Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM

766 posts, read 1,395,350 times

Advertisements

So I joined this other forum group. It's a general spectrum forum group that caters to a specific state. Next thing you know, I'm getting Private Messages from guys wanting to get to know me better. yada yada yada... you know the drill. LOL

I understand the whole "guys are visual creatures" thingy, but to ask for my picture on the 2nd message, I find rude. Maybe it's just me? These guys haven't even offered me their 1st names yet!

I'm thinking there should be some sort of etiquette about such. If you want to ask for my picture then.... offer YOUR picture? If you want to ask me for my picture, could we at least be on 1st name basis?

Is it just me, or should there be some sort of etiquette about such?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Post your pic, if you want a good answer.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,199 times
Er, it's the Internet....

Old 05-24-2011, 11:38 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
So I joined this other forum group. It's a general spectrum forum group that caters to a specific state. Next thing you know, I'm getting Private Messages from guys wanting to get to know me better. yada yada yada... you know the drill. LOL

I understand the whole "guys are visual creatures" thingy, but to ask for my picture on the 2nd message, I find rude. Maybe it's just me? These guys haven't even offered me their 1st names yet!

I'm thinking there should be some sort of etiquette about such. If you want to ask for my picture then.... offer YOUR picture? If you want to ask me for my picture, could we at least be on 1st name basis?

Well, according to Mr. Manners, women should only email their picture after the 3rd PM. And no naked pictures of their cats or dogs, please!! First name basis is not required if you have already made mention that you are "hot". However if you are uncertain about this you can PM me some of your photos and I will ascertain whether they meet the proper protocol for electronic transmission.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:39 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
Quote:

Are you giving off attention-seeking behavior from your posts?

Is this normal behavior/communication on this forum?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
So..you share your picture on a forum, PLUS, give them your first name, or is it that you send them an email of a picture of yourself, and then want to exchange names?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:02 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
First name for a picture?!? I don't even demand it for sex... relationship/marriage sure...but not if I was drunk in vegas :P

Seriosuly when you meet people in real life, I would suppose you see them before you shake hands and tell your names etc.

Names are over-rated btw... so many people share the same name anyways.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Are you giving off attention-seeking behavior from your posts?

Is this normal behavior/communication on this forum?
It wasn't THIS forum!

And attention-seeking? I received those Private Messages the very same day I signed up! I just mentioned that I'm moving to a particular city soon, and wondered about flooding issues.

Would you consider THAT attention-seeking? I certainly didn't join the site for online dating.

Guess I'm the only one that considers it rude. All well..

Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
Quote:
It wasn't THIS forum!

And attention-seeking? I received those Private Messages the very same day I signed up! I just mentioned that I'm moving to a particular city soon, and wondered about flooding issues.

Would you consider THAT attention-seeking? I certainly didn't join the site for online dating.

Guess I'm the only one that considers it rude. All well..
You inadvertently answered all my questions!

I should've said "on this forum you speak of".

Since it's a regular forum and you only pondered about flooding issues in the new city you are moving to --- then it is very rude, and imo creepy... hope you didn't send any pics!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:39 PM

I made mention of my moving to their town soon. Various members asked questions, and I answered them, as the thread went on. At some point, I mentioned my general age catagory, and that I'm single.

BAM!!!! I'm getting Private Messages from other single guys. (translation = fresh meat is moving to town)

They say how they are the same age and also single. They will help me with all my moving issues (finding a place to live, unloading the Uhaul, finding employment, etc) and then they say... BTW, you got a pic?

Back yrs ago I did try the online dating game for one month! I couldn't stand it any longer! It very much reminded me of the same thing. (translation = I don't want to know a damn thing about you, just pictures please)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships