Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Thank you all for your advice and kind words. As I stated before, I would do anything to keep this from happening, But I am simply dealing with an individual who is not rational, not fair-minded and, above all, not MATURE. She goes out of her way to start fights with me over absolutely nothing. I do not understand her mindset one bit. She is insane and has driven me crazy as well.

My friends have advised me not to leave the home, and I am not inclined to do so. But this woman is making this life impossible. I cannot live in the same house as her. It is simply hell.

I am looking for a place to live, while not in any way giving up a claim, legal or otherwise, to OUR house - ours, not hers. I'd rather move out than be in this hell. It seems as if I have no choice at this point.
I would check with an attorney before doing this. What if she tries to say you abandoned the home and your children? You can't do this halfway and expect to be protected. If you move out, plan on divorcing. If you are not, then stay put until she initiates it.

One way or the other, this misery and frustration has to come to a head. You can't live like this. It's not healthy for you or your children. Good luck to you my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 01:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Lucario, I've read your other threads and you have my sympathy and empathy. You've gotten some great advice - get a good lawyer and tell him/her that you want to avoid acrimony as much as possible without selling your soul, but and this is a big butt, where the kids are concerned, be clear and fight for them. Without badmouthing their mother, let them know you want them with you.

You claim your wife is irrational and immature. Is it beneficial for your kids to stay with her or would it be in their best interests for you to be primary custodial parent? It doesn't have to be that the kids are with their mother.

Whatever your decision, good luck with it.
I mean, she projects success and the like. She has done well in business and tries to come off as a community leader. But if you know her like I know her, the insanity comes out. She has tried to bait me into physical fights, has been extremely verbally and emotionally abusive, and has done and said some of the most petty, childish things to me. She has also lashed out at my older son when he tries to intercede (verbally) in our disputes (which I have told him not to do). I do think it would be in their best interest for me to be primary custodial parent, but I also know that she would fight that because she knows that is what I want. Like I said, she is very petty and vindictive.

I would settle for 50/50 joint custody, but I am not in any way willing for her to be the primary custodial parent.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I mean, she projects success and the like. She has done well in business and tries to come off as a community leader. But if you know her like I know her, the insanity comes out. She has tried to bait me into physical fights, has been extremely verbally and emotionally abusive, and has done and said some of the most petty, childish things to me. She has also lashed out at my older son when he tries to intercede (verbally) in our disputes (which I have told him not to do). I do think it would be in their best interest for me to be primary custodial parent, but I also know that she would fight that because she knows that is what I want. Like I said, she is very petty and vindictive.

I would settle for 50/50 joint custody, but I am not in any way willing for her to be the primary custodial parent.

All the more reason to beg, borrow or steal (not literally of course!) the money you need for the best lawyer you can find.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Good luck to the OP. It sounds like you have tried very hard to make it work. Threats and rage are no way to live.

My stbx is acting like he did nothing to warrant the divorce---sigh....The person will never change, unless they are a teen-ager.

The only advivce I could give is make peace with yourself. Dont put yourself through a legal hell either. Or at least, find a good experienced div. lawyer. who is no-nonsense. Divorce is painful enough. Legal battles are worse. Really sorry you are going through this, but in the end hopefully you will feel better. Can't put a price on sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships