Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

Ignore all the naysayers. There's no problem here. Just let it develop and go with the flow. If she wasn't interested in you she could have easily avoided being on the couch next to you in a house full of people. Or let you take your cab earlier when you offered.

There could be umpteen reasons why she never answered your texts or calls. Based on her comments, maybe she just has low self esteem and figured you weren't going to stay interested in her so why get her hopes up? Or she wanted to see if you would be persistent and chase her a bit. Or she was just busy and forgot until it would have been awkward to reply. Or something else entirely. It's pointless to analyze words and actions because 9 times out of 10 you'll just get it wrong and generate needless stress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 AM

223 posts, read 732,446 times
If she wanted to be with you she'd be with you. Run away and forget her. Waaay too much drama.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:28 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin4us View Post
If she wanted to be with you she'd be with you. Run away and forget her. Waaay too much drama.
The only drama I see here is what the OP made.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Generally speaking, I'd go with the "she's not that into you" theory.

However, as a side note, some people are just notoriously horrible at checking/returning messages.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM

87 posts, read 105,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The only drama I see here is what the OP made.
He would have closed deal if she wanted him. She knows he wants her and she's just giving him enough interest to keep him strung along.

Know when to walk. Many women love having men chase even with no intention of being "caught".

Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
You saw each other at a club and at a party.

Sorry, but this is nothing real or serious. That goes twice over if there was booze involved.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
you made out all night but you didn't push the action forward? you slept in her bed and didn't get in her panties? it sounds like she just wanted the D and you didn't even give her that. honestly, I think you only chance you had at getting to know her better was to rock her world in the sack, and that obviously didn't happen. I'd tell her straight up exactly what I said here, and then never talk to her again (you aren't likely to ever hear from her again anyway, but maybe she'll appreciate the honesty).

Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
The only way to be happy in your situation is be in the same frame of mind she is in. Out of sight, out of mind. No need to text or call if you aren't seeing each other at the moment. But if you just happen to be sitting on the same couch or in the same club, hey why not have a little fun? If you want anything more than that, you'll probably be disappointed.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysurf12 View Post
So here is the situation..I live in Las Vegas and she lives in San Diego. She came to visit with a few of my friends ( ex co workers ) 4 weeks ago. As soon as we arrived at the club, she started to hit on me. Because all of our friends were around us, I tried to slow her down a little bit but she was very agressive...Later on, we started to make out and spent the rest of the night together, just chatting, getting to know each other and kissing...It was very nice. She kept begging me not to tell everyone as she works with most of them and if things would progress we would just make things officlal which was no problem for me. The whole time she kept asking me why I do not have a girlfriend, personaly questions about me and we just could not stop kissing.
She left and I called her two days later to see how she was doing and tell her that I would love to see her again. She texts me the next day and just say hi and hope I am doing well. I text her back the next day ( it was late when I got her text and was in bed by then )..Nothing.. A week pass and I was going to San Diego to see friends and figured I would text her one more time to let her know that I was in town and that I would love to see her if she is available. Nothing.. So I figured I would just give up. She probably used me as a Vegas fun bag....

I spend my weekend in San Diego and the friends I am staying with tell me that they are invited to a BBQ and that I should come as two other friends would be there. We arrive and I realize I am at her house ! Instead of being awkward, we both stayed cool and friendly to each other as if nothing happened...
The afternoon goes by and at one point we are on the couch next to each other and she whisper to me that she is very sorry she never got back to me, that she feels like an ******* and she thanks me for being so nice to her the whole afternoon. She asked me if I hated her and I said of course not, I was just confused as to why I never heard from her but we are cool, things happen.. She tells me that a guy like me can do a lot better than her and that I would be a dumb ass if I liked her to which I reply that I am ok being a dumbass and I am the judge of who I like and not like... She kissed me on the cheek.. I look at her and she starts to kiss me.. We are making out on the couch and I guess our friends so that and took off to leave us alone...

I now realize that I am left alone in the house with her... I tell her that I was going to take a cab. She looks at me and ask me to stay...

We have a drink, she fixes a quick dinner and we are making out on the couch, watching movies, talking about work ( I used to be the GM of the restaurant she works at now but never worked with her ). She tells me that she's been thinking about moving to Vegas etc..

We spent the rest of the night making out, snuggling.. it was nice...

At 5am, I had to leave to take a cab and head back to Vegas... I get ready, go by the bed to get a kiss goodbye.. She is sleeping so I kiss her, say bye and say " I ll see you soon I hope " to which she replies " yes ".

My question is.. what is her deal? When do I text this one or call her? She is very confusing to me... sends mixed signals.. She never replied my texts the first time.. yet lets me stay with her when I accidentally arrive at her place? One would think that if she did not like me, she would have asked me to leave when I told her i was going to call a cab?

I do not know.. I am a little host and would love any advise...

What?!
This woman is basically all but short of screaming at you, "I WANT YOU!!"

This is a hook up situation, and you MUST have white knight tendencies.
See it for what it is. Have fun with her or leave her alone.
Even I would he able to read that she wants to hook up, you had 2 green lights, and you stopped both times.

Dude, FAIL.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Yeah I only read the first half of the OP, not the second half. Maybe the OP can tell us whose idea it was to make out and that's it (twice), his or hers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships