Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,572,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm confused..... the last couple of yrs, my political stances have been shaken....

I basically don't what the f to believe anymore...

I believe in self reliance, but then I believe in a help up...... I believe in no government assistance.... I also don't believe that man will do the right thing, hence the need for government, but I believe government screws things up.... IDK... I'm a hot mess lately.....

Cancel the above.....
You be what is known as a moderate, someone who does not restrict theirself to a rigid philosophy.
Problem being too many left & right wingers think their way is the only way.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Believe nothing but yourself.
Ah, yes, but the person we typically lie to the most is ourselves.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ugh!! BOA changed their checking accounts and now I'll have checking fees of $12 per month because my direct deposit per check won't be $250 or more. As a waitress, my base check will never be that much. Chase is the same. Any other ideas for a big bank that's got a good free checking?? Such a shame because I've been with BOA for many, many years. TIA
Ugh, I wish people with computers would use them. Just do a simple internet search. This isn't a new news revelation.

"Chase said that on Feb. 8 it will be enrolling new customers in a new Total Checking account and charging them a $12 monthly maintenance fee.

Similarly, Bank of America announced that by the end of the year it would restructure its checking accounts and implement new monthly fees, ranging from $8.95 to $25. And unless you analyze its four new checking offerings carefully to find the one that best fits your spending habits, you could end up paying anywhere between $100 and $300 extra in fees per year."

Slay new checking account fees - Jan. 7, 2011

Just type in no bank fees accounts or free checking or "Other Topics."

Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've almost always done google, and I've done few searches with Yahoo, but nothing with Bing, or AskJeeves or anything like that.

Google's just...Well, better. Just a better search engine.
Ha! Is good ol' Jeeves still alive...? I remember asking him a lot, but that was in the last millennium, I believe.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,561,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Google is funded by the capitalistic pigs that dominate and keep their foot on the neck of the oppressed.....

LOL, I kid......

sorta......
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Wells Fargo maybe? Under the former Wachovia banner Wachovia used to have free checking programs.
Nope. Wells Fargo is doing the same thing, except they are only charging $7. I believe the direct deposit has to be $500 to avoid the charge. That isn't a problem for me so I won't have to pay a fee, but it's the principle. Wells Fargo is also trying out a new fee in certain states...$3 a month to have a debit card. I believe it will soon be time for me to drop those bastards and go back to a credit union. I almost did that last year, but then I decided to move out of state so I had to close my credit union account and stay with these jerks.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Wells Fargo is also trying out a new fee in certain states...$3 a month to have a debit card.
They better not try such crap 'cause they may become Farewells Fargo.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:56 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,981 times
I use a local bank. They don't have any good deals or fancy offerings. They also don't charge fees and they actually know my name when I walk in. Sometimes it's the little things that keep you around.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
They better not try such crap 'cause they may become Farewells Fargo.
They will be soon for me, I think! If I wasn't too lazy to change all of the automatic payments I have set up, it would have happened a long time ago. I ended up with them by default, and I have not been impressed over the years.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I use a local bank. They don't have any good deals or fancy offerings. They also don't charge fees and they actually know my name when I walk in. Sometimes it's the little things that keep you around.
In my experience, the smaller, local credit unions have better deals anyway. The only advantage of a bigger bank I see is more widely available ATM machines.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
They will be soon for me, I think! If I wasn't too lazy to change all of the automatic payments I have set up, it would have happened a long time ago. I ended up with them by default, and I have not been impressed over the years.
Yeah, the automatic payments are kind of a PITA to change. I have every possible payment of this type on a credit card because of the cash-back in addition to the convenience. Unfortunately, I don't have such an option with the electric and water bill. The mortgage is another unfortunate story. It can certainly contribute to the cash-back quite a bit! I can see why they don't want to pay the credit card companies, but it's like one hand paying the other anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships