Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times

Advertisements

Yes I'm very tired of seeing my DH over and over again...but I'll save that for another thread!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes I'm very tired of seeing my DH over and over again...but I'll save that for another thread!!
I think we can read "damn" here!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

It's all about the corniness of DEAR which flies in our faces ALL the time
(bolding mine) Geez, hon. Can you really be that jealous? What a spiteful reason not to want to see an abbreviation...get over it. Or be a great catch and get your own dear.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I guess, but I usually hear/see that word used in the context of a gay or lesbian relationship. It feels a little strange for me to use it.

This reminds me of a funny, slightly embarrassing story that I'm not going to share here. It's another part of why I don't use partner. LOL
I know. When I call my husband "my partner" it sounds so silly...like we're cops in the same car or something.

And calling him SO for significant other makes it sound as if we're living in sin. If only!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Antlered Chamataka, Thank you for bringing this up, not that it will do much good. Personally I would prefer people use the keys on their keyboard to type the letters of whatever they are trying to say out, so there would be no mistaking what was meant. Are we all in such a hurry we can't make it a bit more convenient for everyone to read? Anymore when I see a post with a bunch of abbreviations I don't bother to read it. I'm not a great speller, but I also make an effort to spell most of the words I write correctly. Now I need to work on writing something that makes sense...

Old 01-13-2012, 11:53 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Anyone else tired of seeing "DH" over and over???

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Shoot, and here I thought it meant d*ck head
I tried to rep you on this post, but couldn't, yep, have to pass it around...

Old 01-13-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Antlered Chamataka, Thank you for bringing this up, not that it will do much good. Personally I would prefer people use the keys on their keyboard to type the letters of whatever they are trying to say out, so there would be no mistaking what was meant. Are we all in such a hurry we can't make it a bit more convenient for everyone to read? Anymore when I see a post with a bunch of abbreviations I don't bother to read it. I'm not a great speller, but I also make an effort to spell most of the words I write correctly. Now I need to work on writing something that makes sense...
Really, Nite Ryder? Because all of *two* posts ago, literally...you used "OP" for "original poster". Or isn't that an abbreviation? (Somebody had to say it! And I just randomly picked an abbreviation-complainer, too. Bingo, LOL. You sillies...)

No, I think AC was one of the honest ones here in saying that it's the affection in the word "dear" that bugs him so much.

Or has nobody here ever written OP, SO, FWIW, IOW, IMO...etc.?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I think its about the "dear"... Dear Daughter, Dear Husband, Dear MIL... can't be just... husband, daughter, MIL, son etc?? That "dear" wears thin after a while.

"...it's the affection in the word "dear" that bugs him so much..." yep - its like someone would always say: my lovely husband, my wonderful son... over and over again...

Old 01-14-2012, 01:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
there are women that appreciate a hubby.
hubbies are indeed useful as many that have dumped them have found out.
when the settlement runs out the garbage still needs to be taken out and the yard work to be done.
a few years pass and he doesnt seem to be a monster anymore does he?
for us ex hubbies its tough being a frog again after being promoted to handsome prince.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:34 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
^^^ yes, but that kind of affection should stay at home. When someone repeats "I love you" every few minutes, the word will lose the meaning and impact when overused. (semantic satiation)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships