Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times

Advertisements

I would recommend showing some attention that doesn't involve jealousy. What about hobbies you both enjoy or something you both like to do, but make it more of a "special" event for her, sometimes? Could it be that she felt a little neglected in her previous relationship and discovered a "coping mechanism" that sometimes works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

I swear so many people on this board are living a life of disney where every good looking girl is a horrible jerk, and only the fat ugly women can be the ones good at heart.

^^^ This is exactly the type of comment I made to my ex when he dumped me for not being perfect. He seems to have the idea that only unnattractive women deserve a chance. While hating the pretty women because a few turned him down. Well I didn't, so he shouldn't take it out on me!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 AM

165 posts, read 372,129 times
I definitely broke up with her, and I believe I mentioned that earlier in the thread. It was really bittersweet, because I enjoyed her company, I just didn't enjoy the drama that eventually came along with it.

Anyway the first few days after the break up she texted, but then it died off and I didn't hear from her for a while, and I figured that was that. Then last night out of the blue I get this extremely long email from her all about how she has been heartbroken, misses me, and knows that she can change if I give her a second chance. She even said that she has not been on a single date since we broke up, which seems hard to believe.

Well, I am probably being stupid, but I am tempted to ask her to dinner or something to at least talk and see what she has to say Yeah, I am probably going to regret this, but I might regret not finding out what happens even more. Also, I can imagine that it took a lot of courage to come back weeks after a break up and say yeah I screwed up, I can fix it, please give me another chance. I know I could have never done that, and it kind of gives me the feeling that she is serious about being with me.

One potential problem is that I have been dating other women, and I'm not going to lie about it. We shall see.

Last edited by Dis99; 06-28-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis99 View Post
I am currently dating a very beautiful girl. Whenever we go out in public, no matter where it is, she turns every single head in the room. Guys check her out casually (mostly) and women just stare. I am confident in myself, and I am able to handle being out in public with an attractive lady on my arm, and I don't really feel threatened by people appreciating what I have as long as it doesn't get crazy. But for some reason this girl wants me to start trouble with every guy that glances her way. "Oh he looked at me, what are you going to do about it?" Honestly, if I tried to fight every guy that looked her way I would constantly be in trouble. I enjoy her company, but this is getting to be too much.

So I am looking for advice.

She sound very immature..how old is she 15? Why do you want someone that immature? She may be pretty, but her insides are extremely ugly..

DUMP HER

Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Walk away. If you can't walk, run. If you can't run, fly.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Also I should have mentioned that this pretty much started when we took a trip to Disney World. Long story short - We were enjoying our day in the park and we were standing in line for something and next thing I know she flips out because apparently this old man was literally video taping her while we were standing there. Now this particular incident pissed me off as well and I had words with the guy. Ever since then it's been downhill.
Dude, again, I apologize.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Quote:
I definitely broke up with her, and I believe I mentioned that earlier in the thread. It was really bittersweet, because I enjoyed her company, I just didn't enjoy the drama that eventually came along with it.

Anyway the first few days after the break up she texted, but then it died off and I didn't hear from her for a while, and I figured that was that. Then last night out of the blue I get this extremely long email from her all about how she has been heartbroken, misses me, and knows that she can change if I give her a second chance. She even said that she has not been on a single date since we broke up, which seems hard to believe.

Well, I am probably being stupid, but I am tempted to ask her to dinner or something to at least talk and see what she has to say Yeah, I am probably going to regret this, but I might regret not finding out what happens even more. Also, I can imagine that it took a lot of courage to come back weeks after a break up and say yeah I screwed up, I can fix it, please give me another chance. I know I could have never done that, and it kind of gives me the feeling that she is serious about being with me.

One potential problem is that I have been dating other women, and I'm not going to lie about it. We shall see.
Are you serious man?

You broke up with a great girl because of this?

A simple "I don't have a problem with people staring at us. I'm comfortable with who I am and the way I look, and you should be too. If people want to stare, it's their problem" would have sufficed.

She's young and beautiful with insecurities. It's your job to be the man in that relationship and show her that you'll be there for her and protect her, but not in unnecessary ways.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:27 AM

165 posts, read 372,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Are you serious man?

You broke up with a great girl because of this?

A simple "I don't have a problem with people staring at us. I'm comfortable with who I am and the way I look, and you should be too. If people want to stare, it's their problem" would have sufficed.

She's young and beautiful with insecurities. It's your job to be the man in that relationship and show her that you'll be there for her and protect her, but not in unnecessary ways.
Uh yeah I had that conversation like 10 times before I broke up with her man and it certainly didn't suffice. It's not like it happened once or twice. It was a constant ongoing thing.

But after the break up she has came back and said she was totally in the wrong and would like to work things out so we'll see what happens.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,308 times
Quote:

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER DANGER!!!

Do not go back to The Crazy!!!

She has not changed in the intervening time. It's been only a few weeks. You don't change insecurity or manipulativeness in a matter of weeks. It takes months of consistent work to get there.

You fed her ego. She wants you back to keep feeding her ego. And since you broke it off last time, she'll punish you for it this time.

If you meet up with her, she will be on good behavior for a short time. Then one of two things will happen: 1.) ALL The Crazy will come out, and she'll say "You knew what I was like, so you have no right to complain," or 2.) she'll dump you out of revenge.

Do not go back to The Crazy!!!

Hang tough. Be strong. Spare yourself the insanity.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Quote:
Uh yeah I had that conversation like 10 times before I broke up with her man and it certainly didn't suffice. It's not like it happened once or twice. It was a constant ongoing thing.

But after the break up she has came back and said she was totally in the wrong and would like to work things out so we'll see what happens.
Dude, someone who is that insecure is best not to go back to. You did the right thing by running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships