Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Djuna already addressed the whole "giving" thing. There are plenty of threads on here that also express male displeasure with the, ah, princessy attitude that sex should be considered a "gift." What, if he's a bad boy you'll leave him a lump of coal?

But about your claim that there is no cure for "most" diseases, take it from someone who gets paid to know about such things: You are wrong.

There is no cure for the 3 H's: HIV/AIDS, herpes, and the various strains of HPV.

For everything else, there are antibiotics. Read up.

Also, for those who say they've had multiple partners but never had an STD. I adore you, but more than half of sexually active adults get some form of HPV in their lifetimes. It's just that of the 40+ strains, most cause no symptoms and clear the body in a couple of years, leaving their carriers unaware of ever having been infected. The HPV strains to worry about are the ones that cause genital warts, as those are also the ones associated with cervical cancer.
Pretty balanced analogy. Kudos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
aren't you a virgin?? No offense, but listening to your opinions on sex is like listening to Stevie Wonder's opinions on driving cars.
That legitimately made me lol.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:35 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Nothing is safe in the world. Step outside, and a car can run up the curb and hit you. Eat at a fancy restaurant contaminated with E.coli, and elderly people can die. Drinking too much Redbull can cause heart attacks. Casual sex isn't as bad as some make it out to be. The underlying message I get from a thread like this is - "It's immoral to have casual sex, I'm abstinent, and I would like you to praise me for it. Curse all the sinners who aren't like me."
True that you can have problems stepping outside in the world...but choosing a very dangerously inherent lifestyle where if youre lucky you only come away with a temporary STD and at worse a permanent one or even loosing your life over...seems like something that would cause great concern instead of just continuing to charge ahead making the excuse that 'you could hit by a car crossing the road' . I dont think theres any underlying message that its immoral...I think everyone knows full well that it is but simply dont care (or about the consequences) . What if there were a better way to live your life...would you want to know about it ?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I dont think theres any underlying message that its immoral...I think everyone knows full well that it is but simply dont care (or about the consequences) . What if there were a better way to live your life...would you want to know about it ?
I applaud your chutzpah, if not your logic...

Old 06-04-2011, 01:48 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Honestly, the only "safe sex" is NO sex. Even if you think you're in a monogamous relationship, you have no idea what your partner is doing all day/night unless you're right next to them at all times.

I met a woman once when I was volunteering at an HIV/AIDS education seminar and she got infected because her "monogamous" fiancee decided to have a bachelor party before the wedding and had sex with some of the females at the party. He became infected with HIV and passed it along to the woman. She was a virgin on her wedding night.

I would always take precautions. You have no clue who your partner has been with or what your partner is doing when he/she is not with you.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:48 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth
aren't you a virgin?? No offense, but listening to your opinions on sex is like listening to Stevie Wonder's opinions on driving cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That legitimately made me lol.
Me too, hahahaha

Old 06-04-2011, 04:27 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
There's no such thing as safe sex. Just safer sex.

People call protected sex "safe sex" when really it's just safer compared to unprotected sex.

The only 100% safe, foolproof method is abstinence.

Any time you have sex, you're taking a risk. Therefore, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:42 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Funny you should mention that.

I am 47 years old and I have slept with plenty of men and women in my life but golly gosh...no STDs and no unwanted babies.

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones...or safe ones...or just one of the countless millions of people who have never contracted a disease or become pregnant.

There are no guarantees in life but there are antibiotics and there are abortions in most countries, you know, for those little "oopsie" babies.
You have kids. Apparently they were planned.

But even if you didn't want kids, it might of happened anyway.

I find it laughable when people with kids try to prove a point about sex to people that don't want kids.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:46 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

I find it laughable when people with kids try to prove a point about sex to people that don't want kids.
Yeah.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

What does wanting kids or having kids have anything to do with proving a point about children? Your logic eludes me.

And damn right my kids were planned. If I had an unwanted pregnancy I would have had an abortion.

Stay a virgin city-data91 and the world will thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships