Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:26 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
I think men take rejection just as bad as women.Men have to deal with it more because we're forced to in order to have a relationship or sex.Women put in almost no effort in the initial stage of dating(other than looking ok).This imbalence has always irked me and I hate the fact that womens atraction triggers are much more complex then mens.
I know. It really does bug. Women have been socially conditioned to believe that they're desperate when they initiate it (which I mentioned in another topic) which is why most won't make a move. I think both sexes should be able to initiate without anyone assuming anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 10:17 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
I guess it would depend on how much I liked him. If I thought he was "the one," I'd wait a long time.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:34 PM

175 posts, read 914,323 times
I don't think I would wait. I figure, if he likes me he'll ask me out. If he doesn't ask, he's not interested and, therefore, neither am I. I'll go out with the next guy who asks me because it proves he's interested.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:03 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I guess it would depend on how much I liked him. If I thought he was "the one," I'd wait a long time.
How long?

Old 05-30-2011, 01:04 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner View Post
I don't think I would wait. I figure, if he likes me he'll ask me out. If he doesn't ask, he's not interested and, therefore, neither am I. I'll go out with the next guy who asks me because it proves he's interested.
What if the guy was really interested and gave you lot of hints but he did not ask you out because you might reject him?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What if the guy was really interested and gave you lot of hints but he did not ask you out because you might reject him?
I've asked this question before and what you normally hear is "...well, I am the woman here so he should ask me out...it is a man's job to ask me out...a guy that doesn't take the initiative is no good...if he's a real man, he will ask me out...I might look as a bad girl if I dare myself to ask him out...what if I fail when I ask him out? no way, I won't ask him out..." and so on .

Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
If I really liked someone, I'd ask him out right away. I don't like waiting around.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
If I really liked someone, I'd ask him out right away. I don't like waiting around.
Cool! So how would you do that (ask for his number and give yours, send an email, send a text, in person, etc.)?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Cool! So how would you do that (ask for his number and give yours, send an email, send a text, in person, etc.)?
Depends on the situation. If I meet someone in person, I'll ask him if he'd like to hang out sometime (keep it casual but let him know that I'm interested at the same time...and that I'm NOT looking for a sexual fling). I don't do the online dating thing, and I'm not into social networking, so that really doesn't apply to me.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Depends on the situation. If I meet someone in person, I'll ask him if he'd like to hang out sometime (keep it casual but let him know that I'm interested at the same time...and that I'm NOT looking for a sexual fling). I don't do the online dating thing, and I'm not into social networking, so that really doesn't apply to me.
That’s good to keep your motives clear. When you say “I would ask a guy out” you mean as of telling him straight something like “So hey, how about this Saturday at X time? I want to take you to X place, you’ll love it” kind of thing, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships