Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times

Advertisements

I met a guy 10 months ago. He had no job and was on disability because he has had a corneal transplant, and cannot see well. Plus, he has a criminal record (white collar) that will hold him back from the type of job he wants. However, he was a friend of a friend of mine that I regard highly, so i gave him a shot.

Started off okay. Nice, romantic, etc. then his colors showed. Very demanding. Always wanted things his way. Told me I didnt dress right, wear my hair right, etc. If I said black, he would say white just to have that control. He is a bible thumper, and would always throw Jesus this and Jesus that at me.

Then, he started slowly asking me for money here and there. I picked up his clothes from the TAILOR(i dont even get my clothes tailored and i work) which cost me $60 bucks. I have picked up groceries for him, fixed his computer, bought him a scanner/printer, a shredder, MP3 player, etc over the 10 months. If we go out to dinner, movies, etc I ALWAYS pay.
Plus, because of his eyes, he cannot drive, and I drive him everywhere.

Took him hiking with me this past Sat. Bought him $40 dollars worth of hiking clothes the day before. After the hike, we were supposed to go out to dinner/movie with friends, but the day before he told me he wasnt going. The day of the hike he changed his mind. I told him I couldnt afford to pay for me and him this time. So i went to the dinner/movie without him. I had really wanted to go, plus i had told a friend of mine to go and bring the kids, so..I would feel stupid not being there.

The next day my guy tells me that If I didnt have the money to pay for him, then I shouldnt have gone either. A couple of his friends agreed. I was like..are you KIDDING ME? What do you think about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Tell him to take a hike. Alone.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,300 times
I think he sounds like a mooch. I don't see what you're getting out of the relationship. I can understand partners doing things for each other, and I can see you doing some extra favors/errands because of his disability, but it sounds like he's taken it much too far and is content to take advantage of you and mooch off of you. I can't see why you would stay in this relationship.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 PM

175 posts, read 914,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
I think he sounds like a mooch. I don't see what you're getting out of the relationship. I can understand partners doing things for each other, and I can see you doing some extra favors/errands because of his disability, but it sounds like he's taken it much too far and is content to take advantage of you and mooch off of you. I can't see why you would stay in this relationship.
Agreed! Move on...you deserve better.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Told me I didnt dress right, wear my hair right, etc.
Why would anyone take fashion advice from a blind person..

Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Searching for the loser emoticon........

Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
In your post lies your answer, you didn't have one good thing to say about him.
BTW, since you are not married you are not obligated to take him anywhere. Of course his friends would agree.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:06 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Tell him "It's been real Bubba. But I have no more to give. But dont worry. Jesus will take care of you."

Old 05-31-2011, 04:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
What do you think about that?
What do you think? C`mon..seriously? This has been going on for almost a year, and you are still with him?

Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM

77 posts, read 151,884 times
What do I think? I think you must be desperate, extremely kind, or crazily in love to keep going out with this guy for almost a year. I wouldn't have put up with that type of behavior from the first date, if I was in your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships