

Last edited by JBT1980; 05-04-2011 at 02:37 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
On average who do you think overrates their own physical appearance more, women or men ?

I say women on average do it more. For example I have seen some plain jane nothing special to look at women say that Howard Stern or Jay-Z is ugly and how they would never want to date them. They act like with hteir looks they could easily land a man that looks like Derek Jeter or Paul Walker and that someone like Howard Stern and Jay-Z is way beneath their league in the looks department even though they themselves are not Maxim hot 100 material.
Well, another women hater. Welcome to the Forum Women Haters Club!

Seriously, just because someone is plain in your eyes and doesn't find Howard Stern or Jay-Z attractive does not mean she think she's above them. They are homely and I don't think many women; plain, ugly, pretty or beautiful would find them attractive.

You're assuming alot which is what most women haters do. Just because you think some women are plain janes doesn't mean they don't have opinions. And what you might think of as plain in your eyes, isn't plain in someone else's eyes.

So what you're saying is, these plain janes should shut up and take anyone because they're lucky to have even some fat, slobby, no tooth guy? Is that what you're saying?

And it goes both ways. Ever see a guy that's not taking care of himself in hygiene and nutrition and thinks he can get with a Cindy Crawford?

In my eyes, both men and women are delusional in their appearances.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Well, another women hater. Welcome to the Forum Women Haters Club!

Seriously, just because someone is plain in your eyes and doesn't find Howard Stern or Jay-Z attractive does not mean she think she's above them. They are homely and I don't think many women; plain, ugly, pretty or beautiful would find them attractive.
The OP seems to be implying that you can't criticize other people's looks unless you're good looking. But that's like saying you can't call someone overweight if you too are overweight. Whether you're thin or not doesn't change the fact that the other person is overweight. Where the hypocrisy comes in is in holding them to a standard you can't meet. For example, if you said you would never date someone because they were overweight, you can't turn around and complain when they do the same to you.

BTW, I like that name. The Forum Women Haters Club. Sure are a lot of members.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:12 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The OP seems to be implying that you can't criticize other people's looks unless you're good looking. But that's like saying you can't call someone overweight if you too are overweight. Whether you're thin or not doesn't change the fact that the other person is overweight. Where the hypocrisy comes in is in holding them to a standard you can't meet. For example, if you said you would never date someone because they were overweight, you can't turn around and complain when they do the same to you.

BTW, I like that name. The Forum Women Haters Club. Sure are a lot of members.
Agreed.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,330 times
I love women.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:50 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I love women.
Start your own club...I am sure it will be more popular than the hater club.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I love women.
And there's the right answer.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,115 times
Men for sure.... like oh my god, gag me with a spoon. I've had so many troll guy friends who thought they were too hot for their girlfriends and actually they look so much worse or at best equal. Then they dare complain to me about their girlfriends not being good looking enough. Like I'm gonna sympathize... I just carve them out a new one... barf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships