Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,970 times

Advertisements

I'm currently seeing someone. She is 1 year older than me (I'm 27) andis seperated with 2 kids. However the dad is still around a lot. He watches the kids when she's at work. We had our first real great talk last night. I've talked to her before but not in depth of last night.

She told me she has a lot of baggage but didn't elobarote. I'm just not sure how far to push things. I want to know but want her to open up about it and not pry. She still loves her but not in the sense of the relationship. She said she has her best friend back. I think I understand that because he is the father of her kids. Also she gave me a description that I think there's still abuse going on in the relationship. I REALLY really like her and love spending the time with her that I can. I find that the next day is dull after spending time with her and can't stop thinking about her. She told me last night that I have no idea how much I mean to her. I started making her feel like a woman again.

I'm just mainly looking for outside advice and to vent. Her phone got turned off last night and isn't sure when it will be back on. I offered to pay the bill but she refused any money. I just can't remember the last time I've felt like this, if ever, about a woman. I just have a hard time relaying my feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Oh, God... another knight on a white horse! Why are these messes so appealing to a young person?! It's a rhetorical question - a hot mommy, of course!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
MILFs for the Win!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:55 PM

222 posts, read 419,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarek View Post
I'm currently seeing someone. She is 1 year older than me (I'm 27) andis seperated with 2 kids. However the dad is still around a lot. He watches the kids when she's at work. We had our first real great talk last night. I've talked to her before but not in depth of last night.

She told me she has a lot of baggage but didn't elobarote. I'm just not sure how far to push things. I want to know but want her to open up about it and not pry. She still loves her but not in the sense of the relationship. She said she has her best friend back. I think I understand that because he is the father of her kids. Also she gave me a description that I think there's still abuse going on in the relationship. I REALLY really like her and love spending the time with her that I can. I find that the next day is dull after spending time with her and can't stop thinking about her. She told me last night that I have no idea how much I mean to her. I started making her feel like a woman again.

I'm just mainly looking for outside advice and to vent. Her phone got turned off last night and isn't sure when it will be back on. I offered to pay the bill but she refused any money. I just can't remember the last time I've felt like this, if ever, about a woman. I just have a hard time relaying my feelings.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarek View Post

Several thoughts... while I know this feels heady and wonderful to you, I fear you are ignoring a lot of red flags in favor of not thinking with your head... not the big one, at least. This woman is "separated" from this man? Translation: she's still married. And he is over there all the time watching the kids? Yeah, that doesn't sound separated at all to me.

She still loves him and she "has her best friend back" with him? There's a good chance they will reconcile, especially since they're still married and have two children together. Just makes everything easier. Then you offered to pay for her cell phone? Really? Wake up before you become the little puppy dog on the side, funneling money into this black hole while she stays with her husband and kids, using you for a little fun on the side you know, to "make her feel like a real woman.")

Look, I don't want to take the wind out of your sails, but what you are doing has disaster written all over it. If I were you, I would say goodbye to this girl, at least for the time being. I would tell her you find her fascinating and would love to see if there could be something between you two, but you aren't interested in anything but a real relationship. So if/when she gets a divorce, moves out completely (as in, they no longer have this symbiotic relationship), and has the space in her life for someone new? She should give you a call. Until then, she needs to use all her resources to get her life straightened out.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Several thoughts... while I know this feels heady and wonderful to you, I fear you are ignoring a lot of red flags in favor of not thinking with your head... not the big one, at least. This woman is "separated" from this man? Translation: she's still married. And he is over there all the time watching the kids? Yeah, that doesn't sound separated at all to me.

She still loves him and she "has her best friend back" with him? There's a good chance they will reconcile, especially since they're still married and have two children together. Just makes everything easier. Then you offered to pay for her cell phone? Really? Wake up before you become the little puppy dog on the side, funneling money into this black hole while she stays with her husband and kids, using you for a little fun on the side you know, to "make her feel like a real woman.")

Look, I don't want to take the wind out of your sails, but what you are doing has disaster written all over it. If I were you, I would say goodbye to this girl, at least for the time being. I would tell her you find her fascinating and would love to see if there could be something between you two, but you aren't interested in anything but a real relationship. So if/when she gets a divorce, moves out completely (as in, they no longer have this symbiotic relationship), and has the space in her life for someone new? She should give you a call. Until then, she needs to use all her resources to get her life straightened out.
Agreed... This has bad news written all over it.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 4,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post

Thanks, sometimes you just need to hear it from a person other than your own inner conflict.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:45 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, God... another knight on a white horse! Why are these messes so appealing to a young person?! It's a rhetorical question - a hot mommy, of course!
I was thinking more along the lines of having watched too much Oprah.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of having watched too much Oprah.
I wouldn't know, Johnny, as I don't watch it.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I wouldn't know, Johnny, as I don't watch it.
OMG. I think I'm in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships