Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,951,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Women do the same thing, especially good looking ones. If a man has too much confidence women will say that he is cocky or arrogant or full of himself. No one knows when you're talking to them for 2 mins if you're confident or not. It's complete bs that somehow people who don't know you can get a whiff of your confidence and therefore, assess whether he or she wants anything to do with you.
You got that right. Right on the money!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 10:23 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,496,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
LMAO Mine can't get any higher. Read my posts! LOL That doesn't work if it's the wrong kind of testosterone. The wrong kind is the manly man kind. The most manly men are usually alone and without women. .
No, sweetie. What's not working for you are posts like these that make you sound uneducated.
The 'wrong kind of testosterone'? What does that even mean?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Eastwood's Greatest Hits - Dirty Harry - YouTube

VS

Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River - YouTube

That's like putting an elevator in an outhouse! LMAO LMAO LMAO

Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I've always said that in dating, location, availability & access were the 3 most important things for being success.

Not really. Generally, it's bc she is in b*tch mode and she doesn't want any guy, quality or not approaching her. They can't be bothered talking to some guy whom they may feel isn't on their level. There are 9s and 10s that don't walk around with their b*tch shields up and therefore, don't look unhappy but instead look friendly and open.
Agreed. And even more pathetic are the men who have to readjust EVERYTHING. Everything you've ever known. Get a new job, new clothes....forget who you are. P* SS ON THAT!! I know who I am.

Die Hard Trilogy - YouTube

Old 07-15-2012, 10:52 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,410,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You should try hitting the gym. Weight lifting will naturally increase your testosterone levels, which in turn will increase your sex drive. (Right now you aren't getting women because you don't have much of a sex drive... your sex drive literally drives your pursuit of women, so without it you will remain alone.) Looking more fit will make you feel more confident and put a spring in your step. And of course having a fit body will attract more women. Try it for 4 months as see how you feel.
I may end up hitting the gym just to at least try to improve my body, even if I still don't like my face. I did weightlift regularly (4 times a week) in my early 20's, but I could only really bulk up in my arms at the time. I did manage to get up to around 220lbs in weight though. Since I have a super-fast metabolism even in my 30's, eating a lot and eating regularly would also be my only hope to try to look more proportioned.

I don't know if it would improve my chances with women, but it might at least instill some confidence and would wear me out sufficiently so that I could sleep without having to drink alcohol to relax me.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:01 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,420,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I may end up hitting the gym just to at least try to improve my body, even if I still don't like my face. I did weightlift regularly (4 times a week) in my early 20's, but I could only really bulk up in my arms at the time. I did manage to get up to around 220lbs in weight though. Since I have a super-fast metabolism even in my 30's, eating a lot and eating regularly would also be my only hope to try to look more proportioned.

I don't know if it would improve my chances with women, but it might at least instill some confidence and would wear me out sufficiently so that I could sleep without having to drink alcohol to relax me.
I don't mean to sound bossy, but... Stop with the alcohol NOW. Seriously. It is exacerbating every other problem you have. If you need to drink to sleep, there is a serious problem. Take up meditation instead. or pretty much anything else!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:18 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,696,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
LMAO Mine can't get any higher. Read my posts! LOL That doesn't work if it's the wrong kind of testosterone. The wrong kind is the manly man kind. The most manly men are usually alone and without women. Was Clint Eastwood married or have a girlfriend in the Dirty Harry's? How about Bruce in the Diehards? He was by himself most of the time. Arnold in Commando? We see his daughter, no ladies are around. I don't remember any women in Rambo either. So you see, it's all the testosterone they "like". I vouch for that with myself and all of my single friends. We're manly men. THE MOST manly! The only way chicks are gonna fall on our arm is taming it down. I don't see that happening because men like us won't change if you tortured us. We don't/won't sell out at any price. Someone is going to have to accept us the way we are.
Huh?

Quote:

You must be an ectomorph. Eating the right amount regularly and lifting weights again will certainly improve your chances with women because of the increase in testosterone, because you will look more appealing, and yes you will sleep better.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,098,665 times
Quote:

Sadly enough if we cant tell the 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s women to go to the gym and loose some wieght off that caboose. I don't know why non attractive women who are out of shape prefer a man to be fit. It boggels my mind. I go to the gym often. The gym only made my chest big, I look too much of an alpha male especially in a city where many women are perfering metro sexual type of guys or even guys that are smaller then them and avoiding alpha males all together.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Sadly enough if we cant tell the 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s women to go to the gym and loose some wieght off that caboose. I don't know why non attractive women who are out of shape prefer a man to be fit. It boggels my mind. I go to the gym often. The gym only made my chest big, I look too much of an alpha male especially in a city where many women are perfering metro sexual type of guys or even guys that are smaller then them and avoiding alpha males all together.
In my case, I'd be going to bulk up, not to lose any weight. It's not about attracting women anymore - I'm tired of being tall and skinny. I can't even buy clothing that doesn't either look too baggy on me, or not long enough. At least if I had some semblance of a body, I might not care so much about my rather hideous face. Lifting weights used to help relieve a lot of stress and I felt more self-confident in my early 20's, just by virtue of being physically very powerful after years of being bulled and tormented as a child/teenager,

Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Huh?

You must be an ectomorph. Eating the right amount regularly and lifting weights again will certainly improve your chances with women because of the increase in testosterone, because you will look more appealing, and yes you will sleep better.
I didn't really find that in my early 20's, but I'd be doing it just to add a bit of shape to my upper body in particular.

I'm 6'5 and just over 200lbs - I need to add at least 20lbs to look at least somewhat normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships