Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 PM

332 posts, read 1,431,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
I just don't get it though. I've been asking out girls who I feel are more substantive and interesting and maybe not so much 'hotties' in the truest sense of that word, and am getting snubbed with the 'I have a boyfriend' line.

I've had really hot girls flirt with me in the past, trying to get me to ask them out and such, but I just wasn't interested because I'm looking for personality compatibility not just a **** partner, and these girls weren't that. I know for a fact that girls find me handsome, but still I can't seem to get any girl that I want to go out with, to actually agree with it (well they do agree to hang out, but they mention the BF when they do).

I see so many more ugly guys getting the good girls, when they don't even seem to have the gleaning personalities to attract them, yet for some reason, they score...meanwhile a good-looking, smart guy with a better job than most his age, and a bit unconventional in attitude and interests, cannot seem to get anything???

I might be handsome but I do admit to not being very 'normal' as I'm a high-risk kind of a guy, so maybe that scares away the girls??? Do I need to change my personality and act like a typical bore to get the girls? Just play dumb and act like I want the American Dream???
I hope this doesn't come off too crass, and please take it for what it is, randomness on an internet message board... but you answered your own question. Personality.

I'm just one person, one opinion, but here's how I interpreted your words.

Quote:
I'm super awesome. What is wrong with all of these girls that don't know I'm super awesome? All of those other guys are not awesome. Do I have to act as pathetic as the rest of the world in order to get a lady on my arm? I'm awesome.
You are self-aggrandizing a wee bit. If you come off to females as you did in this paragraph, their reactions could range from attraction (always a possibility) to "zomg, get away from me now."

It doesn't have to be a good/bad right/wrong situation. Just because you are single doesn't mean anything is wrong with you or them...

Good luck to you in your search. Stay strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 PM

115 posts, read 355,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformationPlease View Post
I hope this doesn't come off too crass, and please take it for what it is, randomness on an internet message board... but you answered your own question. Personality.

I'm just one person, one opinion, but here's how I interpreted your words.

You are self-aggrandizing a wee bit. If you come off to females as you did in this paragraph, their reactions could range from attraction (always a possibility) to "zomg, get away from me now."

It doesn't have to be a good/bad right/wrong situation. Just because you are single doesn't mean anything is wrong with you or them...

Good luck to you in your search. Stay strong.

Yeah, I don't act like 'I'm so awesome' when meeting girls, that post just typifies how I feel afterward.

These girls are not even trying to get away from me or anything either, they still would like to hang out with me, even after I made my original intentions clear and they, declined... so it seems to hang out 'as friends' is just fine for them. So, how can this be a personality issue if they like me as a person?

Which brings me back to my appearance which by all means shouldn't be holding me back, I mean, like I said before, many girls have been interested in me in the past - some have even flat-out told me - so how could my face be limiting me here? I'm average weight too, no belly-bulge at all.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck and coming onto the wrong girls but I can't help but feel that every good girl is already taken. Not to mention I have slim pickings to begin with, as I'm looking for a personality-mesh more than anything, I'd like a companion, not just somebody to ****.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,285 times
they are at home

Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,056,816 times
Quote:
Every girl I ask out says she is seeing someone or has a boyfriend and so that I'm now kind of losing faith. Granted, this past year I've only asked out 2 girls - but by judging this sample group I'm feeling a bit despondent.

I know girls sometimes say this when they're not interested in you, but how can you tell? These girls were extremely nice with me, willing to hang out and stuff, but then telling me that they're 'seeing someone'. I feel like everyone is taken, and I don't know where to find single girls...

Quit looking, be yourself, and enjoy life. Before you know it that special girl will fall in your lap.

I've always said that if you have to work at a relationship it will fall apart, but if you let it happen it will flourish.

busta

Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,056,816 times
Quote:
I just don't get it though. I've been asking out girls who I feel are more substantive and interesting and maybe not so much 'hotties' in the truest sense of that word, and am getting snubbed with the 'I have a boyfriend' line.

I've had really hot girls flirt with me in the past, trying to get me to ask them out and such, but I just wasn't interested because I'm looking for personality compatibility not just a **** partner, and these girls weren't that. I know for a fact that girls find me handsome, but still I can't seem to get any girl that I want to go out with, to actually agree with it (well they do agree to hang out, but they mention the BF when they do).

I see so many more ugly guys getting the good girls, when they don't even seem to have the gleaning personalities to attract them, yet for some reason, they score...meanwhile a good-looking, smart guy with a better job than most his age, and a bit unconventional in attitude and interests, cannot seem to get anything???

I might be handsome but I do admit to not being very 'normal' as I'm a high-risk kind of a guy, so maybe that scares away the girls??? Do I need to change my personality and act like a typical bore to get the girls? Just play dumb and act like I want the American Dream???

Do girls not appreciate "Weird" guys? Not creepy but weird.
Can I tell you something, They know how to talk with the ladies. Until you learn that you don't have a chance

busta

Old 05-13-2011, 07:43 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,134,327 times
Update:

They must, because My GF dumped me last night to go back to her Semi-Abusive Ex. (I'm hours away, he is not)

Went out to get her out of my system, afterwords, logged onto an online dating site and sent out some messages.

(I should say... I'm not what i consider shallow, but I am picky if you follow me)

Already got one date tomorrow night and another undetermined.

And that's not even working hard.

I'm not in bad shape or anything, but I'm no prize. Just make em laugh.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 PM

206 posts, read 768,740 times
are you insane and/or retarded?

there are tons of hot single girls in their twenties. MOST of my girlfriends are single and actively looking for a decent guy!

i am single and looking.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
No such thing a single woman in her 20's unless she wants to be single or is a mother or obese.
Or she is coyote Ugly-LOL

Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,824,569 times
Quote:
Every girl I ask out says she is seeing someone or has a boyfriend and so that I'm now kind of losing faith. Granted, this past year I've only asked out 2 girls - but by judging this sample group I'm feeling a bit despondent.

I know girls sometimes say this when they're not interested in you, but how can you tell? These girls were extremely nice with me, willing to hang out and stuff, but then telling me that they're 'seeing someone'. I feel like everyone is taken, and I don't know where to find single girls...
They don't all tell the truth. If she is not interested in you then she might say she is taken.

It does not matter if they are nice to you. Hanging out means nothing.

2 girls in 365 days of the year? You need to ask more.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:52 AM

545 posts, read 1,556,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
are you insane and/or retarded?

there are tons of hot single girls in their twenties. MOST of my girlfriends are single and actively looking for a decent guy!

i am single and looking.
Are you insane? Tons of my friends are decent guys but they're still single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships