Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 PM

45 posts, read 101,442 times

Advertisements

I have been dating a women whom I love dearly for 8 months now. Everything between us is absolutely perfect except for one thing. Her sexual history which is driving us apart! She had been with 14 guys @ 22 before me! I personally think this is way too many. The worst thing of it though is that 11 of them were not relationships : ( I don't know what to do to get over this. I have talked to her about it and told her how i feel but at the end of the day i just can't get over the fact that she has been with that many guys. Too make things worse, I'm taking a sex ed class in college right now where we have over 500 students taking the class. The breakdown of student is 50% juniors and 50% seniors in college. We all participated in a student survey for sexual history which revealed an average of 3-4 sexual partners for women. And also 95% of women in the class have fewer sexual partners than my girlfriend! It just hurts so bad to know she has given herself up to so many men. It hurts to know that she is more "slutty" than 95% of the other girls in my class. I am not holding double standard here either. Every single girl i have ever been with has met my parents and I have been in a relationship with. For the guys in my class, my own personal number hit one above the average for the class It hurts to know that she is shameful of her past and that she is upset with herself. I have tried being the bigger man in my position and have tried to get over this, but at the end of every day I just can't. It's too many men for me to take her seriously. Especially knowing 1 out of 5 people in the US have an STI!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure im going ot end things with her this weekend, but the last thing i want to do is make her feel bad for her past. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
If that freaks you out then maybe it is best that you let her go. How recent were these encounters? Has she been tested for stds?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Any woman I was with never had a sexual past beyond me. If it really bothers you walk away but you might be losing a really good woman.

I'm surprised she told you. There is no reason for someone to share all this information, maybe it will teach her a lesson to keep her mouth shut.

As you get older you'll find it's not that big of a factor. I hope you are not losing a genuine beautiful person, they are so hard to find.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 PM

She hasn't been tested no. To me she seems clean, but from the class we have learned you can't tell by just looking. She has been to the gyno and i had gotten fully tested before we began having sex. She said most of these encounters were over a year ago and that she is trying to change, but before we got together, she had two "recent" sex partners. Neither were relationships. I hate to sound old fashioned, but i guess her mentality towards sex is just too open. I feel like with her im getting something that has high mileage : ( I know i have been with other girls, but everyone of them was serious relationship.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,335 times
What was the average for the men in your class?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM

85 posts, read 153,900 times
At least she told you about it. Your next girlfriend may have had ten times as many guys, and you will never learn about it.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Grow up!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigsby2 View Post
She hasn't been tested no. To me she seems clean, but from the class we have learned you can't tell by just looking. She has been to the gyno and i had gotten fully tested before we began having sex. She said most of these encounters were over a year ago and that she is trying to change, but before we got together, she had two "recent" sex partners. Neither were relationships. I hate to sound old fashioned, but i guess her mentality towards sex is just too open. I feel like with her im getting something that has high mileage : ( I know i have been with other girls, but everyone of them was serious relationship.
then give the girl a chance and maybe leave sex out of it for a while?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM

Rakin, thats what im worried about. She is genuinely a beautiful person. It was so hard for her to tell me. She was so ashamed of it : ( I feel like with the whole issue, its up and down up and down. Sometimes i can deal with it, and sometimes it eats at me inside.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:56 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigsby2 View Post
I have been dating a women whom I love dearly for 8 months now. Everything between us is absolutely perfect except for one thing. Her sexual history which is driving us apart! She had been with 14 guys @ 22 before me! I personally think this is way too many. The worst thing of it though is that 11 of them were not relationships : ( I don't know what to do to get over this. I have talked to her about it and told her how i feel but at the end of the day i just can't get over the fact that she has been with that many guys. Too make things worse, I'm taking a sex ed class in college right now where we have over 500 students taking the class. The breakdown of student is 50% juniors and 50% seniors in college. We all participated in a student survey for sexual history which revealed an average of 3-4 sexual partners for women. And also 95% of women in the class have fewer sexual partners than my girlfriend! It just hurts so bad to know she has given herself up to so many men. It hurts to know that she is more "slutty" than 95% of the other girls in my class. I am not holding double standard here either. Every single girl i have ever been with has met my parents and I have been in a relationship with. For the guys in my class, my own personal number hit one above the average for the class It hurts to know that she is shameful of her past and that she is upset with herself. I have tried being the bigger man in my position and have tried to get over this, but at the end of every day I just can't. It's too many men for me to take her seriously. Especially knowing 1 out of 5 people in the US have an STI!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure im going ot end things with her this weekend, but the last thing i want to do is make her feel bad for her past. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You are reading too much into this. Having a lot of sexual partners does not mean anything except that your girlfriend enjoys sex. In today's society men are not thought of badly if they are promiscuous, but women are. This is an antiquated belief that what sits between a woman's legs is made of gold! Balderdash!

Kudos to the woman who can separate sex from love and is not afraid to go out there and have a good time. Most women are so messed up emotionally and psycologically because they have been lied to that "nice girls" don't enjoy sex, and they are accused of being cold in marriage when they cannot allow themselves to enjoy relations with their husband because of the stupid double standard.

Be so glad that you have an experienced woman who knows how to please you and MOST OF ALL - IS NOT AFRAID TO BE HONEST WITH YOU ABOUT HER PAST. She sounds like a fantastic person. You should thank your lucky stars.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships