Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:38 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Sadly enough if we cant tell the 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s women to go to the gym and loose some wieght off that caboose. I don't know why non attractive women who are out of shape prefer a man to be fit. It boggels my mind. I go to the gym often. The gym only made my chest big, I look too much of an alpha male especially in a city where many women are perfering metro sexual type of guys or even guys that are smaller then them and avoiding alpha males all together.
Men are just as delusional, in my age group anyway (40+). I am contacted online by fat men quite often, ones who feel they are too good to date their female equivalent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 11:39 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I didn't really find that in my early 20's, but I'd be doing it just to add a bit of shape to my upper body in particular.

I'm 6'5 and just over 200lbs - I need to add at least 20lbs to look at least somewhat normal.
That's because early 20s is a very tough time for men to date. In your 30s you will see a major improvement to your dating life when you go back to working out.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Huh?

You must be an ectomorph. Eating the right amount regularly and lifting weights again will certainly improve your chances with women because of the increase in testosterone, because you will look more appealing, and yes you will sleep better.
I already have the body. I already have the testosterone of three men. If it's not the right kind of testosterone, it's a lost cause. No, I'm not shaving my body hair. No, I'm not going to a opera. No, I'm not selling anything because it frightens you. What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it. Most choose to leave it. They can't handle me.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, sweetie. What's not working for you are posts like these that make you sound uneducated.
The 'wrong kind of testosterone'? What does that even mean?
Much of what he says makes no sense. It's like he's talking in code or something

Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,611,217 times
Not a musclehead here, but a fit guy who enjoys working out and being in great shape. It does SO MUCH MORE than what oyu can see with a naked eye. It makes you a healthier, happier, more enrgetic, more self-confident, more outgoing, and a list of other benefits that surpass the physical.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Not a musclehead here, but a fit guy who enjoys working out and being in great shape. It does SO MUCH MORE than what oyu can see with a naked eye. It makes you a healthier, happier, more enrgetic, more self-confident, more outgoing, and a list of other benefits that surpass the physical.
Exactly. And those are all things that make women more attracted to you. It's not really rocket science like some make it out to be.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I may end up hitting the gym just to at least try to improve my body, even if I still don't like my face. I did weightlift regularly (4 times a week) in my early 20's, but I could only really bulk up in my arms at the time. I did manage to get up to around 220lbs in weight though. Since I have a super-fast metabolism even in my 30's, eating a lot and eating regularly would also be my only hope to try to look more proportioned.

I don't know if it would improve my chances with women, but it might at least instill some confidence and would wear me out sufficiently so that I could sleep without having to drink alcohol to relax me.
Alcohol = empty calories and man boobs.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:38 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Can't rep you, but excellent post. It's a great mood elevator!!!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 01:42 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,278 times
Real men don't need to keep getting pats on the back to know they are doing the right thing. Some of my most dangerous tasks never even had a thank you. I don't need them. I risked my ass and even though they don't/won't say it, they all know it, and their HUSBANDS too!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 PM

11,811 posts, read 12,051,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Keep this in mind too - When you target a woman who you are attracted to based on her appearance, you're just some random guy who likes how she looks. She's thinking "What are the odds this guy will be any kind of match with me?" She knows nothing about you, and she knows you just think she's pretty. For a woman who knows she's attractive, what's her motivation? You picked her out based on looks alone - flattering perhaps, but nothing to work with. I've been approached by men who have thought something I said was funny, or men who liked my boots or men who thought my t-shirt was funny - stuff that reflected my personality. That, I could grab onto.

^^^This x 1,000,000. Really bears repeating.

Out in the real world, average/regular people are in relationships and marriages and are happy. They're not all hot, buff and rich, and you're kidding yourself if you think all the superficial things in life are what make a good quality relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships