Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:56 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,300,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Why do we people who try to explain to people that living together, having sex, having kids, etc. before marriage is wrong get hated on?

I realize that this thread is going to be hated by most, but I really want to know why when we try to tell people the reasons why we believe in certain traditions get labeled as "prudes?"

We take all kinds of crap from people and don't call them judgmental, but why is it that it can't go the other way?

Is it because those people know that what they're doing is wrong and they don't want to be called on it, so they label anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle as "prudes who won't get laid?"

No troll answers, please. I would like some reasonable explanations please.
Is it wrong that I had sex for 6 years with my spouse before we married? Maybe.....but after 36 years (4 kids) and lots of sex we're still at it.I don't know anyone who would look down on premarital sex anymore than I know anyone who would think less of you if you waited till after you tie the knott........everyone does it in their own way.....I would like a reasonable explanation as to why you feel that way.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Becoz they don't like reading stuff you post. Calling someone a teen is mostly an insult borne out of intense disagreement.

There are creeps who have called me "bored internet teen" in the politics board becoz they can otherwise never come up with a valid counter-argument
Hahaha I can imagine. I've been on another political forum different from here on city data where people are a bit more like-minded to me with the exception of a few bored opposers (since I can't call them you-know-whats)

Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,479,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
You lack the tact and the knowledge to respond to most of the people on this thread with an intelligent response. Your personal life is just that, personal. I really doubt anyone on this forum cares if you stay celibate for life. However, most people do get offended when you judge their lifestyle. If you are celibate for religous reasons, you are missing the point that Christians are supposed to be accepting and loving of all people. If you are celibate because so far you have not been in love, your opinions will likely change with more life experience. Either way, your opinions are yours to have, but you should not call people wrong for disagreeing with you.
You're right, Christians are supposed to be accepting of all people. So if a non-Christian does non-Christian things, a Christian shouldn't judge them.

However, when another Christian does non-Christian/hypocritical things and tries to pass themself off as a Christian, then Christians have every right to judge them for being a hypocrite/not practicing what they preach.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,750,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Funny. Most people think I'm like 14 in my posts.
I wonder why

Actually no, I don't wonder why at all. You sound like an immature know-it-all who likes to spout your opinions based on nothing. When you're a grown up we may take you a bit more seriously. Until then you need to get out and start living instead of sitting at a computer telling adults what they should and shouldn't do.

Gee, CancerianMoonPrincess meet your soul mate, city-data91.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
CancerianMoonPrincess;

a
lthough I do believe in the things you believe in, I think it's important to remember that there are people who live by different standard. And yes, you are passing judgment to those who are living differently by telling them that "it's wrong". Judging leads to judgmentalism. I've learned (and still am) over the years to not judge those who are outside of the Church (not sure if you are a Christian) but only those who are within the Church. It's bold...But wrong choice of words to use to express your opinion.
I respect your views, even if they're not my own.

(note to CMP: this is a very good example of how to state your views without insulting other people)

Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I wonder why

Actually no, I don't wonder why at all. You sound like an immature know-it-all who likes to spout your opinions based on nothing. When you're a grown up we may take you a bit more seriously. Until then you need to get out and start living instead of sitting at a computer telling adults what they should and shouldn't do.

I'm not sitting at a computer. In case you haven't read my posts, I'm doing this on my phone.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:16 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,204,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I wonder why

LOL. I had to laugh at this.

City-Data91 is actually a pretty nice guy in person.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
You're right, Christians are supposed to be accepting of all people. So if a non-Christian does non-Christian things, a Christian shouldn't judge them.

However, when another Christian does non-Christian/hypocritical things and tries to pass themself off as a Christian, then Christians have every right to judge them for being a hypocrite/not practicing what they preach.
It seems to me that you enjoy telling others and pointing out people's mistakes. Christians aren't the only people that are hypocrites. They're seen as hypocrites because they're the one preaching and should be practicing what they preach. It doesn't matter if a non-Christian does non-Christian things that don't make them a hypocrite. Little things can make one a hypocrite.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
LOL. I had to laugh at this.

City-Data91 is actually a pretty nice guy in person.
Yeah. They should definitely hook up. Both celebrate, don't want to have kids, 19 going on 20, post on CD for attention because they don't have friends to hang out..but he's not as Christian as her though.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,635,440 times
Hah, you know, what you have to say really isn't "A bit bold," so much as it is, "A bit condescending," "A bit rude," or "A bit holier-than-thou."

Which may be why you run into problems with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships