Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 03:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,219 times

Advertisements

So here is the situation..I live in Las Vegas and she lives in San Diego. She came to visit with a few of my friends ( ex co workers ) 4 weeks ago. As soon as we arrived at the club, she started to hit on me. Because all of our friends were around us, I tried to slow her down a little bit but she was very agressive...Later on, we started to make out and spent the rest of the night together, just chatting, getting to know each other and kissing...It was very nice. She kept begging me not to tell everyone as she works with most of them and if things would progress we would just make things officlal which was no problem for me. The whole time she kept asking me why I do not have a girlfriend, personaly questions about me and we just could not stop kissing.
She left and I called her two days later to see how she was doing and tell her that I would love to see her again. She texts me the next day and just say hi and hope I am doing well. I text her back the next day ( it was late when I got her text and was in bed by then )..Nothing.. A week pass and I was going to San Diego to see friends and figured I would text her one more time to let her know that I was in town and that I would love to see her if she is available. Nothing.. So I figured I would just give up. She probably used me as a Vegas fun bag....

I spend my weekend in San Diego and the friends I am staying with tell me that they are invited to a BBQ and that I should come as two other friends would be there. We arrive and I realize I am at her house ! Instead of being awkward, we both stayed cool and friendly to each other as if nothing happened...
The afternoon goes by and at one point we are on the couch next to each other and she whisper to me that she is very sorry she never got back to me, that she feels like an ******* and she thanks me for being so nice to her the whole afternoon. She asked me if I hated her and I said of course not, I was just confused as to why I never heard from her but we are cool, things happen.. She tells me that a guy like me can do a lot better than her and that I would be a dumb ass if I liked her to which I reply that I am ok being a dumbass and I am the judge of who I like and not like... She kissed me on the cheek.. I look at her and she starts to kiss me.. We are making out on the couch and I guess our friends so that and took off to leave us alone...

I now realize that I am left alone in the house with her... I tell her that I was going to take a cab. She looks at me and ask me to stay...

We have a drink, she fixes a quick dinner and we are making out on the couch, watching movies, talking about work ( I used to be the GM of the restaurant she works at now but never worked with her ). She tells me that she's been thinking about moving to Vegas etc..

We spent the rest of the night making out, snuggling.. it was nice...

At 5am, I had to leave to take a cab and head back to Vegas... I get ready, go by the bed to get a kiss goodbye.. She is sleeping so I kiss her, say bye and say " I ll see you soon I hope " to which she replies " yes ".

My question is.. what is her deal? When do I text this one or call her? She is very confusing to me... sends mixed signals.. She never replied my texts the first time.. yet lets me stay with her when I accidentally arrive at her place? One would think that if she did not like me, she would have asked me to leave when I told her i was going to call a cab?

I do not know.. I am a little host and would love any advise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 03:38 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
back off with the texts....

actions speak louder than words or texts...sounds like you got something there....but give her time/space..

to me...if she told you she is moving to vegas,,,,she is measuring your response,,,maybe she didnt like your response..

when two jump in bed quickly.....its like eating the desert, without making dinner...
the desert is sex and making dinner is "life"
you cant subsist very long on just desert...... and life gets very complicated .. if thats all you want..deserts

Old 08-15-2013, 04:51 AM

577 posts, read 663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysurf12 View Post
So here is the situation..I live in Las Vegas and she lives in San Diego. She came to visit with a few of my friends ( ex co workers ) 4 weeks ago. As soon as we arrived at the club, she started to hit on me. Because all of our friends were around us, I tried to slow her down a little bit but she was very agressive...Later on, we started to make out and spent the rest of the night together, just chatting, getting to know each other and kissing...It was very nice. She kept begging me not to tell everyone as she works with most of them and if things would progress we would just make things officlal which was no problem for me. The whole time she kept asking me why I do not have a girlfriend, personaly questions about me and we just could not stop kissing.
She left and I called her two days later to see how she was doing and tell her that I would love to see her again. She texts me the next day and just say hi and hope I am doing well. I text her back the next day ( it was late when I got her text and was in bed by then )..Nothing.. A week pass and I was going to San Diego to see friends and figured I would text her one more time to let her know that I was in town and that I would love to see her if she is available. Nothing.. So I figured I would just give up. She probably used me as a Vegas fun bag....

I spend my weekend in San Diego and the friends I am staying with tell me that they are invited to a BBQ and that I should come as two other friends would be there. We arrive and I realize I am at her house ! Instead of being awkward, we both stayed cool and friendly to each other as if nothing happened...
The afternoon goes by and at one point we are on the couch next to each other and she whisper to me that she is very sorry she never got back to me, that she feels like an ******* and she thanks me for being so nice to her the whole afternoon. She asked me if I hated her and I said of course not, I was just confused as to why I never heard from her but we are cool, things happen.. She tells me that a guy like me can do a lot better than her and that I would be a dumb ass if I liked her to which I reply that I am ok being a dumbass and I am the judge of who I like and not like... She kissed me on the cheek.. I look at her and she starts to kiss me.. We are making out on the couch and I guess our friends so that and took off to leave us alone...

I now realize that I am left alone in the house with her... I tell her that I was going to take a cab. She looks at me and ask me to stay...

We have a drink, she fixes a quick dinner and we are making out on the couch, watching movies, talking about work ( I used to be the GM of the restaurant she works at now but never worked with her ). She tells me that she's been thinking about moving to Vegas etc..

We spent the rest of the night making out, snuggling.. it was nice...

At 5am, I had to leave to take a cab and head back to Vegas... I get ready, go by the bed to get a kiss goodbye.. She is sleeping so I kiss her, say bye and say " I ll see you soon I hope " to which she replies " yes ".

My question is.. what is her deal? When do I text this one or call her? She is very confusing to me... sends mixed signals.. She never replied my texts the first time.. yet lets me stay with her when I accidentally arrive at her place? One would think that if she did not like me, she would have asked me to leave when I told her i was going to call a cab?

I do not know.. I am a little host and would love any advise...
Believe her!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 AM

157 posts, read 253,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
Believe her!
"She tells me that a guy like me can do a lot better than her and that I would be a dumb ass if I liked her"

I agree!

OP should believe her. She just gave you a BIG hint. I did that too when I was younger. Something I was and am not very proud of. The question you should ask yourself is not whether she likes you or not, but do you feel that she respects you? If she respects you, she will not do that to you.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? You were a fling.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 AM

320 posts, read 539,020 times
I would definitely ease up on the texts and phone calls to her. I learned a long time ago that if something is important to someone they are always able to find time to do it. If she doesn't return your texts or calls then it's a sign to me that at this time you're not very high on the totem pole. From what you've written, she strikes me as the type that enjoys the company of guys who can boost her self esteem. The fact that she has told you she believes you can do better than her and would be crazy to like her should already let you know that she doesn't think very highly of herself. Either that or it's her way of dropping you a hint that a relationship isn't going to be in the cards.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't put all of my eggs into this basket. At the very least this girl seems pretty flakey. It's not that difficult to return a quick text, even if it's just to let you know that she will give you a call back when she's not so busy. A red flag should be raised anytime communication is one-sided. I'm not saying that a future relationship with her is totally out of the question, but I do have my doubts. My guess is that she occasionally needs a guy to boost her ego and you happened to be at the right place at the right time (twice).

Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
She is not interested. The minute someone tells you you can do better than them, it means they don't want you but are being nice. Attraction is on a sliding scale and although you can tell that she has some attraction to you, there has to be a certain level there in order to get good treatment (sad but true for both genders) and its not enough from her although there is some there. The distance could also be a factor for her. I say scrap this one.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 AM

87 posts, read 105,349 times
She's telling you I'm womanese that's she's not really into you. If she was you'd have 1. Had sex with her in the ample opportunities you've had and 2. Be texting you.

When she told you you'd be stupid to like her and you said you'd be ok being stupid or dumbass or whatever you said, two things happened. 1. She told you in girlspeak that she's not interested in you but tried to spare your feelings and 2. You laid all your cards on the table and basically told her your head over heels for her.

You're dead in the water dude, walk.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:08 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Call her. If she flubs or you get voicemail and she doesn't call you back then you have your answer. Simple.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:56 AM

523 posts, read 840,141 times
woman player...you are ok to have some with if you are right there but not enough to keep in touch with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships